uno

Need Dimensions Craig's Custom Bracket

My front plate has been in my window for 2 years now with no problems, but today my father took my car out for a spin and got a ticket for it. I've decided to fix this and really dont feel like drilling holes.

i dont think i can use Craigs Custom Bracket and youll see why in the following picture. does anyone have the dimensions of Craigs bracket handy? I think my support rods may be in a really bad place.

headonlow.jpg

lowprofilefront.jpg

Edited by uno

Craig's bracket will not fit with a traditional installation. You might be able to sneak it in with Dig-It's alternative installation location but with your splitter, your ground clearance would be awfully small. In California, it is a fix it ticket. I assume you need to get it signed off and then you would take off the bracket and go bare again. BTW, having it behind your windshield is just as illegal as not having it at all, at least in California.

Here is Dig-It's alternative. Go to post #4 for the link. Good luck. http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php...c=46544&hl=

Jim

Craig's bracket will not fit with a traditional installation. You might be able to sneak it in with Dig-It's alternative installation location but with your splitter, your ground clearance would be awfully small. In California, it is a fix it ticket. I assume you need to get it signed off and then you would take off the bracket and go bare again. BTW, having it behind your windshield is just as illegal as not having it at all, at least in California.

Here is Dig-It's alternative. Go to post #4 for the link. Good luck. http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php...c=46544&hl=

Jim

I do live in CA and have never been given a Fix-It Ticket in the past. No officer of the law has even mentioned it.

ill try the alternative location and if that doesnt work, i guess ill have to drill into my bumper. I bought this car brand new, two years ago, in California and it had no holes drilled. Hell, the thing is even made for California, if im not mistaken, the center cluster of gauges was only put on the California edition right?

Thanks for the advice. The splitter protrudes 2" and down there, that plate would be REALLY low to the ground so i dont think that would work either :( I may end up trying to find some sort of aluminum bracket at Home Depot and bend it to fit in the lower grille area to the side of the support rods.

Or...just drill.

-Matt

Edited by uno

I do live in CA and have never been given a Fix-It Ticket in the past. No officer of the law has even mentioned it.

ill try the alternative location and if that doesnt work, i guess ill have to drill into my bumper. I bought this car brand new, two years ago, in California and it had no holes drilled. Hell, the thing is even made for California, if im not mistaken, the center cluster of gauges was only put on the California edition right?

Thanks for the advice. The splitter protrudes 2" and down there, that plate would be REALLY low to the ground so i dont think that would work either :( I may end up trying to find some sort of aluminum bracket at Home Depot and bend it to fit in the lower grille area to the side of the support rods.

Or...just drill.

-Matt

I wouldn't drill any holes in my bumper for a fix it ticket...zip tie the darn thing to those supports, get it signed off on then take it off again...cops got nothing better to do than worry about a damn front license plate with all the real crime going on...Glad I'm not in law enforcement any more...these younger guys are stuck on going by the letter of the law for everything now days...what ever happened to a "gray area" or a little discretion when it comes to tickets???