OCD

Round one completed!!

Beautiful car OCD. Verrrrry clean. Have you thought about putting the Shelby letters on your hood?

Thank you!! I spend a lot of time cleaning it because that's cheaper than therapy!! :hysterical:

I am not sure if I am going to do the hood letters... It is easier to clean and polish the hood without them!!

The exhaust is coming together!! Some sweet welding!!

IMG_9557.jpg

IMG_9553.jpg

P1020301.JPG

P1020304.JPG

Good, I'm glad you posted this.

I am in the process of doing the same thing to my car. I have the Shelby/BMR K-member, non-adjustable A-arms and A-arm brace. Oh, and the driveshaft loop too (they're not red but a dark hammertone color).

I have the K-member up under the car and I did have it a little more than finger tight (mounting bolts) so it was in place (more on that below).

I have 10 BIG ASS flat washers that came in the kit but NOWHERE in the instruction sheet does it tell me where they go. I have all the rest figred out as they only fit certain bolts.

I thought maybe the 10 BIG ASS flat washers went on each of the K-member to body mounts....but that's only 8 mounting points and 10 washers. So maybe they just gave me 2 extra, says I.

But I see that it APPEARS you used yours on the A-arm rear mounts. That was another idea I had, but stil...only 8 get used which leaves 2 extra.

I got my parts from Shelby but I ASSUME that Shelby just put their name at the top of BMR's instruction sheet so it's the same one you have. I ASSUME....

Does yours say where those 10 BIG ASS flat washers go?

ALSO: When I cinch up my k-member, the engine platform mounts don't come close to matching the holes in the Shelby/BMR Poly mounts. It looks like I may have to move my engine forward 1/2" to 1', which isn't something I really want to do and is the reason I have the k-member loose again....to try and move the member BACK rather than move the engine forward.

Did you find the same problem?

HELP!

Phill Pollard - 2010 GT500

Hi Phill, I didn't install the parts myself and I didn't get the instructions back from my mechanic so I am of no help for the washer placement... Sorry... I do know that he didn't have to move the motor. he said everytrhing went into place just like the factory parts but better!! Does't the Shelby K member lower the motor? That could be why it doesn't line up with the factory mounts... You should call BMR...

Hi Phill, I didn't install the parts myself and I didn't get the instructions back from my mechanic so I am of no help for the washer placement... Sorry... I do know that he didn't have to move the motor. he said everytrhing went into place just like the factory parts but better!! Does't the Shelby K member lower the motor? That could be why it doesn't line up with the factory mounts... You should call BMR...

I don't have the factory mounts. They won't work with the BMR k-member as they are bolted onto the OEM K-member with two bolts and the BMR Poly mounts are a single bolt with two polyurethane bushings that sandwhich the mounting pad between them and a stainless steel "hat" on the top.

Maybe, MAYBE if I lower the endine all the way down (it's about 1/2" from the mount right now) it MIGHT align a litle closer but as it is, the hole in the motor mount brackets sit about 1" ahead of the holes in the BMR mounts.

I'm thinkin' I might loosen the trans mount and crossmember then use a ratchet type tie-down strap to pull the motor forward just a RCH to align the holes, slide the bolts up into the mounts, tighten 'em up and then tighten up the 8 k-member to frame mounting bolts/nuts.

I was just wondering if anyone else has run across this issue.

Is yours a 2010 or earler? I was also wondering if the 2010 was somehow differnet (engine set-back, perhaps???).

And those 10 BIG ASS flat washers are throwin' me for a loop. I'll go with your method and use 'em on the rear a-arm brackets as that looks like the most likely place for 'em.

I have a feeling they just threw in a extra two washers to screw with me!

Anyone got a contact number for a BMR Tech Support person?

Thanks for your input,

Phill

I don't have the factory mounts. They won't work with the BMR k-member as they are bolted onto the OEM K-member with two bolts and the BMR Poly mounts are a single bolt with two polyurethane bushings that sandwhich the mounting pad between them and a stainless steel "hat" on the top.

Maybe, MAYBE if I lower the endine all the way down (it's about 1/2" from the mount right now) it MIGHT align a litle closer but as it is, the hole in the motor mount brackets sit about 1" ahead of the holes in the BMR mounts.

I'm thinkin' I might loosen the trans mount and crossmember then use a ratchet type tie-down strap to pull the motor forward just a RCH to align the holes, slide the bolts up into the mounts, tighten 'em up and then tighten up the 8 k-member to frame mounting bolts/nuts.

I was just wondering if anyone else has run across this issue.

Is yours a 2010 or earler? I was also wondering if the 2010 was somehow differnet (engine set-back, perhaps???).

And those 10 BIG ASS flat washers are throwin' me for a loop. I'll go with your method and use 'em on the rear a-arm brackets as that looks like the most likely place for 'em.

I have a feeling they just threw in a extra two washers to screw with me!

Anyone got a contact number for a BMR Tech Support person?

Thanks for your input,

Phill

It says that 10 washers come with the kit, here is the install instructions from the BMR site... http://www.bmrsuspension.com/siteart/install/KM009-010.pdf

http://www.bmrsuspension.com/index.cfm?page=technical

Sales & Tech Support: 813-986-9302

It says that 10 washers come with the kit, here is the install instructions from the BMR site... http://www.bmrsuspension.com/siteart/install/KM009-010.pdf

http://www.bmrsuspension.com/index.cfm?page=technical

Sales & Tech Support: 813-986-9302

Yeah, my sheet says the same thing....comes with 10 washers. Just doesn't specify where they go.

Your sheet is in color though where Shelby's in in B&W so I can see in "Image 3" where they used the flat washers on the rear a-arm mounts. You can't see that in the Shelby inst. sheet as it is a poor B&W copy of the BMR sheet, just with the Shelby logo along the top edge where BMR has theirs.

That's good enough for me. I'll put them on the rear a-arm bolts and just ASSUME they gave us 2 extra in case we lose one or mess it up upon installation.

Thanks for the help,

Phill (now, back to the sale mine!)

[video=youtube;71OTp4Xq6V0]

[video=youtube;OcIjtmflrpM]

[video=youtube;71OTp4Xq6V0]

[video=youtube;OcIjtmflrpM]

\

Sounds sweet, hey are you in the oil business that coat looks familiar like a north slope BP coat.

Well, I changed the oil in the Shelby today!! I just bought the coat because it is really warm!!

P1020388.JPG

P1020393.JPG

P1020395.JPG

Always prime the filter,

P1020391.JPG

Edited by OCD

All finished under here!!

P1020418.JPG

P1020417.JPG

P1020407.JPG

P1020426.JPG

Check out the shadow on the floor!! Hard to get in focus with a flashlight in one hand and camera in the other.... Lol... Can't wait to see it in better light!!

P1020431.JPG

P1020432.JPG

Very nice .....I like those tips...what brand are they?

Alexandros

Thanks!!

No brand name for the tips, my exhaust buddy has them custom cnc'd for his systems!! We decided to get them anodized, just to see what they would look like...

All finished under here!!

P1020418.JPG

Man, I just love that exhaust system you built. It looks like a *real* quality job. Whoever you have for a welder knows his stuff. That's just downright purty.

And I have another question. In the photo above, your A-arm cross-brace is mounted in the channel on the lower side of the A-arms. The instruction sheet shows the brace being used on a OEM K-member and I have the Shelby (BMR) K-member and A-arms like you do. But my brace will NOT fit in that channel like you have yours. With the OEM subframe, you *can't* mount it on the bottom, it HAS to mounted to the top of the a-arm bracket.

Do you know if your guy ground a little off the edges of the mounting tabs on the brace bar? Or maybe he opened up the channel a little to get the tabs to fit in there?

I've tried the "support" contact on BMR's site but NO answer. It might be becaue my parts are "Shelby" but there is NO DOUBT that BMR built them (identical in every way to what you have, other than being the dark/black hammertone paint vs. the red).

Since the BMR K-member drops the engine down 1/2", it will be TIGHT if I put the brace bar on the top of the A-arm brackets and until I try it, I'm not even sure if it'll work...and like I said, the inst. sheet says it goes on the TOP of the a-arms but again, that is with a OEM K-member/subframe and OEM A-arms.

I also notice on mine the brace has a *slight* "V" shape to it. Does the tip of the "V" face forward or rearward on your car?

I asked BMR about that too and NO answer. And forget about Sheby "tech support"...there is no such animal.

Thanks for your help...again,

Phill

Well, I changed the oil in the Shelby today!! I just bought the coat because it is really warm!!

P1020388.JPG

This is what I'm talking about in my previous post. See how your a-arm brace mounting tabs fit IN the channel? Mine are too wide....

And it's hard to tell but from your pics, it looks like the "V" points DOWN on your car. Mine is either forward or backward, depending on how you face it. I have a feeling mine was misaligned when they built it.

Can you confirm how the "V" shape sits on your car for me? It'd be real simple to see, just look under the car and sight down the tube.

Thanks,

Phill

This is what I'm talking about in my previous post. See how your a-arm brace mounting tabs fit IN the channel? Mine are too wide....

And it's hard to tell but from your pics, it looks like the "V" points DOWN on your car. Mine is either forward or backward, depending on how you face it. I have a feeling mine was misaligned when they built it.

Can you confirm how the "V" shape sits on your car for me? It'd be real simple to see, just look under the car and sight down the tube.

Thanks,

Phill

I will go check Phill, and grab some closer pics for you too... My mechanic said the whole thing went together really good, he didn't have to do any "mods"... Sounds like something is out of whack on yours, you should not be having these problems...

Brb...

Edited by OCD

Sounds like something is out of whack on yours, you should not be having these problems...

Yeah, I'm startin' to think the same thing.

The engine alignment issue could be because it's a 2010 and I've found quite a few *slight* differences between the '10+ and the '09+E cars. I got it to sit on the mounts right but I had to pull some funny stuff to make it work.

But the a-arm brace tabs shouldn't be affected by the MY of the car or the fact that they are Shelby...they're both BMR

Phill

The tip of the V points to the back of the car...

P1020440.JPG

Mounting point close ups,

P1020439.JPG

P1020451.JPG

OCD - looks great. Very nice exhaust! How much weight do the BMR tubular front end parts save?

OCD - looks great. Very nice exhaust! How much weight do the BMR tubular front end parts save?

Thanks blazeone!!

The K member is 20 lbs llighter than stock and the a arms are a combined 11 lb less than the stock ones...

Thanks!!

No brand name for the tips, my exhaust buddy has them custom cnc'd for his systems!! We decided to get them anodized, just to see what they would look like...

Nice.... how is the driving and handling.....

Alexandros

Nice.... how is the driving and handling.....

Alexandros

Not sure yet, waiting for the alley to melt...

I put the sand down just to get it off the deck truck and in the garage!!

P1020384.JPG

In the meantime I have a few mods to complete...

Coil covers upgraded,

P1020552.JPG

P1020561.JPG

Rocket booster, lol!!

P1020502.JPG

Lots of clearance!!

P1020509.JPG

Oh Man OCD, your car is simply incredible...

But I am sorry to inform you that your case of MODBUGITIS is terminal... there is no known cure at this time...:hysterical:

Keep up the good work.

GUS

Oh Man OCD, your car is simply incredible...

But I am sorry to inform you that your case of MODBUGITIS is terminal... there is no known cure at this time...:hysterical:

Keep up the good work.

GUS

Thanks Gus!! Nope, I am done modding this car... Right after a Stereo and TVS, maybe some minor stuff too...

Freakin nice....when you take it out keep us posted on the driving.....Awesome man....:)

Alexandros

The test drive on the new parts will be a 1800 mile trip to Shelbyfest!! The round trip total will be more miles than I put on it all last year!!

I hope the undercarrige doesn't get dirty...

Have had her out a bit and there is no huge noise difference with the BMR parts, you can feel the road a lot more though but that is what I like... I really don't feel any more vibration in the car from the motor via the BMR K member... There were no problems doing an alignment after the install, so I am happy with the results!!

Put some tunes in too!!

P1020696.JPG

Rear view Cam,

P1020685.JPG

Focal 3 way speakers,

P1020691.JPG

photoq.JPG

Wattage,

P1020725.JPG

Boomage,

P1020718.JPG

They also put an extra audio battery in to run the amps,