OCD

Round one completed!!

Just wondering if you can post photos showing the portion of the BMR sub frame connectors where they are closest to the outer plastic ground effects trim.

Do they interfere with the outer jacking lift points on the pinch welded seams?

I ordered sub frame connectors for my car, but will probably have to get someone else involved to weld them on.

I can bench mig weld myself, but cannot position weld good enough for my liking.

It would also a lot easier to do with the car on a lift rather than just on jack stands.

I need to do that... my pumps and lines are still in my trunk whatd you get return doubles?

wait a minute, what the hells under that seat that has that many nuts? 6 nuts? is that bolt going to space?

Just wondering if you can post photos showing the portion of the BMR sub frame connectors where they are closest to the outer plastic ground effects trim.

Do they interfere with the outer jacking lift points on the pinch welded seams?

I ordered sub frame connectors for my car, but will probably have to get someone else involved to weld them on.

I can bench mig weld myself, but cannot position weld good enough for my liking.

It would also a lot easier to do with the car on a lift rather than just on jack stands.

They angle away and clear the jack points,

Front,

20150421_000343_resized.jpg

And the rear,

20150426_154708_resized.jpg

20150426_154946_resized.jpg

• Like 1

I need to do that... my pumps and lines are still in my trunk whatd you get return doubles?

No return, still using the factory line...

wait a minute, what the hells under that seat that has that many nuts? 6 nuts? is that bolt going to space?

Redneck spacers to level my subs...

20150703_143825_resized.jpg

20150703_143914_resized.jpg

20150703_201124_resized.jpg

Thanks for posting the pics, it makes it easier to see how they fit, which is pretty good.

AM still has some decent discounts on BMR parts, so besides the sub frame connectors I also ordered their tubular K-member, tubular A-arms, K-member brace & A-arm brace.

I picked up a OTC Stinger 1100 lb engine support brace, and with proper supports and stands I am hoping that I can safely install those parts in my garage.

In my neck of the woods we still have at least 4 months before our roads are half decent clean and usable for perfomance vehicles.

I am also going to try the Raxiom LED headlights too, hopefully they work out as well as some have reported.

Anything that helps to reduce the overall load on the electrical system is a plus in my books.

I have already converted my fogs, interior, trunk & license lights with great results, was never a fan of the yellowish incandescent bulbs.

Btw, are the lower side plastic trim pieces easily removeable?

Do they have anything goofy like one-time use push pins or similar?

It looks like to be able to have enough room to weld properly and prevent possible heat damage, they should be removed.

Any other tips you might have would be helpful.

Thanks Again.

Sweet parts list, that will lighten and tighten up the front end!! I am looking forward to pics of the led headlights, I went with led fogs and like them, still have to do the rest of the bulbs!!

The plastic trim pieces come off pretty easy with a clip tool... I broke a couple of the push pins, they are not cheap but are reusable if you take your time removing them!! Unlike me...

I didn't do the welding on mine, but it was done on a level 4 post lift... I would be very careful welding the sfc's while the car is on jack stands, if the car is twisted or flexing in any way that may become permanent!!

Do you have the BMR adjustable sway bars?

I am still running the stock sway bars, but on occaision I do drop the front bar when going out to the drag strip.

I read somewhere that the KRs use a lighter front bar, probably because of the different suspension changes have altered the steering characteristics of the car.

Maybe something like a V6 GT bar might be fine for a street strip type of car like mine.

I plan on taking the car somewhere for the sub frame connectors, for the same reasons you listed, plus easier access with a lift and want a better position welder than myself.

There is currently a 4 - 5 week wait on the led headlights, so it will be awhile before those arrive.

I already have led fog lights too, but noticed that Raxiom offers the high output cree led ones.

Might give them a try as well, even though they are 3 - 4 times the cost of the small smd led fog bulbs I currently have.

I have heard that the local track has eased up on the 11.5 roll bar rule some, because newer cars are quicker to start with and have a much stronger roof structure.

If I can just dip into the high 10s, I would be happy.

I haven't bought any car parts in three months!! Didn't even get it a Christmas present!! Lol..

I have been busy though!! When I got my wheels powder coated, it cost me 300 bucks, but he said he usually charges around 500 for a set of 4... I figure since I can paint I should be able to powder coat, so I am going for it!!

Bought a blast cabinet and new compressor,

20151107_234618_resized.jpg

Air line and fittings,

20151224_140733_resized.jpg

20151224_215911_resized.jpg

Still waiting for the Tsunami filter systems I ordered... Garage will have Grade D air!! Lol... Checking out guns right now, and will start with a small oven and build my own walk in one... Prefabs are huge dollars!!

I also sold this 56" Mastercraft tool box for 50 bucks more than I paid for it!!

20151218_232247_resized.jpg

It was a quick sale to make room for one of those less than half price deals that it is hard to pass up,

72" KRL1033, 2 years old...

20160112_175228_resized.jpg

There's a few chips in it, and it needed a full OCD cleaning and detail!! Hahaha...

• Like 1

Before,

DSC01259.JPG

Now,

20160603_172239_resized.jpg

My leaky C&R rad got in a fight with a sledgehammer, lol... Hammer won... I put the factory rad back in, works perfect!!

20160505_154410_resized.jpg

• Like 1

What the.....? :hysterical:

Nice job on the wheel and toolbox!

:thumbsup:

What the.....? :hysterical:

Nice job on the wheel and toolbox!

:thumbsup:

Ok, the rad... It pretty well leaked from the get go but I didn't really clue in until the warranty was over... My fault... I paid to send it to C&R, they put some epoxy where it was leaking, charged me $135, and I paid to get it sent back...

Still leaked... Finally got the hammer... Felt good too, but was an expensive therapy session!! LOL!!

I was happy how the wheels came out, I had two with some curb rash that I got fixed, had him fill in the KR on them all at the same time!! Don't want people to think i am a poser!! HAHAHA!!

I slightly modified the toolbox,

20160604_121604_resized.jpg

Finished building my air system too, The infinity pipe and fitting are great to work with...

20160604_121435_resized.jpg

20160604_121507_resized.jpg

20160604_121526_resized.jpg

The wheel refinisher did a fabulous job on your rims. It just goes to show what a quality wheel repair business can do.

Awesome system; the sky is the limit now.

I want to get into powder coating and more painting small projects!! Going to need a bigger shop at some point!!

The wheel refinisher did a fabulous job on your rims. It just goes to show what a quality wheel repair business can do.

I was blown away by the job he did!! I couldn't tell where the two rims were gouged either!!

Had some Nitto NT555 G2's mounted on them!! Went with factory sizing...

20160606_143909_resized.jpg

20160606_143918_resized.jpg

• Like 1

It's unreal how they could fill in the KR engraving. Nice touch.

He used high quality filler and said the aluminum in the rims is very high quality too!! Way to go Alcoa!!

I can't wait to try them but it's been raining all day...

Before,

DSC01259.JPG

Now,

20160603_172239_resized.jpg

My leaky C&R rad got in a fight with a sledgehammer, lol... Hammer won... I put the factory rad back in, works perfect!!

20160505_154410_resized.jpg

Did you end up getting new radiator hoses to put the stock radiator back in?

The hoses were not cut shorter when the C&R rad was installed, so they fit right up to the factory rad!!

Ok, the rad... It pretty well leaked from the get go but I didn't really clue in until the warranty was over... My fault... I paid to send it to C&R, they put some epoxy where it was leaking, charged me $135, and I paid to get it sent back...

Still leaked... Finally got the hammer... Felt good too, but was an expensive therapy session!! LOL!!

I was happy how the wheels came out, I had two with some curb rash that I got fixed, had him fill in the KR on them all at the same time!! Don't want people to think i am a poser!! HAHAHA!!

I slightly modified the toolbox,

20160604_121604_resized.jpg

Finished building my air system too, The infinity pipe and fitting are great to work with...

20160604_121435_resized.jpg

20160604_121507_resized.jpg

20160604_121526_resized.jpg

Really nice stuff! Great job, love the tool box color.

Those big side cabinet addons to your new Snap-On box would look great with some kind of cobra emblem vinyl decal or wrap.

Possibly something stylized like a variation of what they did on the super cobra jet cars.

It could help protect the finish too, but I am willing to bet yours won't get to see too much grinder spark spray or weld splatter on them :)

Those big side cabinet addons to your new Snap-On box would look great with some kind of cobra emblem vinyl decal or wrap.

Possibly something stylized like a variation of what they did on the super cobra jet cars.

It could help protect the finish too, but I am willing to bet yours won't get to see too much grinder spark spray or weld splatter on them :)

That's a good idea!! The main box needs the drawer fronts repainted, there are tons of scratches and chips in it from the previous owner... The lockers and hutch are new and I want them to stay that way... Yes, all grinding is done on the other side of the garage!! I still have to learn how to weld!!

Looks so small in this pic, I love the cabinets though!! Tons of storage space!!

20160226_023237_resized.jpg

20160226_022853_resized.jpg