sharon

Limited Edition Shelby Strats Guitar

Made in the USA Strat - that's a fair price with sig.. But, I would need to sell my 1960's - D28. That isn't going to happen.

The other thing that isn't going to happen is this guitar. That's to bad. Sharon what's the price if they only build 50?

As of now I do not have enough people on the list but I will keep the list open and maybe next year.

By any chance, has the list grown any?

I was really hoping for one of these guitars.

Edited by Captain Beyond

By any chance, has the list grown any?

I was really hoping for one of these guitars.

I've got email correspondence from Sharon stating that its still in works. Dont have a date or specifiics but its still in the works.

\

I would still be in for no other reason than to help make it go through.

Lets get this going again!!!!!!!!!!!

I would like to think we should be able to generate enough intrest.

They need 100 commitments, there is a list but I have no Idea how short we were.

Whats the latest Sharon?

Here are some New Guitars that we are thinking about making. I would like to know how many people would be interested in this guitar. We will be pre-selling these. There will only be 100 made and all will be singed by Carroll Shelby with a special plaque on the back.

These Guitars will be 1,299 for those that are on that list and 1,399 after that.

I will be keeping a list of people that are interested in these guitars and once we get enough people interested I will place the order.

If you are interested please e-mail me at Sharone@shelbyautos.com

Folks, that's not a bad price...heck, that's a GOOD price for a guitar like that. Right now, Guitar Center is selling "Limited Edition Hot Rod" Guitars. Red w/red flames on them, limited to....hmm, I *think* 5000. The are asking something like $5,000 (which is where I MIGHT'a got that edition count from) to $7,000. They are Les Paul (style) Gibson's too, not Fenders.

I was thinking about grrabbing one for a "investement" to use as wall art that I could possibly sell in the future, or heir to my youngest (30) son who plays in a band.

So $1300-$1400 is CHEAP.

Now having said that, I *reall* like the first KR edition (style) Shelby Guitar they made. I like the double stripes because it matches the GT500 AND the GT500KR. If Shelby was to make something a little more specific to the newer Shelby's or KR's, I would be MORE likely to buy one. As it is, the one featured in this thread is a little too "generic" (to Mustang, not specific to GT/KR) for me.

Oh, and I am ASS-U-MEing that the piece is a right-handed fender, right? (looks like one)

My opinion/suggestion: Add a couple of double racing stripes SOMEWHERE on the face and it will attract more of the Shelby crowd vs. more of the Mustang crowd.

I guess my main point is, the PRICE is *not* bad and in fact, is pretty good for a "semi-custom" article. Hell, I think my kid paid more than that for a reverse neck Washburn and I paid over that for a real nice BC Rich many many MANY years ago.

Did any of that make any sense?

Thanks for listening to another one of my rants,

Phill

Why does this stuff have to always have to be such a mystery? Is this guitar going to be built? Yes or no?

Hardly a rant, Phil. Good points except now I want one of the Les Paul guitars. :)

Jim

Check out Guitar Center's WWW site. There was a link last time I looked. There were two different styles if memory serves me. *I* like the red one with red flames and I *think* (don't remember for sure) the other was blue w/blue flames.

HTH,

Phill

Check out Guitar Center's WWW site. There was a link last time I looked. There were two different styles if memory serves me. *I* like the red one with red flames and I *think* (don't remember for sure) the other was blue w/blue flames.

HTH,

Phill

These Strats will be something nice for the Shelby aficionados... I have one of the black SGT ones (Mexican), and this one promises to be a far nicer instrument. PLUS the signature!

As for the Hot Rod Gibsons being mentioned here... Those are GREAT Les Pauls, BTW... Red only, I think. It was a collaboration with Hot Rod Magazine.

The pickup covers are blued like a heated exhaust pipe, lots of other nice details... really cool guitars. Played and sounded fabulous, as well.

If anyone wants 'em, PM me... I'll take a look around and find one for you.

Jer

(Guitar Center General Manager)

Edited by Jer

Here are some New Guitars that we are thinking about making. I would like to know how many people would be interested in this guitar. We will be pre-selling these. There will only be 100 made and all will be singed by Carroll Shelby with a special plaque on the back.

These Guitars will be 1,299 for those that are on that list and 1,399 after that.

I will be keeping a list of people that are interested in these guitars and once we get enough people interested I will place the order.

If you are interested please e-mail me at Sharone@shelbyautos.com

just saw one of these on ebay

http://cgi.ebay.com/Fender-Shelby-Mustang-Tribute-American-Strat-Guitar-/320584537042?pt=Guitar&hash=item4aa453d3d2

From what I understand, there are 100.

They are NOT signed or numbered.

They are available at Fender dealers.

BTW, I'm a Fender dealer. PM me if I can help. happy.gif

Jer

From what I understand, there are 100.

They are NOT signed or numbered.

They are available at Fender dealers.

BTW, I'm a Fender dealer. PM me if I can help. happy.gif

Jer

I don't understand. Is what Sharon posted not true? They are not signed and numbered and available for purchase here first?

So, should I buy one from a Fender dealer or wait to see if they are offered here? :shrug:

Just sent you a PM...

Jer

I put myself on the list when this first started. I am still on the list. Please get this done! I'm in!

Edited by fourd8racer

I put myself on the list when this first started. I am still on the list. Please get this done! I'm in!

Everyone who is interested, please PM me, I'm keeping a list. If you already did, I have you on there already.

I should have confirmation by Tuesday, the info-gathering is taking longer than expected, sorry!

I expect to be able to take care of all interested parties.

Jer

I don't understand. Is what Sharon posted not true? They are not signed and numbered and available for purchase here first?

The plan changed. They are now being sold through Fender dealers. Not numbered, or signed. But also not expensive!

PM me if you haven't already...

Jer