genesmob

VMP Tune and CAI awesome!

I just installed VMP tune and Ford racing intake. It took about 20 minutes and its like driving a different car. Runs perfect, and has 100% better throttle response.

Edited by genesmob

Just wait untill you install the VMP pulley and you will be very surprised again.

Cool deal, I remember installing my tune and cai, it was a kick in the ass thats for sure. Never thought I would need more but boy I was wrong! :)

TVS, pulley,tb and elbow are already ordered.

TVS, pulley,tb and elbow are already ordered.

See what I mean, better find some good tires for sure now. You should be good for around 650rwhp pretty easy now.

See what I mean, better find some good tires for sure now. You should be good for around 650rwhp pretty easy now.

What is a good tire and size for stock rims?

+1

I did the VMP tune and FRPP CAI in April. I was a little nervous about loading the tune, but it was very easy and only took a couple of minutes. I was relieved when I took the car for a test run and no check engine lights came on. A big difference in performance for such an easy mod, and no more anoying upshift arrow.

What is a good tire and size for stock rims?

At the bare minimum some nitto drag radials in the 305 size. I use mickey thompson drag radials, they hook better then the nitto's but don't last very long. I think nitto makes a 305/40/18 which is slighty taller than stock tire that works with stock rims, mt et street drag radial 305/35/18 will work also.

I just installed VMP tune and Ford racing intake. It took about 20 minutes and its like driving a different car. Runs perfect, and has 100% better throttle response.

I also plan to go with the VMP tune and FRPP intake and was wondering how much it increased the supercharger whine if any?

And so it begins :hysterical::hysterical3:

Just wait untill you install the VMP pulley and you will be very surprised again.

+1

Like turning 3rd gear into 2nd gear, 4th gear into 3rd gear.

Tremendous ROI

I also plan to go with the VMP tune and FRPP intake and was wondering how much it increased the supercharger whine if any?

I did the VMP CAI and Tune first, then the pulley later. Did not notice a change in the whine with just the CAI and Tune, but after the pulley, for sure. LOVE that sound! :superhero:

Glad you like it Joe, will get getting the rest of your order taken care of shortly.

The CAI makes the blower whine a lot more, and the pulley makes it a little louder too.

How are these cars tuned OEM? What does VMP do different?

I am coming from the LS1 world where there was about 20whp to be had in a tune to 91* due to GM having the cars running 11-12:1 A/F at WOT. VERY rich. Will a VMP tune do anything for the car if it is requested that the car be tuned for 91*, or does VMP get the extra oomph by tuning for 93*? How much whp would be picked up on a stock '11 GT500 (or '10, as they are the same minus the 10 WHP gain from EPAS, or so) on a VMP 91* tune?

Does VMP's tune lock the PCM like LS1edit did? I had a friend who took his cammed GTO LS2 across the state to get it tuned only to find out the previous tuner's LS1edit had locked the PCM and the trip was a bust.

Edited by JWG223

I am coming from the LS1 world where there was about 20whp to be had in a tune to 91* due to GM having the cars running 11-12:1 A/F at WOT. VERY rich. Will a VMP tune do anything for the car if it is requested that the car be tuned for 91*, or does VMP get the extra oomph by tuning for 93*? How much whp would be picked up on a stock '11 GT500 (or '10, as they are the same minus the 10 WHP gain from EPAS, or so) on a VMP 91* tune?

Does VMP's tune lock the PCM like LS1edit did? I had a friend who took his cammed GTO LS2 across the state to get it tuned only to find out the previous tuner's LS1edit had locked the PCM and the trip was a bust.

I imagine Justin at vmp adjusts alot of things like timing and fuel curves. I run mine on 91 octane with the ford tvs and make 637rwhp with stock throttle body still. I am not 100% sure what can be picked up on a 2011 gt500 since I haven't seen many post about them yet, but I am sure he can pick up some power over stock. Your best bet is to get a 2.6 pulley/tune and you will feel a major difference. I am not for sure on the pcm lock, I can adjust my tune from Justin, I can add timing at low rpm, mid rpm or high rpm, add fuel etc via sct3. Justin will also adjust your tune when you do future mods, just give him a call he can explain everything, you can't go wrong.

I imagine Justin at vmp adjusts alot of things like timing and fuel curves. I run mine on 91 octane with the ford tvs and make 637rwhp with stock throttle body still. I am not 100% sure what can be picked up on a 2011 gt500 since I haven't seen many post about them yet, but I am sure he can pick up some power over stock. Your best bet is to get a 2.6 pulley/tune and you will feel a major difference. I am not for sure on the pcm lock, I can adjust my tune from Justin, I can add timing at low rpm, mid rpm or high rpm, add fuel etc via sct3. Justin will also adjust your tune when you do future mods, just give him a call he can explain everything, you can't go wrong.

Still in the research phase. I want to buy myself a birthday present (January). Looking at the GT500, Corvette GS, and anything else in that arena. The GS doesn't have a fixed-roof, though, which is a deal-killer. I listened to the T-tops in my WS6 rattle every time it got cold out. I can't imagine a Targa is any less prone to rattles and allowing body-flex. Also, from what I have heard, the 'vette is just as junky as my WS6 was regarding built quality. I used to work for Ford at a dealership, and can tell you THEY at least have improved since the early 2000's.

If I went GT500, probablt SVT package and MAYBE lower the car, slap a cat-back on it, resonance eliminator, and get rid of the top-speed limiter. I would want an honest 500whp on a dynojet. Why? Just because I do. Anything much more and the tires wouldn't work so well.

Edited by JWG223

It's much different than an LSx...

Ford calibrated the 07-09 cars so conservatively that you could run on 87 octane (recommended 91+) and not blow up the engine. We pick up 40-60RWHP when tuning them, on 91-93 octane of course. The 10+ cars have knock sensors so they are a little more agressive out of the box but there are still some tuning gains to be had.

It's much different than an LSx...

Ford calibrated the 07-09 cars so conservatively that you could run on 87 octane (recommended 91+) and not blow up the engine. We pick up 40-60RWHP when tuning them, on 91-93 octane of course. The 10+ cars have knock sensors so they are a little more agressive out of the box but there are still some tuning gains to be had.

Stock I see that most dyno 470-480whp (although one magazine or something claimed 505, if you look at that graph, the 505 came as a spike at 6200rpm that looked like a glitch or dyno-trick or something. The rest of the curve trended for about 480-485.

Is it safe to say that you can get an honest 500whp out of a stock '11 GT500 with a resonator eliminator and mufflers/catback on a conservative 91* tune? (gain of 25whp, basically)?

The 11s will make 500rwhp stock on a not too hot day.

Cool. I have only seen 480-485whp out of them so far. Have any graphs of a stock one you can post?

It is amazing how much difference tuning makes on Mustangs. I remember being disappointed the first time I drove a Roush 428R and a stock '08 GT 500. My Bamatuned '06 GT was much more responsive than both of them up to about half throttle. I had the same experience a few weeks ago test driving an '11 5.0 with 3.73's. Full throttle acceleration was great, but part throttle was pretty soft. Ford really seems to dull down the electronic throttle response.

It is amazing how much difference tuning makes on Mustangs. I remember being disappointed the first time I drove a Roush 428R and a stock '08 GT 500. My Bamatuned '06 GT was much more responsive than both of them up to about half throttle. I had the same experience a few weeks ago test driving an '11 5.0 with 3.73's. Full throttle acceleration was great, but part throttle was pretty soft. Ford really seems to dull down the electronic throttle response.

I forgot about that. Yeah, I am used to cable-operated. ET would probably piss me off without a tune.