Now that I am home from Mexico I got the front and rear bumpers off, it was easier than I thought thanks to good directions the only problem was the 2 screws behind the drivers side rear wheel were on tight as hell not sure why they used Phillips head screws instead of nuts, so I had to take off that wheel so I could get a full size screwdriver in there.

So the front bumper is getting the bottom center painted white and black stripes, the rear is have the black stripes painted through the license plate indent and the Midwest Autogear Radiator cover is having black stripes painted on

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

hmmmm what is this???

web.jpg

Should have done all this at the time I had the Stripes painted on hindsight is always 20/20

Take Care

Andrew

Ohh yeah I have to get the FRPP Shocks, Struts and Springs off ASAP I sold them tonight and am putting the Koni Yellow Sports and Vogtland Springs on this Shelby since they did not sell for right price.

web.jpg

Nice project!!!!

a couple of more shots while the bumpers are off

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

Can't wait to get the bumpers back from the painter and get this baby back together

Andrew

Oh... Just noticed you have multiple threads going on this subject (and found this one!)

I really didn't care for the idea of black stripes, but the car is looking interesting already. Looking forward to seeing your completed photos!! Thanks for the updated shots.

Good luck with the re-assembly!

Oh... Just noticed you have multiple threads going on this subject (and found this one!)

I really didn't care for the idea of black stripes, but the car is looking interesting already. Looking forward to seeing your completed photos!! Thanks for the updated shots.

Good luck with the re-assembly!

Getting the bumpers back at noon tomorrow and should be back together early next week. painting the rear end while we are swapping the suspension.

It is my combo car all the stuff I could salvage from the totaled Black one mixed with the White one.

Thanks

Andrew

New photos !

Thanks to Craig and his easy bake oven for the powder coated Moroso tanks !!!!!

web.jpg

web.jpg

Bumpers !!!!

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

Time for some POR-15 on Monday !!!!

web.jpg

More photos as it gets back together

Andrew

I like it a little more every time I see it, looks like your paint guy don't mess around and gets it done, unlike the one I'm dealing with.

I like it a little more every time I see it, looks like your paint guy don't mess around and gets it done, unlike the one I'm dealing with.

Yeah well I feel your pain paint guy # 1 had my black Shelby for 12 flippin weeks !!!!

Paint guy #2 I think is broke and I pay with cash quick, so I must be on his priority list

Take Care

Andrew

looking good Andrew. I sure hope you know where all those parts go! :hysterical: Can't wait to see it in person. Craig

Your tanks look awesome in the engine bay !

and yeah I have thought I really should have labeled all the screws and bolts I have a shelf of them that I am not so sure I know where they go ....

Hope the heat is not killing you in SC

Have a great weekend

Andrew

Some photos of this past weekend's work

a little Por-15

web.jpg

web.jpg

Which got me thinking, how about a pay it forward drive shaft program !

I have the drive shaft off of the original Black Shelby with less than 2,000 miles on it, sitting around.

Since the Por-15 came out so good looking on the rusty drive shaft from the white one, what about my send the rusty one (from the black car) to a Team Shelby member (FREE) and they Por-15 it and than install it ( no down time) and then send their rusty one on to someone else and so on and so on and so on and if it ever stops I get the last rusty one ? ? ? ? (this was Grabber's idea on a thermostat housing for the GT500)

Take Care

Andrew

Andrew, any chance the tab on the front bumper is ment for the FRPP Tow hook?

Bingo !!!!

Winner Winner Chicken Dinner

I did buy the lower (Black) Billet Grill and now wonder/hope that it will all fit, but I will find out soon enough.

Take Care

Andrew

Is this the set-up that FordFan1 was selling or did you figure something out on your own?

FordFan1's set up and really easy to do with the right drive bits !

Andrew

Some photos of this past weekend's work

a little Por-15

Which got me thinking, how about a pay it forward drive shaft program !

I have the drive shaft off of the original Black Shelby with less than 2,000 miles on it, sitting around.

Since the Por-15 came out so good looking on the rusty drive shaft from the white one, what about my send the rusty one (from the black car) to a Team Shelby member (FREE) and they Por-15 it and than install it ( no down time) and then send their rusty one on to someone else and so on and so on and so on and if it ever stops I get the last rusty one ? ? ? ? (this was Grabber's idea on a thermostat housing for the GT500)

Take Care

Andrew

Great idea! If someone else has not already spoken up, I would be happy to pay it forward in the new drive shaft program. If someone has, please put me in line.

Robert

Latest photo

web.jpg

Going to pull the power steering pump and POR-15 it as well, while we wait on Innovator West to fix/re-balance their aluminum dampner aka harmonized balancer, it was knocked out of kilter in the wreck

Take Care

Andrew

Got the rear bumper back on today ( thanks to my wife for the extra set of hands)

web.jpg

And got started on the PIAA Lights and brake bezel set up

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

Take Care

Andrew

Front end coming together, had to modify the lower billet grill to make room for the tow hook. more photos to come when I have daylight

web.jpg

Also since i HATE rust I bought an A1 Cardone re-manufactured power steering pump for $110 (no core charge) already painted has a 3 year warranty, i am going to use the OEM rusty one for a POR15 pay it forward

web.jpg

Take Care

Andrew

Front end coming together, had to modify the lower billet grill to make room for the tow hook. more photos to come when I have daylight

web.jpg

Also since i HATE rust I bought an A1 Cardone re-manufactured power steering pump for $110 (no core charge) already painted has a 3 year warranty, i am going to use the OEM rusty one for a POR15 pay it forward

web.jpg

Take Care

Andrew

Looking good. What modification to the lower grill did you have to make? Mine slipped on no problem between the bumper cover and billet grill.

Dan