I did a search and found many threads, but I couldn't get the specific information.

How does the brake system (front and rear) compare with what was offered on other Mustangs of the same year (including the Shelby GT)? Did the Super Snake have different front and rear brakes than the GT500? :headscratch:

I did a search and found many threads, but I couldn't get the specific information.

How does the brake system (front and rear) compare with what was offered on other Mustangs of the same year (including the Shelby GT)? Did the Super Snake have different front and rear brakes than the GT500? :headscratch:

The stock brakes are Brembo 4 piston fronts. The Shelby brakes are a 6 piston which are what comes on a SuperSnake.

Just to be a bit more concise; The standard '07-'10 GT500 had the same rear brake calipers as the Mustang GT but with upgraded pads. The front calipers are 4 piston Brembo calipers with Ferodo pads.

The SuperSankes come with the Shelby branded Baer Extreme Brake kits; 6 piston calipers front and back (I'm not sure who the pad supplier is?).

I am unaware of any brake upgrade from the regular Mustang GT to the Shelby GT, but I'm not as familiar with those models.

I am unaware of any brake upgrade from the regular Mustang GT to the Shelby GT, but I'm not as familiar with those models.

There isn't one. There are quite a few people putting the Brembo GT500 front brakes onto the SGT's I believe.

The SuperSankes come with the Shelby branded Baer Extreme Brake kits; 6 piston calipers front and back (I'm not sure who the pad supplier is?).

That is not entirely accurate.

The Shelby Super Snake comes with the Baer "Big Brake" 6-piston calipers and rotors in front but with the OEM calipers with the Eradispeed rotors and caliper relocator brackets on the rear.

You can *upgrade* your rear SS brakes to include the Baer Big Brake (6-piston) rear brake system, for a (extra) price (around $3500, if memory serves me).

Phill

There isn't one. There are quite a few people putting the Brembo GT500 front brakes onto the SGT's I believe.

Yep. I have a set from my '11 GT500 for sale. Only 158 miles on them. PM if interested.

That is not entirely accurate.

The Shelby Super Snake comes with the Baer "Big Brake" 6-piston calipers and rotors in front but with the OEM calipers with the Eradispeed rotors and caliper relocator brackets on the rear.

You can *upgrade* your rear SS brakes to include the Baer Big Brake (6-piston) rear brake system, for a (extra) price (around $3500, if memory serves me).

Phill

Ah! Yes, thank you Phill. I'm not "up" on all the base vs. upgrade options on the SS cars.

I have the Eradispeed rotors on my car as well. I do like them.

Thanks everyone.

Is this a correct summary as it relates to rotors and calipers (brake pads can easily be changed around)?

1) The Mustang GT and the Shelby GT have the same calipers and rotors (one piece F & R).

2) The GT500 has front Brembo 14" rotors with 4-piston calipers (355mm X 32mm). These are two-piece rotors (the hat and rotor are bolted together)? The rear calipers and rotors are standard Mustang GT (one piece).

3) The Super Snake has Baer 14" Eradispeed rotors and Baer 6-piston calipers (380mm X 32mm). These are two-piece rotors.. The standard rear is GT while the optional upgrade is the Baer Eradispeed/6-piston set-up which requires a different (relocated) bracket.

I believe the brake hoses are rubber (not braided steel)?

Here is a picture of my standard GT brakes. Can anyone post pictures of the GT500 and SS brakes? :salute: I searched but couldn't find any pictures (I did find the above measurements which, hopefully, are correct).

Front M GT:

2010GT014.jpg

Rear (M GT):

2010GTb.jpg

Thanks everyone.

Is this a correct summary as it relates to rotors and calipers (brake pads can easily be changed around)?

1) The Mustang GT and the Shelby GT have the same calipers and rotors (one piece F & R).

2) The GT500 has front Brembo 14" rotors with 4-piston calipers (355mm X 32mm). These are two-piece One Piece rotors (the hat and rotor are bolted together)? The rear calipers and rotors are standard Mustang GT (one piece).

3) The Super Snake has Baer 14" Eradispeed rotors and the Stock Mustang GT calipers on relocation brackets on the rear. The Baer 6-piston calipers are an option (380mm X 32mm). These are two-piece rotors.. The standard rear is GT while the optional upgrade is the Baer Eradispeed/6-piston set-up which requires a different (relocated) bracket.

I believe the brake hoses are rubber (not braided steel)? On the base GT500 yes; I don't know about the SS

Edited by sprint200

Have they realeased the eradiseeds for the front yet? I dont care about full kits i just wanna upgrade my rotors to all four matching drilled and slottted.

I'm pretty sure the answer is "yes".

Check the Shelby Perf. Parts site and look under brakes. I see a set of *4* rotors in one offereing but the description is a little confusing.

Phill

Check the Shelby Perf. Parts site and look under brakes. I see a set of *4* rotors in one offereing but the description is a little confusing.

Phil,

I checked the Shelby Performance Parts site before I posted this thread. "A little confusing" is an understatement.

Doc

(And ten years of education after high school)

Phil,

I checked the Shelby Performance Parts site before I posted this thread. "A little confusing" is an understatement.

LOL....I was being nice! <snerk>

Kind'a hoping Robert will step in here and give a more concise description.

Phill

Robert M.? I'll send him an email.

Robert Lane.

Phill

That is the blue oval guy?

No, Robert and his wife Sharon run this site and the Shelby Perf. Parts store!

Phill

No, Robert and his wife Sharon run this site and the Shelby Perf. Parts store!

Go figure. They have the same name.

Robert Lane started blueovalnews.com in 1998 and had a message board (the message board is still there but the early posters, like me, have moved on to other sites). Lane also had a little disagreement with Ford when he published some Ford internal documents. Here:

http://www.blueovalnews.com/lawsuit_ford/

Does the Eradispeed rotor upgrade for the stock rear add to braking performance? Or is it just for aesthetics?

It does add to the performance. How much is hard for me to say, as I added them in the midst of wholesale changes to my car.

But, theoretically, you are applying the same amount of clamping force to the rotor. However you are applying that force farther away from the center of rotation. Therefore the moment arm is larger and the braking force increases respectively.

I like this upgrade also because they are available without the drilled option (not a great thing for road racing applications).

Go figure. They have the same name.

Robert Lane started blueovalnews.com in 1998 and had a message board (the message board is still there but the early posters, like me, have moved on to other sites). Lane also had a little disagreement with Ford when he published some Ford internal documents. Here:

http://www.blueovalnews.com/lawsuit_ford/

Ummmmmmmm, actually......that might very well be the same Robert Lane!

I know he had his own forum before Shelby bought him out or hired him over to SA/SAI.

It's all documented in one of the annual Shelby Driving Experience magazines and I could look it up pretty quickly if need be....aw heck, why not.....

Yep, I just looked. Blueovalnews.com and stangsunleashed.com. Same Robert Lane! Is that a good thing or a bad thing? Robert and Sharon have been nothing but professional here in/with this forum (as far as *I* am concerned).

Small world?

Phill

Does the Eradispeed rotor upgrade for the stock rear add to braking performance? Or is it just for aesthetics?

If it decreases braking distance, my bet is that it is *minimal*.

I did not perform a "before and after" test with my car so I can not say for sure (I have the ability with a performance computer I own).

You use the same caliper and pads so the CLAMPING FORCE is the same from one to the other. But as another poster pointed out, you are moving the "lever" out for (possibly) more leverage or braking force...SLIGHTLY (what, one inch?).

I personally did it PURELY for aesthetics. I COULD NOT STAND the little tiny puny rotors that so were so glaringly obvious showing through the rear wheels. It just ain't right, I tell ya! Yeah, I know it works well enough but it looks "lopsided".

And I may put Baer Eradispeed FRONT rotors on my car just to match the rears. Again, for aesthetics. I do not track the car and if I do it will be quarter mile drags where my OEM brakes are more than sufficiant to get me stopped once ever quarter mile (and allowed to cool between sessions).

If I were to road-race the car...it'd be a whole different story. I'd have at the *minimum* a complete set of Baer 6P Big brakes front and rear (actually, probably a different brand but the same type brakes). The one thing Motor Trend beat the car up when it tested it at Laguna Seca was the brakes. Just not up to snuff for a "TRACK CAR" (says they).

HTH,

Phill

But, theoretically, you are applying the same amount of clamping force to the rotor. However you are applying that force farther away from the center of rotation. Therefore the moment arm is larger and the braking force increases respectively.

I like this upgrade also because they are available without the drilled option (not a great thing for road racing applications).

The more pad area the better (the Baer has more pad area than the Brembo). The more pistons are better (heat does evil things to brakes). A six-piston, in theory, has better control on the brake pads.

I'd certainly agree that drilled rotors do not work well in road racing applications. The massive heat can cause cracks from the drilled holes. If those large (vs. the small "spider" cracks which are normal) spread (and they will), you could find yourself upside down and on fire on a road race course.

One secret of brake performance is a good set of cooling ducts.

Same Robert Lane! Is that a good thing or a bad thing?

That is a good thing. Lane was a pioneer on Ford message boards. He offered real tech when no one else did.

But he didn't properly back-up the message board with another server. The main server crashed, and the site lost years of good tech. Most of us moved to the other Mustang sites that came later.

If it decreases braking distance, my bet is that it is *minimal*.

On a street car? Yes. But "minimal" on a race car is the difference between finishing on the podium and mid-pack. :shift:

Yep. I have a set from my '11 GT500 for sale. Only 158 miles on them. PM if interested.

Henry

Justed jumped into the Team Shelby World. Im looking for a Brembo upgrade for my stock '11 GT. Are your brakes and rotors still for sale? $$?

Todd - Ottawa, Canada

Henry - Just saw th date of the post - Sorry for bothering you, I assume they're gone.

Todd

Have they realeased the eradiseeds for the front yet? I dont care about full kits i just wanna upgrade my rotors to all four matching drilled and slottted.

YES I got the first set of front rotors they sold about a year ago 428cj

If you were paying attention you could have gotten the Baer Extremes for half price plus a 15 % discount recently. Less than $1500 delivered. I already had a set of 18 " SVT wheels for my GT/SC so what the heck! The stock GT and even upgraded Shelby GT/SC brakes are not up to the task, sorry.