tesgt350

Bret Farve to Retire AGAIN.........

Farve seems to be the kind of person who loves the game and everything about it. His loyalty to the sport shouldn't be in question. His "crime" might be that he stayed around too long and couldn't face the reality that he always felt youthful, despite his age. I suppose he couldn't come to grips with mid-life?

I don't know how his personal actions can be judged so easily when the U.S. is both ethically and morally bankrupt.

Farve seems to be the kind of person who loves the game and everything about it. His loyalty to the sport shouldn't be in question. His "crime" might be that he stayed around too long and couldn't face the reality that he always felt youthful, despite his age. I suppose he couldn't come to grips with mid-life?

I don't know how his personal actions can be judged so easily when the U.S. is both ethically and morally bankrupt.

Robert, believe me when I say...we judge them too! We just are unfortunately not allowed to do so on this forum, so you will never hear it.

BIKEBOY

I believe he has read it before and knows very well why it had to be stopped.........

Yes the "Flaming Political Threads"..........

Good times here at Team Shelby???????? :hysterical:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/Head-injury-limits-Favre-s-return-to-less-than-a?urn=nfl-298569

The KING of Drawma Queens. He gets tackled and bumps his helmet on the ground and THAT puts him out of the Game. I thought the Helmets had some padding inside.

I think they are GUNNING for Bret because they too are tired of all his Drama crap so now He is a Target.................... :hysterical:

Robert, as you well know, the people in the Mid-West are a bit behind the times. We still believe in loyalty. And while in general, I cant disagree with your last statement, I think it could be insulting to those of us who TRY to live within the rules. Favre could have stayed in the game in many ways. He wanted to pay back Ted Thompson for thier fued and, fans be damned. And that included Jets fans. He's where he wanted to be all the time and, so far, it hasnt really worked out for him and I for one, am glad it didnt.

Looks like Midwest "Sour Grapes" to me........

Remember that without Brett Favre the Packers

would still be Losers since the / 1960s.......... :hysterical:

Edited by DDT

Looks like Midwest "Sour Grapes" to me........

Remember that without Brett Favre the Packers

would still be Losers since the 1950s / 1960s.......... :hysterical:

Then "looks" are deceiving... :talkhand:

BTW, REMEMBER that without the Packers, Brett Favre would still be a loser 3rd string QB for the Atlanta Falcons.......... :hysterical: :happy feet: :dance:

Sidenote: For all you jaded Packers fans (like me), I saw this the other day on Wikipedia and got at least a momentary smile from it.... many records withstanding... this could have been the omen to one of his less desirable records... 300+ interceptions...

"Atlanta coach Jerry Glanville did not approve of the drafting of Favre, saying it would take a plane crash for him to put Favre into the game. Favre's first pass in an NFL regular season game resulted in an interception returned for a touchdown. He only attempted four passes in his career at Atlanta, was intercepted twice, and completed none of them. Brett took one other snap, which resulted in a sack for an eleven yard loss."

Were it not for the vision of the Packers leadership, this guy may have never gotten his chance with initial performances like that! Yet another point in the Brett Favre owes Green Bay JUST AS MUCH as Green Bay owes Brett Favre "conversation".

That said, I hope the old man can muster up one more game, or at least one more play so he can take a shot at his first AND last passes being interceptions! :hysterical:

Look at all the sound bytes over the past 5 years about this guy retiring ( haha )If he were a smart guy,he would take some of his millions and buy a few Shelby's before he cant get out of the chair let alone push in the clutch!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :fool:

Then "looks" are deceiving... :talkhand:

BTW, REMEMBER that without the Packers, Brett Favre would still be a loser 3rd string QB for the Atlanta Falcons.......... :hysterical: :happy feet: :dance:

You are in denial of Favre's Greatness with the Packers......

You can have the best offensive players in the league,

and without a Great Quarterback to deliver the ball then

Your Team still Loses..................

Okay then Mr "Sour Grapes"???????? :hysterical:

Edited by DDT

You are in denial of Favre's Greatness with the Packers......

You can have the best offensive players in the league,

and without a Great Quarterback to deliver the ball then

Your Team still Loses..................

No denial here... I'll be the first to point out the stellar nature of his PRE-RETIREMENT CAREER! It's AFTER his first of many retirements that he soiled his own legacy and pissed all over numerous fan bases. Many records DO make him a ONCE great player... but anyone that thinks his past 3 years were "well-advised" and not 99-100% damaging to his legacy is kidding themselves. Are his records what the world is talking about now? Nope... Are they talking about yet another ill-advised return at the last second when he was likely not prepared and just wanted to steal the spotlight again... only to be pummeled in the process? Yup. And never mind that we haven't heard what the punishment for his "philandering" will be.

Oh and without an adminstration who traded for a seemingly catastrophic BUST from Atlanta... we wouldn't be having this conversation. It goes both ways... which is my point... was he great for Green Bay? Yes. Did Green bay put faith in him when likely no one else would have? Yes. 2 sides to that coins and it ends with him shitting all over the team and fans that supported him for his entire career.

Bottomline here is there are 2 Brett Favre's...

1. Pre-2007 - a career and legacy started by Green Bay picking up what seemed to be one of the worst busts in recent times, which then blossomed into a stellar career of records and seeming appreciate for the fan base and team that supported him all the way through the process.

2. Post-2007 - a bitter man that apparently realized too late that his waffling with the Green Bay administration bit him in the ass. A team that had been grooming his replacement for several years, never asking him to hand it up and when he aid he was done and INSISTED he was done... they moved to that new recruit as planned. Anyone that denies he's been a completely different person and player since then is flat out lying to you. He has been a completely different individual since he left Green Bay.

That said, I absolutely respect and remember dearly that 1st of those 2... and I'd use my one football wish to forget the other.

"Sour Grapes"?, sure. Anyone that values loyalty or integrity would agree.

Your long winded posts score no points with me........

"It's Simple"..........

There are "TWO" Great Packer Quarterbacks in History that the unbiased majority agrees on..........

Brett Favre and Bart Starr...........

Nothing has changed this Fact..........

"It's Simple"..........

There are "TWO" Great Packer Quarterbacks in History that the unbiased majority agrees on..........

Typical west coast sour grapes. Some of us expect them to be heros on and off the field, like Bart Starr. Winning a football game does not make someone to look up too. When the Packers were not going to take Andre Rison to the whitehouse after winning the superbowl (his wa in the process of being traded) Packer fans howled at the organization until they changed thier mind. That my friend is loyalty. When Regie White's church was burned to the ground, it was Packer fans that donated enough money to rebuild the church. Thats loyalty. And, had it not been for White, no one would have wanted to come to Green Bay, period!

Signed a Packer fan and part owner

"It's Simple"..........

I agree "with" you there... you seem "to" be missing that point. But frankly, "I" couldn't give a crap less "about" scoring points with you... you mean nothing to me. Not good or bad... just nothing. Blank.

How's this for "SIMPLE"...

Great QB up until 2007 (and throw in 2009, even though he gave away the season on an all too familiar INT)? Yes.

Man who sucks at life after 2007 because he was forced to live with a decision that HE made? Absolutely.

Edited by 07SGT5687

Typical west coast sour grapes. Some of us expect them to be heros on and off the field, like Bart Starr. Winning a football game does not make someone to look up too. When the Packers were not going to take Andre Rison to the whitehouse after winning the superbowl (his wa in the process of being traded) Packer fans howled at the organization until they changed thier mind. That my friend is loyalty. When Regie White's church was burned to the ground, it was Packer fans that donated enough money to rebuild the church. Thats loyalty. And, had it not been for White, no one would have wanted to come to Green Bay, period!

Signed a Packer fan and part owner

Well Tim, as part owner it's a good thing you did not

Fire Brett before he won the Superbowl???????? :hysterical:

I do understand the point this topic is trying

to make but it is coming from a biased group.......

History will judge Favre fairly as other sports

Superstars that have stumbled in their personal

lives........

Babe Ruth had a less than Steller Reputation off the

field and probably should have retired sooner.........

Definitely did not tarnish his Legacy one bit..........

Well Tim, as part owner it's a good thing you did not

Fire Brett before he won the Superbowl???????? :hysterical:

No one would deny what he did for the Packers. But, unless you know the history, you dont know the whole story. Not that I would expect you would care one way or another. But, just as no one can win without a quality quarterback, no one can win without the team behind that quaterback. Look at all the great ones without that ring.

Am sure everyone in the know agrees that for the

Offense on the field, Quarterback is the "General" "Organizer" "Motivator" "Orchestrator" and more

simply sets the tone for gaining and loosing yardage........

Nuff Said.................... :salute:

Am sure everyone in the know agrees that for the

Offense on the field, Quarterback is the "General" "Organizer" "Motivator" "Orchestrator" and more

simply sets the tone for gaining and loosing yardage........

Nuff Said.................... :salute:

Tarkington has to be rated as one of the best. And, he was a leader. Still, no ring

Nuff Said

Tarkington has to be rated as one of the best. And, he was a leader. Still, no ring

Nuff Said

Well you are correct that sometimes Championships pass by Great Players due to the

lack of supporting talent.................

However the same Championships Demand Great Players to achieve................

"Nuff Said" ???????????? :hysterical:

WOW you seem to be giving the Quarterback all the credit for Winning Games. The way I see, it takes a whole TEAM doing what they are PAID to do, to the best of their abilities to win a Game. The Center makes sure the Quartback gets the Ball correctly and does some Blocking, the Blockers keep the other Team away from the Quarterback and the person with the Ball. The Quarterback decides which Play will get the Ball down the Field and by who, ETC........... The Quarterback is just ONE of the Players, he's not a Saint or a God, He, just like any other Player on the Field, can Loose the Game BUT, it takes a TEAM to WIN the Game. Bret can NOT Win the Game by himself, BUT He sure can LOOSE the Game by Himself, funny how that works Huh?

It is obviously true that the Quarterback needs a talented

supporting cast to be successful, but he is the most important position in the offense. Just like the Pitcher

on the mound in Baseball...........

It is obviously true that the Quarterback needs a talented

supporting cast to be successful, but he is the most important position in the offense. Just like the Pitcher

on the mound in Baseball...........

True, BUT, Bret has not lived up to that roll for quite some time.....................

He was only one big mistake away from playing

In the Superbowl just last year..........

I say that is admirable definitely considering his age........

Edited by DDT

He was only one whatsbig mistake away from playing

In the Superbowl just last year..........

I say that is admirable definitely considering his age........

throwing away a trip to the superbowl in the NFC Championship game 2 out of 3 years is hardly admirable! :hysterical:

again Brett, please go away before there is nothing left of your legacy but jokes! :salute:

His Legacy will be the records he set in the

Hall of Fame and I will laugh my A$$ off if he

decides to be inducted as a Viking due to a

Great Percentage of "Butt Hurt Packer Fans"......... :hysterical:

I never thought that far ahead about the HOF.........but you are right......that would be bad! :hysterical:

He sure will be in the HOF and I HOPE TO GOD it IS as a Viking... because I wouldn't want him to enter as Packer. I wonder how long if ever it will take for them to add him to the ring of honor at Lambeau too... better wait a generation until all those that witnessed his treason are dead!

And "Butt Hurt Packer Fans"? What the hell does that even mean? :talkhand::headscratch:

Bottomline guys, "someone" here just doesn't posses the capacity to understand virtues like loyalty, respect and integrity, ALL of which Brett Favre decided to forgo in the past 3 years. Forget the argument about QB or no QB on a team... the most important statement is without FANS... there is no FOOTBALL. Crap on your career-long fans and you can expect nothing less than the feelings and opinions you've seen expressed here.

Any Denver Bronco fans here? How would you all have felt if Elway when to the Raiders in his last 2 seasons? Just curious?

I think your "CHEESE HEAD" is on "CROOKED"?????? :hysterical:

"NUFF SAID"???????? :happy feet:

Edited by DDT