Guys, I went for my 1st inspection since I bought my 2008 gt500 and failed.the report shows cataylist not ready,o2 sensor not ready,and o2 sensor htr not ready.I have installed a jlt cold air and tune months ago and she has never shown any codes.Does this mean I will have to put the oem air and old tune back in to pass?thanks in advance.

How warm was the car when they tested it??? How long has it been since the batt was disconnected???

If the car was not at operating temp that could cause this problem. If the batt was disconnected no to long ago there might not be enough miles to set the ecu. It could also be something set up wrong in the tune like the o2 sensors turned off. Hope that helps. Good luck.

Its your tune. Get with whom ever you bought the tune from and have it corrected. The O2 sensors and perhaps other OBD items are turned off. You will need to flash a corrected tune and then accumulte about 50 miles with it to clear the codes and ready for online emissions inspection.

If the vendor cannot correct for you, get with Justin at VMP and he can supply you a correct tune that is properly configured for your car.

just need to make sure no emissions stuff or tests are turned off int he tune, and then it will pass with flying colors

how do you do that?

how do you do that?

You either have to talk to the supplier/developer of your tune and tell them what you need or return your stock airbox and reload the stock tune.

Drive it to the inspection station, put the stock tune back on it when you get there. Run it through inspection, pass, get done and pull away. Go around the block and put the aftermarket tune back on..... It's that simple. Nothing will happen to the car wjust idling or driving at low RPM levels with the stock tune. Hell, I drove my 03 Cobra 30 or 40 miles to my tuners shop on the stock tune with a Whipple on it.... Just take it easy and don't lay into it with the factory tune and you'll be fine.

The Stage 2 tune will pass inspection here in Texas. I did it on 2 2008 GT500's for 2 years. About to do my Vert for a 3rd year. If he is getting O2 sensor messages, 1 of 3 things is happening

1. O2 Sensors are turned off. This will set off the alarm system depending on where he is. Houston will allow "1" item to be turned off and still pass the car. He may have something else turned off.

2. O2 Sensors are bad.

3. Cats are fried, gutted or taken off.

I just ran into this exact problem with my Terlingua and talked to my tuner yesterday about it.

I think they didn't let it warm up as it had an SCT tune in it and SCT doesn't turn rear O2's off.

Now that the JLT custom tune is in it with nothing touched on the O2's it should be fine.

The Stage 2 tune will pass inspection here in Texas. I did it on 2 2008 GT500's for 2 years. About to do my Vert for a 3rd year. If he is getting O2 sensor messages, 1 of 3 things is happening

1. O2 Sensors are turned off. This will set off the alarm system depending on where he is. Houston will allow "1" item to be turned off and still pass the car. He may have something else turned off.

2. O2 Sensors are bad.

3. Cats are fried, gutted or taken off.

I just ran into this exact problem with my Terlingua and talked to my tuner yesterday about it.

+1. The Stage 2 set-up and tune will pass in Texas if done properly. I have passed two inspections since my work.