Here is a summary of threads from the last two years on production numbers. I have lost interest but still would enjoy any news. I love my 40th and five years later think it's the best Shelby model produced. There is more info on the "Who Has What" TOPIC and theTeam 40th forum than has been released from SA. It seems to me that John is right on; ' they won't tell.' I have numbers on the 427 package (202 cars) which ended at the same time as the 40th. :)

Don

Posted 25 May 2010 - 09:47 PM

Ok gang, here goes. And naturally it will not satisfy everyone but it is what it is.

Many issues in getting this rolled up. None that would likely interest you. But the short story, I have 5 file cabinets jambed full of files for all the Super Snakes, 40th. Terlingua, KR and since August last year all mod shop modified cars.

None have been entered into the registry with the updates or a spread sheet entry. Just no help to get that task accomplished. We do have interns during the summer. Last year they were only available 1 week of the entire summer. While all of the Hertz information was entered it did not make a dent.

We have also worked on entering the, prior to August 09, Mod Shop files and they are entered and updated. We are working with another potential intern for the summer and looking to have them for a month. I will bet, and I am not a betting man, that with above average data entry skills they may get through 1 file cabinet.

So there you have it, they are not all built, no final numbers to pass along and yes we are working on entering the data. It is not as easy as some make this out to be.

Roger

Posted 16 October 2010 - 09:39 PM

Stuart

The 40th is currently still available until 12/31/2010. Now that doesn't mean that on 01/01/2011 I'll be able to push a magic button and have a report to post on TS. Also keep in mind that January's are usually pretty busy at Shelby American with the Vegas Bash and then the Scottsdale event.

So after the 40th program closes the next step will probably be to see what 40th cars are still in a uncompleted build stage. That means contacting all the mod shops along with a review of Vegas orders. Then once all 40th cars have been shown to be delivered the next step is to have each mod shop verify their builds. From there every single car will need to be reviewed and entered, if not already, into the registry database. This review will also remove any non 40th cars that some GT500 owners erroneously registered as a 40th model.

After all that is done then some number crunching can begin with the results being entered into a easily retrievable spreadsheet. From there this spreadsheet will head to the Registry Director for sign off.

Let me add that a registry is only as accurate as the info entered and/or distributed. For us to just toss out some preliminary numbers at any point before they were reviewed and confirmed would be reckless. I'm not sure if people realize the amount of confusion it would create if I were to say that there were xyz amount of red 40th's built as of the Summer of 2010. Guarantee to you it would come back to haunt us. There would always be people who would then say that they heard or that they read there was only xyz red 40th's built. They will quickly forget the disclaimer where I wrote that as of the Summer or that I said these were estimated numbers, but argue til the end that what they read/heard is cast in stone. Then you add in the owners who would immediately have a car show sign board made up with these preliminary numbers, who of course would also leave out the disclaimer, to be seen by other car enthusiasts for years to come. Trying to un-ring that bell is impossible.

Again just trying to point out that when it comes to the registry things aren't as simple as they seem.

Steve

Posted 05 January 2011 - 05:26 PM

Just an FYI folks, there are several deposits on 40th. Anniversarys. They are build in the order they are recieved at Shelby American. Customers have 90 days to deliver their vehicle for conversion. We will not know the "last built" or the final tally until the end of April. No orders have been taken and the program is officially closed as of December 31, 2010. Only vehicles with deposits and arriving prior to March 31, 2011 will be built and that is it.

Steve has been entering and collecting information for quite some time.

Roger

Posted 08 November 2010 - 03:20 PM

I can vouch for Stuart, since I can access the same things he can, and there are no compilations that have been given to us for the 40th build. That said, my guess would be that it will be pretty easy to get those numbers when the build dates close, otherwise they wouldnt know if a CSM was already taken, and we would have a possibility of a duplicate CSM. Wouldnt that be crazy?

2008 GT500 Convertible Red Stripe Appearance Package#14 of 131 **SOLD**

2011 GT350 45th Anniversary

Pre-Production 2011 Mustang GT 400A interior, HID, Security packages

CSM 113500019

624 HP "R Tune"

Painted Stripes

Hood Logo

Museum Delivery

First GT350 R Tune built and delivered!!!

TEAM SHELBY SOUTHERN PLAINS REGIONAL DIRECTOR

For Information on regional events and clubs in Arkansas, Louisiana, Oklahoma and Texas, email me at

warrenfaris@yahoo.com or PM me

Posted 30 April 2011 - 09:52 PM

snapback.pngtlitz, on 30 April 2011 - 11:31 AM, said:

Not surprising that tomorrow is the 1 of May and no communication about our count!

Todd

They know exactly how many.......they just ain't telling :confused:

Grabber Orange Vert GT 500 born 02/23/07

#1769 of 2695 Verts Built

#120 0f 160 Grabber Orange Built

Shipped directly from Ford to Shelby in Vegas

40th Anniversary Package #07XL0064

#1 of 15 Signed by Carroll Shelby @ 40th Anniv. Party

2011 Black SVTPP Vert with Red/Ingot Stripes & Electronics Package

Just a Daily Driver

Posted 02 May 2011 - 01:07 AM

Gladly take a vacation. After the last 40th. is completeted and we have a special party for 1. Been over a year since I had one.

This will be the only 40th with this level of documention and fanfare.

There are reasons for tight lipped communication that we choose not to share that would casue a forced vacation. Hope you all understand.

And as we have stated countless times, we will not release any information until after this car is built. On another note, we still do not have complete information from the mod centers causing further delays.

We will keep everyone posted on the progress of this very special milestone vehicle.

Stay tuned. Wisky, tango, foxtroto out !

"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits." -- Albert Einstein

2012 Kona Blue Boss 302

snapback.pngcobrafan, on 03 June 2010 - 10:54 PM, said:

Ding, Ding. Correct-0-mundo as the Fonze would say. The number was originally 1,000 and after SS was announced it was reduced to 500. Those in the know, know.

Don,

Your absolutely correct!! The original announcements and brochures for the 40th Anniversary Package stated the the production run would be 1000 units. I have the original adds that stated 1000.

As far as the registry issues are concerned, I don't think anyone will see anything for a long long time (if ever). The Shelby institution spent too much money and resources to get control of all registries for some reason that is yet unknown to us, the general public. I have my opinions why, and we will just have to wait and see -- BUT -- don't hold your breath waiting cause you'll turn blue real quick. :headscratch:

Grabber Orange Vert GT 500 born 02/23/07

#1769 of 2695 Verts Built

#120 0f 160 Grabber Orange Built

Shipped directly from Ford to Shelby in Vegas

40th Anniversary Package #07XL0064

#1 of 15 Signed by Carroll Shelby @ 40th Anniv. Party

2011 Black SVTPP Vert with Red/Ingot Stripes & Electronics Package

Just a Daily Driv

snapback.pnggt67, on 22 July 2011 - 08:32 AM, said:

Thanks, Ford did a great job with this car. Believe it or not....................I still have the last 40th. here. They have not picked up the car. When it goes we will have the numbers and publish in the 40th. forum.

On the upgrades to a Boss..........................would we do something like that ;)

Stay tuned :)

Roger

"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits." -- Albert Einstein

2012 Kona Blue Boss 302

Thanks Don!

I am starting to believe John is right!

I am baffled by this!

As a buisness man,I still do not understand why we do not have the count!

Todd

Posted 30 April 2011 - 09:52 PM

tlitz, on 30 April 2011 - 11:31 AM, said:

Not surprising that tomorrow is the 1 of May and no communication about our count!

Todd

====================================

I'm as frustrated as everyone, but let's be realistic here.... the data about the number of 40ths built is not "our" count.

That said, if SAI states they're going to provide us the data by a certain date, and then either fails to do so (for whatever reason) and/or fails to provide an update explaining the delay... well that is certainly disappointing and bad practice on the part of a professional business entity. In my opinion.

Not defending SAI here, but they have provided some updates to our repeated requests, the most recent of which is... nothing happens until AFTER the last 40th has been delivered.

Having been in the customer service arena myself, I never once bought into the adage "The customer is always right", but I have always felt "The customer has the right to be served with the best interaction/information/response that ultimately helps resolve their concern."

SAI's latest response just means the Jeopardy theme music plays on for a bit more.

Keith

I'm curios as to what was the highest CSM number issued was. I realize 312 packages were sold and built now, but what was the highest CSM number issued? :headscratch: The numbers were not issued consecutively and you could request a particular number when you ordered the package. Just curios???:wacko:

I'm curios as to what was the highest CSM number issued was. I realize 312 packages were sold and built now, but what was the highest CSM number issued? :headscratch: The numbers were not issued consecutively and you could request a particular number when you ordered the package. Just curios???:wacko:

I picked and received CSM 400

The highest 40th Anniversary CSM number issued was 07XL0500

Steve

Flynn,

Congrats on the 40th!

I too was a new owner of a 40th a few years ago. Do yourself a favor and go to the 40th section within the forum. It will take a few hours to read all the threads, but there is some valuable information there. I really enjoyed the older threads when everyone was chatting about when they ordered their 40th and anticipating the delivery.

There are a lot of great people on this forum, don't hesitate asking questions.

• Like 1

Thank you. Anyone know how Ford can reorder rear brake duct kit?

The rear kit on the 40ths left a lot to be desired. I took mine off when I upgraded to the Griggs Racing stuff. I've tracked it many times and have never experienced brake fade because of it.

I pulled mine off when I de rusted the rear housing. Not sure how good it does at calling, but it sure does a great job of picking up small rocks. I admit, I put them back on. It didn't seem right to pull them since I'm still running Eibach suspension.

Not sure how many 40ths are out there with cooling ducts and Eibach suspension?

I don't have the rear brake ducts on mine, I am still running eibach but have changed my rear springs.

I don't have the rear brake ducts on mine, I am still running eibach but have changed my rear springs.

Was it a dramatic change with the changing of the rear springs? Not going to lie, mine is crazy noisy. Thought maybe fresh clean and grease would help, nope.

I took off the springs Shelby put on after 150+ miles. They were miserable. Had HR springs till just recently when I started bottoming out. They were great. Just put on Eibach pro kit with the perch extender. About 1/2 inch lower than stock now. I like the rake, so no problem. Haven't driven it enough yet to tell if it is gonna be a good ride :-)

+1.