• Announcements

• Staff

ABOUT TEAM SHELBY   01/01/2007

Member Benefits:   First, there's the Team Shelby swag. No other club packs your membership kit with more than Team Shelby! Whether you are a renewing member or new to the “family” of Shelby enthusiast worldwide, our goal is to help you enjoy a high-octane lifestyle!   From a Unique Membership Card, Shelby Annual Magazine, Team Shelby Hat, Collector Coin, Team Shelby T-Shirt, Windshield Cling, Team Shelby License Plate Frame, Lapel Pin and Magnet, the contents of your Team Shelby Membership Kit more than pay for your membership alone!   In addition, your membership includes:   Exclusive Access to Team Shelby Member Forums.   10% discounts at Carroll Shelby's Stores in Las Vegas and Los Angeles.   Driving Experiences.   Invitations to Exclusive Team Shelby Member Events.   Insider information from Shelby American.   Affiliate Partner Discounts.   Updated February 16, 2017. Team Shelby Club 2018 Team Shelby Membership Kit Please note that membership contents are subject to change.   Team Shelby was designed and engineered by real enthusiasts inside and out of Shelby.   Team Shelby was originally formed in 2008 by Carroll Shelby. He wanted to create a club for people to truly enjoy their cars. He knew the world had changed, and he wanted his companies to meet the needs of the new generation of Shelby owners. His vision was to knit together those people with the owners of early Shelby's and give everyone fun new ways to experience their high performance vehicles.   Mr. Shelby imagined a place where owners could talk about their latest conquests at the track, swap stories, share photos and learn new ways to hot rod their cars! He wanted to link all of the enthusiasts into one "dream garage"... thus, Team Shelby was born!   Team Shelby has many free, open access forums, news sections and member only areas dedicated to the community.   In addition, Team Shelby has a full series of events for 2018, which include VIP Experiences, track days, National & Regional gatherings, cruises, car shows and more! Ownership of a Shelby is not required to be a member. The club is dedicated to serving all Shelby enthusiasts past and present including those that own cars built in the 1960's and Shelby Dodges too! Carroll Shelby (Team Shelby Member #001) said: "We built Team Shelby for anyone who is passionate about Shelby cars! We’ll have a blast and we'll do it the Shelby way!   Yearly Membership Rates   U.S. $49.99 | Canada & Mexico $59.99 | E.U., others $65.99   Join the Team Shelby Club   click here to choose a Team Shelby Club subscription package.   Membership Kit Arrival   Your Team Shelby Club membership kit and I.D.card will generally arrive within 6-8 weeks.   Need Help?   Email Brianna:  e-mail her here.
    • ForumAdmin

Having Problems Logging In To Team Shelby ?   02/12/2018

If you are having a problem logging in to Team Shelby since the software change made last December/January please send an email to bfawn@shelby.com  Please include your real name and Team Shelby user id in this email so that we may look into what the problem might be. Thank you.
BIKEBOY

What Does Your Spouse Think of our Hobby?

I'm very fortunate, my wife and I support each others passions. Mine is cars, she loves quilts. The "rule" for me is that she is OK with most anything I buy as long as she gets to drive them. In turn I don't question her fabric purchases and go to quilt shows with her. I know different quilting patterns, styles and techniques as well as fabric types and qualities. She loves nothing more than to have me show off my quilt knowledge to the other guild members, makes them all jealous...."oh, I wish MY husband was like him". I've actually got a real appreciation for the amount of time and skill it takes to create a quilt....Conversly, Jean loves to show the cars and does her best Vanna White presentation when we have one of them on display. She loves knowing about the history and rarity of the car and makes sure she has the 'correct" story to tell. After our Sebring HPDE adventure a few weeks ago, she is ready to go racing...

Finally, we believe that couples that play together, stay together....it's worked for us

Erik- will she ride with you at all...to dinner or any simple runaround? My wife hated riding in my 500! She said , "it wasn't cool" :headscratch:

Rarely, if ever. She doesn't like the attention or the ricers trying to race us every time we go out. I offer her the keys all of the time but she has never once driven my SGT in 3 1/2 years. :shrug:

Edited by ejrail

My wife loves the Raptor (Black 2011) but hates the GT500. As the saying goes "what she does not know does not hurt me" :happy feet: !!!!!

Now when she finds out :finger: I am in the you know what house for a while!! :redcard:

Rarely, if ever. She doesn't like the attention or the ricers trying to race us every time we go out. I offer her the keys all of the time but she has never once driven my SGT in 3 1/2 years. :shrug:

That's a shame man.

My wife loves cars, the hobby, the chase/hunt for a new one and especially Corvettes. We've had many Vettes, all of her pushing frankly. You know the old addage, that you're raised one of the Small 3...Ford, GM. or Chrysler...if your a guy, that is? Well, feel my pain, all I'm hearing about right now, is Corvette, Corvette, Corvette!! Even though I have always had an affinity for the C5 Z06 in Yellow. ;):shrug::finger:

EDIT- Oh, and I was raised a Ford guy...through and through.

Edited by BIKEBOY

Corvettes are a dime a dozen out on the road. Shelbys are a pretty rare sight :superhero:

I am very lucky...I have full support and then some in my house...so I bought my wife the car of her dreams for Valentines day and I get to drive it sometimes. There is much encouragement towards cars around my house...better than coke and hookers as a hobby...;@)

edit: iphone spelling problems...

LMAO this is about the same sentiment I get outta my wife.. She just mentioned today that she was grateful to have a husband that didn't spend his time on the computer sending photos of his junk to random girls, like Rep. Anthony Weiner! :lol:

Seriously though, my wife is all for my car obsession. She was never into cars growing up, but quickly adapted after meeting me. She embraced the hobby whole heartedly from events, track days, and everyday cruising around. The only thing I get to myself anymore is the wrenching time. :)

A few years ago my wife asked me if she could quit her job and stay home, after crunching the numbers I told her she could. Since then she's never said a word about how much I spend on the Shelby, not that she complained all that much anyway. She will ride with me, but has no desire to drive car...... can't say that I am all that upset about that. She has her own interests, some of which I also enjoy, like making stained and leaded glass. As far as "hiding" anything, I really don't have to worry about that. We usually mention purchases to each other before making them if it's more than like $100, seems to work for us.

LMAO this is about the same sentiment I get outta my wife.. She just mentioned today that she was grateful to have a husband that didn't spend his time on the computer sending photos of his junk to random girls, like Rep. Anthony Weiner! :lol:

Seriously though, my wife is all for my car obsession. She was never into cars growing up, but quickly adapted after meeting me. She embraced the hobby whole heartedly from events, track days, and everyday cruising around. The only thing I get to myself anymore is the wrenching time. :)

I'll testify to this: Watching your wife and daughter smile every time you drove by on the track at the Bash, it's clear they like to see their man happy... LOL.

My wife feels the same way: I could have WORSE habits.

But she DOES occasionally get sick of me talking about pulley sizes, fuel rails, etc. And she REALLY hates when I'm having anxiety attacks because my car's been "in the shop" longer than expected, for warranty stripes, Whipple install, etc... I do all my own work, except for twice when it was necessary to go elsewhere for service, and I'm miserable... All my friends hate me then. They even created a Facebook page called "Save Jer's Shelby" to support / mock my pain when the car is away.

Jer

Mine is "all in". She is becoming as addicted as I am to Mustangs. I am so fortunate. The only issue right now is she cannot drive a manual. I am teaching her and it's going well, however, the Shelby GT cringes every time we go to the big parking lot to drive. But the other day she shifted from 1st to 2nd, to 3rd and back down again with good braking. So, progress!

She also has encouraged me to send the GT for conversion to GT/SC. Again, I am so lucky! But, big outlay of $$.

I showed her Jer's setup and she got cross-eyed reading everything in his signature line!

Mine is "all in". She is becoming as addicted as I am to Mustangs. I am so fortunate. The only issue right now is she cannot drive a manual. I am teaching her and it's going well, however, the Shelby GT cringes every time we go to the big parking lot to drive. But the other day she shifted from 1st to 2nd, to 3rd and back down again with good braking. So, progress!

She also has encouraged me to send the GT for conversion to GT/SC. Again, I am so lucky! But, big outlay of $.

I showed her Jer's setup and she got cross-eyed reading everything in his signature line!

LOL... It's a disease we pass on to each other!

Jer

my wife thinks i am nuts but is pretty cool with it and i guess tolerates the "shelby thing" as she call it. Wish i could get her more involved, any suggestions?

double post, see below.

Edited by Jer

my wife thinks i am nuts but is pretty cool with it and i guess tolerates the "shelby thing" as she call it. Wish i could get her more involved, any suggestions?

Has she been to a Bash?

Bring her, we'll help ya get her "converted"!

My wife is a gearhead, but STILL didn't "get" it until she went on the "Parade Lap" with me as a passenger around the track. She ACTUALLY said, "I can see why you spent the $ on brakes and stuff, this feels tight".....

I nearly DIED.

Jer

Car Shows.

Introduce her to others who love Mustangs/cars.

Try to find a couple who both love Mustangs and socialize with them.

What kind of cars does she like?

Whatever her hobbies are, get involved in those with her.

Car Shows.

Introduce her to others who love Mustangs/cars.

Try to find a couple who both love Mustangs and socialize with them.

What kind of cars does she like?

Whatever her hobbies are, get involved in those with her.

What is a good car to learn how to drive stick on?

My girl wants to learn how to drive stick so she can take my car for a spin.

:shift:

It's probably $$ well spent to go rent a vehicle with a manual transmission --- maybe even a Mustang and give that a whirl. I can tell you this ------- learning on a 2007 Shelby GT or a 2012 Shelby GT500 is NOT the way to do it!

If you go the Shelby route, find a huge parking lot on a nice cool morning(if possible these days!) and have her try it without giving it gas. That is, have her get used to the feeling of letting out the clutch without gas so she can see how the vehicle reacts.

Then, just take it one step at a time.

I know I will be going the "rental" route soon. It will be after it cools down here in Texas ---- it's just too blasted hot!

It's probably $ well spent to go rent a vehicle with a manual transmission --- maybe even a Mustang and give that a whirl. I can tell you this ------- learning on a 2007 Shelby GT or a 2012 Shelby GT500 is NOT the way to do it!

If you go the Shelby route, find a huge parking lot on a nice cool morning(if possible these days!) and have her try it without giving it gas. That is, have her get used to the feeling of letting out the clutch without gas so she can see how the vehicle reacts.

Then, just take it one step at a time.

I know I will be going the "rental" route soon. It will be after it cools down here in Texas ---- it's just too blasted hot!

All great advice, there.

Jer

Ford Ranger

Ford Ranger

Honestly, renting a Ford Ranger was my first thought.

Renting a mustang is also a good idea.

Thanks for your thoughts.

Good luck to the clutches in our future. :peelout:

Thinking about this, how many rental car joints rent MANUAL transmissions? Hmmm...

Jer

Thinking about this, how many rental car joints rent MANUAL transmissions? Hmmm...

Jer

I am going to look into that. I think they all should. Buying a stick is cheaper than an auto.

Well, my wife is not into the car thing at all. She's the minivan type and believes in practicality. When ever I pull up, she always tells me I need a muffler for my car. I tell her that I do have them and it is suppose to sound like it. I will say that she must love me. She knows what the car means to me so she supports me having my it. She has ridden in it a few times, you know like, when her van is at the dealer getting warrenty work done on it (He,He). She just does not get the car thing. It does not even matter if I had a new Shelby, shes not a speed freak. The only thing she would love about the idea of a new car would be that it's a NEW CAR (RELIABLE) and would have A/C. The good things that come out of a spouse not sharing the interest in cars are that I do not have to fight over the keys to drive it, and I get some me time when I go to car events. Sometimes I do wish that she was into it and goes with me, then I think how relaxing it is for me to have the alone time.

My wife is very supportive and a big fan of all muscle cars.

She drives the Charger SRT8.

My wife isn't into the car thing at all. Her first hushand couldn't tell the difference between hub caps and wheel covers. It's just good that she says "it's your money and you can do what you want with it". When I bought the Shelby and after the first ride, she says "Why does this thing ride so rough".

Her idea of a car is a Flex, Edge, Focus or one of those.

I feel for you guys whose wives dont like your cars and never ride in them.......seems strange to me.....

Dale has her own Shelby........attends events with me......provided we dont have to get up at the crack of dawn (dearborn) :hysterical:

she drove an Escape when we met......was not passionate about cars at all......after I got my Shelby, she seemed to catch the bug....

when the vista blue 08 Shelby GT came out....that was it.......she wanted one.......we traded the Escape for it and have never looked back.......

now she has been to the bash, terlingua and dearborn with me!

and there is nothing better than sharing these experiences with her! :happy feet: :happy feet:

My wife was really Po'ed when I bought the Shelby. It was so bad that I had to spring for a new kitchen for her. Everything is just rosy now.....I think that I got the better end of the deal...ha.ha :hysterical:

My wife was really Po'ed when I bought the Shelby. It was so bad that I had to spring for a new kitchen for her. Everything is just rosy now.....I think that I got the better end of the deal...ha.ha :hysterical:

Well my wife and I have agreed that after she gets here kitchen ( hopefully next summer ) :worship: , I will be able to remodel our garage into a man cave :drool: . I am always picking up Ford/Shelby things so that when the day comes to decorate, I will be able to furnish the garage immediately :happy feet: .

I feel for you guys whose wives dont like your cars and never ride in them.......seems strange to me.....

Dale has her own Shelby........attends events with me......provided we dont have to get up at the crack of dawn (dearborn) :hysterical:

she drove an Escape when we met......was not passionate about cars at all......after I got my Shelby, she seemed to catch the bug....

when the vista blue 08 Shelby GT came out....that was it.......she wanted one.......we traded the Escape for it and have never looked back.......

and there is nothing better than sharing these experiences with her! :happy feet: :happy feet:

+1

My wife got her first Mustang in 1994. Her 2nd one in 2007, and 2 weeks ago I got her into her very own GT500. She is a member of our local Mustang club and has a car passion very similar to mine. In fact we spent the day together at a car show with our cars and our club NW Mustangs & Classic Fords.

059.jpg

057.jpg

056.jpg

055.jpg

054.jpg

028.jpg

027.jpg

026.jpg

025.jpg

023.jpg

022.jpg

021.jpg

Edited by Grabber

You are a 'lucky in love' guy Michael! I saw you and Dale interact at the BBQ... Reminds me of Gina and I. Sounds like Dan and Marji too! There are some lucky guys here in this group! :salute: