dbowles22

Leaked: 2013 GT500

Remember what Ford/Shelby said in 2006 - " will be a 2 year/ maybe 3 year production car" .........and that's why I'm on my way saving for a Z06 or even a ZR1. :shift:

Better snag one if you want new in that production year. I think '12 is the last for the C6.

Maybe a butt lift or butt tuck ? :hysterical:

Good question (and comment) Grabber....I too am a little misled by the "freshening" mentioned on the article. I have long held the belief that an all-new Mustang was going to debut as a 2014 model to coincide with the Mustang's 50th Anniversary. If that is the case, and the 2013 is the last of this current body style, albeit with a modest freshing, it will make the 2013 a rare model in its own right.

Just a point to add to the murky speculation pool!:tequila:

Sudguy4

still far away, some are getting to excited for no reason........and those 'too excited' will pay $65-$70k u.s. $$$$, probably $75-$80k here in Canada, no thanks.......by then you can get a mint garage queen ZR1 for the same or less............now that's exciting.

LOL...still the same old anti-Ford views from a Ford guy? I'll bet you can get one in the mid-50s range (w/o options). Even 60k isn't bad for what you're getting. You seem to salivate over 'vettes'. Then sell your supposedly '659 RWHP' stang and buy one...and constantly tell us how perfect your 'vette is. Jeez...... :rolleyes:

LOL...still the same old anti-Ford views from a Ford guy? I'll bet you can get one in the mid-50s range (w/o options). Even 60k isn't bad for what you're getting. You seem to salivate over 'vettes'. Then sell your supposedly '659 RWHP' stang and buy one...and constantly tell us how perfect your 'vette is. Jeez...... :rolleyes:

Easy Darth, not critisizing the car, just the price and c'mon, can't cut up the ZR1 can you ?, and no, keeping my car, no worries :shift:

One thing that is confusing in the Car and Driver article is that (if you do the math) they say the new 2013 GT500 will come out about 21 months from right now. That would mean roughly January of 2013. That would mean the 2012 model would be around for nearly 2 years. Doesn't sound right to me... Did C&D just get their facts wrong or what?

One thing that is confusing in the Car and Driver article is that (if you do the math) they say the new 2013 GT500 will come out about 21 months from right now. That would mean roughly January of 2013. That would mean the 2012 model would be around for nearly 2 years. Doesn't sound right to me... Did C&D just get their facts wrong or what?

They probably have it all wrong, that article is just throwing hype around to drive attention to them.

Kinda reopens my speculation of being able to bore the fe block out to get closer to 6.0 doesn't it. Even though it won't happen for many years, the ability is still there. And, I would only have to hit the 5.8 parts bin...

True, at least I had 3 years.......2010 guys got short changed 10hp and the alum block, and I agree with you, if this 'leak' is true, who the heck would order a 2012, or buy the 2011?? I sure wouldn't !

I have a 2010 and love it! Some of you guys get way to caught up in what is next. 10 HP and aluminum engine doesnt mean squat to me. Im glad they did it but Im not going to lose sleep over "commiting" to a 2010. Buy one {any year GT500} or watch the rest of us go by. Have fun and enjoy. If you can afford to keep swapping cars, good for you!

I have a 2010 and love it! Some of you guys get way to caught up in what is next. 10 HP and aluminum engine doesnt mean squat to me. Im glad they did it but Im not going to lose sleep over "commiting" to a 2010. Buy one {any year GT500} or watch the rest of us go by. Have fun and enjoy. If you can afford to keep swapping cars, good for you!

+1........if you're so caught up in "next years model" then you're always going to be an unhappy person. I love my '10 too - all I care about this article is if they slap some fat ass wheels/tires so I can retrofit them on mine.

I'm not buying a lot of that article. The time frames are way off and with 2014 being the totally new "globaly designed" platform I just cant see dumping a ton of cash into a "new" 2013 being it is a one year only car.

I'm not saying they are wrong, I'm just saying they aren't right. :hysterical:

I'm not buying a lot of that article. The time frames are way off and with 2014 being the totally new "globaly designed" platform I just cant see dumping a ton of cash into a "new" 2013 being it is a one year only car.

I'm not saying they are wrong, I'm just saying they aren't right. :hysterical:

Agree. This may make more sense if C&D had meant the GT500 Mustang coming out in 2013 (Model year 2014).

"2013 Ford Mustang Shelby GT500 to Have Camaro ZL1–Slapping 600-Plus Horsepower ..."

Since no one else seems to have done it yet, I hereby copyright-&-trademark-by-publishing-here the name "GT600". [i will be happy to sell it to Ford or Shelby for a reasonable consideration.]

I won't be greedy; one of you can do the same thing with "GT700" since it's apparent we're already headed that way. :D

Welcome to the muscle car wars!

Get em' while there hot, God knows the government will put an end to this soon. Too much noise, too much smoke, too much speed, not enough hybrid.

The right has been predicting that for years and it sill has not and will not happen.

The right has been predicting that for years and it sill has not and will not happen.

As long as the dems and the left hold any amount of power, the possibility will always be there.

Bill H....

With the TVS I'd expect 650hp. Hope they widen the rear meats too!

If so it will be a monster ala Supersnake territory. Awesome!!!!

Fact is we can have the same performance now with $4K to $6K on mods.

Bite your tongue.

4k to 6k in mods....how about a pulley and tune for under 1000.00

630 hp translates to about 540-50 RWHP... I know i got that much in my 10' and then some....

Got to love these cars and there potential...

+++++1

Well said !!!!!

As long as the dems and the left hold any amount of power, the possibility will always be there.

Bill H....

Prohibited.jpg

why did they need to paint up the NOT new body like that for testing? seems like it'd be more incognito just normally painted if there's not new body work to hide....

why did they need to paint up the NOT new body like that for testing? seems like it'd be more incognito just normally painted if there's not new body work to hide....

:headscratch: Good point.

Prohibited.jpg

Let's not be TOO sensitive. Are tree hugging libs included in there too? If so run me over with a Prius.

Let's not be TOO sensitive. Are tree hugging libs included in there too? If so run me over with a Prius.

:headscratch:

To answer your question, yes, I would include any and all political conversations. Have you SEEN how well those have turned out lately? And the aforementioned posts are how they start. :backtotopic:

Don't worry those in the lil "smart cars" are on the phone, texting, browsing the net for the next gov't handout (and they will hit you if you don't watch out, they rarely use blinkers and think their go-carts are fast) :stirpot:

:headscratch:

To answer your question, yes, I would include any and all political conversations. Have you SEEN how well those have turned out lately? And the aforementioned posts are how they start. :backtotopic:

I think we can have a little fun without the PC Police getting involved. We're not discussing the validity of the death penalty for God sake. Life's too short to be so serious.

I think we can have a little fun without the PC Police getting involved. We're not discussing the validity of the death penalty for God sake. Life's too short to be so serious.

OH, ok... sorry... my bad for mentioning the forum rules and trying to stay on topic.

OH, ok... sorry... my bad for mentioning the forum rules and trying to stay on topic.

The Moderators on this forum do a fine job and really don"t need your help.