puma1

Rear end noise

I have a 2008 GT 500,recently I have developed a noise in the rear end and I crawled under the car tonight and looked at the differential....the axel on the left side is totally dry but the right side is partially wet and has black grease on the outside.Does this have something to do with the noise and if so what could this mean in repairs?The noise is a low whine that is a lot more prevalent when you dedcelerate.Thanks for your advise.

I have a 2008 GT 500,recently I have developed a noise in the rear end and I crawled under the car tonight and looked at the differential....the axel on the left side is totally dry but the right side is partially wet and has black grease on the outside.Does this have something to do with the noise and if so what could this mean in repairs?The noise is a low whine that is a lot more prevalent when you dedcelerate.Thanks for your advise.

There is a TSB to fix that. It is fluid leaking out the vent. They give you a nice little rubber bulb.

There is a TSB to fix that. It is fluid leaking out the vent. They give you a nice little rubber bulb.

would that cause a whining noise?

First check your fluid level and condition.Have you upgraded your UCA?That will transmit more noise.Most likely cause is a pinion bearing.

would that cause a whining noise?

Yeah, I hear that every time I spend "my wife's money" on a new mod.

Wish there was some "friction modifier" for that.

Seriously, check the TSB's

If your going to change the fluid have good look inside especially if your spewing it out the vent tube. Once you change add the friction modifier & fluid take your car out to an open lot & do a couple fiqure 8 `s to squeeze the fluid into the clutch packs. Let us know how you make out.

If your going to change the fluid have good look inside especially if your spewing it out the vent tube. Once you change add the friction modifier & fluid take your car out to an open lot & do a couple fiqure 8 `s to squeeze the fluid into the clutch packs. Let us know how you make out.

how long should I DO THAT....THANKS FOR THE HELP.

until you get really dizzy .... or the neighborhood kids come out & start cheering.

Groan while turning is normal. A little friction modifier will fix that. Whine while going straight is not. Mine did that and I had the bearings and pinion replaced under warranty. Get it looked at.

Edited by mullens

how long should I DO THAT....THANKS FOR THE HELP.

Just do it a Couple times (2--3)

It was the carrier bearings.......getting this fixed with 1 month left on warranty....thanks for all of your help.