Madlock

Variable EPAS

Does anybody know if the 2012 GT500 has programmable EPAS (Sport/Comfort/Normal), or if it's just part of the BOSS 302?

Seeing the regular GT gets the adjustable EPAS for 2012 I would assume the GT500 gets it as well.

Like heated seats, power passenger seat or reverse sensing system? No presumption is safe.

Yes 12GT500 has it.

Thanks - and congrats.

Like heated seats, power passenger seat or reverse sensing system? No presumption is safe.

Agreed, but thats all hardware, the adjustable EPAS is just software. Would be nice if that could be programmed into the 2011s.

Agreed, but thats all hardware, the adjustable EPAS is just software. Would be nice if that could be programmed into the 2011s.

Or '10's and so on....

Does anybody know if the 2012 GT500 has programmable EPAS (Sport/Comfort/Normal), or if it's just part of the BOSS 302?

What is this suppost to do?

Or '10's and so on....

'10s and below have conventional hydraulic power steering, which is non-adjustable other than by changing out the hardware. EPAS is the electric assist steering that in principle can be adjusted via electronics to give more or less boost. Apparently the '12s make this feature available to the driver; the '11s do not.

'10s and below have conventional hydraulic power steering, which is non-adjustable other than by changing out the hardware. EPAS is the electric assist steering that in principle can be adjusted via electronics to give more or less boost. Apparently the '12s make this feature available to the driver; the '11s do not.

+1

On the 11's I read that sport mode is supposed to change the steering feel some, not sure how true that is, It doesnt seem to change the steering on the '11 GT I have, wondering if it does on the '11 GT500.

+1

On the 11's I read that sport mode is supposed to change the steering feel some, not sure how true that is, It doesnt seem to change the steering on the '11 GT I have, wondering if it does on the '11 GT500.

???

The 2011 GT has a "Sport Mode" EPAS setting? Are you referring to the ESC?

The programmable EPAS varies resistance and rate. It's not revolutionary, but it's nice to have. It's also capable of doing MUCH more - it's the reason features like Park Assist is possible on other vehicles like MKS, Flex, Explorer, Focus, etc - as the EPAS can translate digital input into wheel turns.

Come to think of it, given the premium Mustang owners tend to place upon wheels and tires, it's a shame Park Assist isn't offered - just as a curb rash saver. Ford's system works absolutely spot-on.

The sport setting on the 2012 GT I drove feels exactly like the standard setting on my 2011 GT500.

???

The 2011 GT has a "Sport Mode" EPAS setting? Are you referring to the ESC?

The programmable EPAS varies resistance and rate. It's not revolutionary, but it's nice to have. It's also capable of doing MUCH more - it's the reason features like Park Assist is possible on other vehicles like MKS, Flex, Explorer, Focus, etc - as the EPAS can translate digital input into wheel turns.

Come to think of it, given the premium Mustang owners tend to place upon wheels and tires, it's a shame Park Assist isn't offered - just as a curb rash saver. Ford's system works absolutely spot-on.

I have read on a couple forums that the ESC 'sport mode' programming also changes the EPAS on the 2011 cars. Like I said the adjustable EPAS is just a software change so its POSSIBLE putting it in sport mode does change the steering, I didn feel it myself so i was just wondering if it was true or internet rumor or the usual wrong Ford info like the aluminum driveshaft..

Edited by kpevin

Thanks - and congrats.

Does the 2012 GT500 have a clutch start delete or do you have to depress the clutch to start the vehicle :headscratch:

What is this suppost to do?

Better feel in the steering wheel. More like heavier. People like that because it's sort of more like a sportier feel to it.