puma1

alignment question

I have to get my 2008 gt500 aligned.....my question is.....are there differant alignment specs for a gt500 vs. a 2008 gt or v6?thanks for your help.

Have you added caster/camber adjustment plates? And do you want it aligned for the street or for the track (road coarse)?

Jim

Have you added caster/camber adjustment plates? And do you want it aligned for the street or for the track (road coarse)?

Jim

Hi Jim,

Hitting the track on May 10 so curious on the track specs. What do you recommend?

Thanks,

DaFreak

Jim

Jim, no mods involved,stock GT500,thanks a million for the info.street use only.

Edited by puma1

I have to get my 2008 gt500 aligned.....my question is.....are there differant alignment specs for a gt500 vs. a 2008 gt or v6?thanks for your help.

From the online S197 Service Manuals, it shows a *slight* difference between a Mustang and a Shelby:

http://iihs.net/fsm/?dir=722&viewfile=SPECIFICATIONS.pdf

Note: Those specs are for a 2011 which has Electic Power Steering Assisted Steering (EPSAS) but there is also a spec sheet for a 2005 Mustang:

http://iihs.net/fsm/?dir=53&viewfile=SPECIFICATIONS.pdf

And you'll see that the '05 Mustang specs pretty much mirror the 2011 Mustang Specs so I'd suspect the 2011 SHELBY spec is what your '08 should be.

FWIW, I'm aligning my 2010 to the '11 spec shown above.

Phill Pollard