Cobras55

Shipping Costs? Craziness!!!

Jer,

Got the PM. Wow! What a reduction.

Many thanks,

Don

Hawaii's bringing up a weird computer glitch. We're working on it.

Glad I could take care of you, I appreciate your patience.

Jer

Jer, you continue to go above and beyond. Something really lost in most customer service any more. Shelby is lucky to have you.

• Like 3

Jer, you continue to go above and beyond. Something really lost in most customer service any more. Shelby is lucky to have you.

Thanks, Jeff. Much appreciated.

Jer

+1 On that

Just an update to speak to the original post here, I'm working with a consultant team to re-evaluate every aspect of our shipping costs and procedures here, and I expect to be able to offer our customers more choices and better value from SPP in the near future.

Jer

• Like 1

Thanks, Jer, for all of us who have been frustrated in the past with the shipping charges. Great job on getting my recent order out at an affordable shipping price that was almost a third of the original quote. I received my order in just a week! There are ways that do work for all of us.

Don

This is a major analysis, with custom software (not cheap) and an outside auditing agency, because I want to get it right - our customers need a better solution. I always hated that SPP had no shipping choices, it felt like "click here, and we'll ship it to ya!".... lame.

Remember that I'm a longtime SPP customer first and foremost. And I know what drove me nuts!

Jer

Edited by Jer
  • Like 1

Thanks for being all over this Jer. The shipping costs to Canada have always been a source of frustration for me.

Looking forward to the results of your review.

I ordered some parts the other day & was pleasantly surprised. I got a choice of two costs!

One was $6.xx for a non trackable package or $26.xx for one I could track. I went with the higher of the two this time around but it was verrrry nice to have a choice. For anyone comparing costs that was for the billet seat levers and a windshield banner sticker.

I'd say the review went well. Thanks Jer :)

Just an update to speak to the original post here, I'm working with a consultant team to re-evaluate every aspect of our shipping costs and procedures here, and I expect to be able to offer our customers more choices and better value from SPP in the near future.

Jer

Thanks Jer. I would order more parts but when I needed to order a $21 shifter sleeve because of poor, or lack of, Shebly website links for your shifter ball and was told $27 to ship the part to Hawaii - I was positive there had to be a mistake. When I questioned the cost I was essentially told to find another manufacturer. I had my brother order the part and deliver it to OH for $9 and he shipped the sleeve to me via USPS for $1.44. Over 4X the shipping cost from NV to OH versus OH to HI?? Something is desperately wrong here.

Edited by tjys

I have been wanting to order several of the Terlingua Key Chains and the 50Th Anniversary Key Chains ($6.95 each) but I am not about to pay over $8.00 for Shipping.

Maybe SPP should check into...........USPS Priority Mail......."IF IT FITS IT SHIPS".

I have been wanting to order several of the Terlingua Key Chains and the 50Th Anniversary Key Chains ($6.95 each) but I am not about to pay over $8.00 for Shipping.

Maybe SPP should check into...........USPS Priority Mail......."IF IT FITS IT SHIPS".

Go back and start reading this thread at Post #95.

USPS is on our "things to do" list as we rebuild the entire shipping system here. Relief is on the way.

Jer

A lot of companies do use USPS because they think that they have pay an employee to drive to the Post Office and wait in line. Wrong. Get a Pitney Bowes mailing meter unit and the problem is solved.

A lot of companies do use USPS because they think that they have pay an employee to drive to the Post Office and wait in line. Wrong. Get a Pitney Bowes mailing meter unit and the problem is solved.

Oh, I wish it were that easy.

In a company like ours, with online sales, car production, mod shops to support, take-off parts processing, drop-shipping for our dealers (when you buy Shelby parts elsewhere, guess where they usually ship from?), a speed shop, a museum/gift shop, etc... the integration is much more complex. You are correct in principle, but in practice, it's a far bigger undertaking. As I said, I'm working on it.

Jer

At least you are working on it, Jer, which is very commendable and appreciated.

At least you are working on it, Jer, which is very commendable and appreciated.

Thanks, I think you'll all really appreciate the changes in cost, convenience, and versatility I'm trying to build into the system.

The first time someone buys a part, gets to select "Overnight Shipping", specifies their own "Signature Required" option (or not), and gets their stuff the next day, it will all be worth it.

Jer

REFRESH Jer I would really love to have Shelby Parts on my Shelby... But the shipping will kill all savings.. I wanted to order the Shelby handling pack(ant-roll kit) cost of $400... Shipping to Canada (Ontario) will cost apprx $200 ..50% of the cost of the part.. Sorry but I cannot afford this and will have to do without most Shelby Parts.. :drool::drool::drool:

Just saying....if you order another $200.00 worth of merchandise, the shipping will probably stay the same. So your 50% goes to 25% or less if you order more. I usually order a bunch of stuff once a year just for that reason.

REFRESH Jer I would really love to have Shelby Parts on my Shelby... But the shipping will kill all savings.. I wanted to order the Shelby handling pack(ant-roll kit) cost of $400... Shipping to Canada (Ontario) will cost apprx $200 ..50% of the cost of the part.. Sorry but I cannot afford this and will have to do without most Shelby Parts.. :drool::drool::drool:

If you have a parcel service available on the U.S. side close to you, then you can save yourself a fair amount.

I like to order larger items, arrange for several items to make the trip worthwhile, and then have them sent to Pembina ND.

That way I can run down on a Saturday morning and pick them up.

You will have to pay pst and gst on them, but you will have a vastly reduced shipping charge and no brokerage fees.

Some vendors even offer free shipping and handling in the U.S. periodically, which is a heck of a deal.

Duty will apply to any items from countries that Canada does not have a free trade agreement with, such as China.

Just make sure you have all the correct invoices on hand before heading down for pickup, or Canada Customs will not let you bring them back.

Yes I agree with both previous responses.. But some companies will not send to a PO # for me to cross over to pick up. I agree I should order more to save shipping costs but it seems like hit and miss which companies will deliver to PO #. I have ordered other parts thru the 1st class US international(no-tracking) mail and I am always worried if the packages make it without losing them thru the mail....Just saying

Read my post above. We're changing our shipping dramatically.

First, however, we're moving the entire company across town, so... priorities, priorities... LOL

Jer

Hurry up with that will ya Jer!!

:hysterical2:

Jer, may I suggest having a super summer sale (25% off) free shipping and a free Team Shelby t-shirt with any order over$100. This will help clean out the warehouse and make many a Shelby owner very happy.. Win,win!