• Announcements

• Staff

ABOUT TEAM SHELBY   01/01/2007

Member Benefits:   First, there's the Team Shelby swag. No other club packs your membership kit with more than Team Shelby! Whether you are a renewing member or new to the “family” of Shelby enthusiast worldwide, our goal is to help you enjoy a high-octane lifestyle!   From a Unique Membership Card, Shelby Annual Magazine, Team Shelby Hat, Collector Coin, Team Shelby T-Shirt, Windshield Cling, Team Shelby License Plate Frame, Lapel Pin and Magnet, the contents of your Team Shelby Membership Kit more than pay for your membership alone!   In addition, your membership includes:   Exclusive Access to Team Shelby Member Forums.   10% discounts at Carroll Shelby's Stores in Las Vegas and Los Angeles.   Driving Experiences.   Invitations to Exclusive Team Shelby Member Events.   Insider information from Shelby American.   Affiliate Partner Discounts.   Updated February 16, 2017. Team Shelby Club 2018 Team Shelby Membership Kit Please note that membership contents are subject to change.   Team Shelby was designed and engineered by real enthusiasts inside and out of Shelby.   Team Shelby was originally formed in 2008 by Carroll Shelby. He wanted to create a club for people to truly enjoy their cars. He knew the world had changed, and he wanted his companies to meet the needs of the new generation of Shelby owners. His vision was to knit together those people with the owners of early Shelby's and give everyone fun new ways to experience their high performance vehicles.   Mr. Shelby imagined a place where owners could talk about their latest conquests at the track, swap stories, share photos and learn new ways to hot rod their cars! He wanted to link all of the enthusiasts into one "dream garage"... thus, Team Shelby was born!   Team Shelby has many free, open access forums, news sections and member only areas dedicated to the community.   In addition, Team Shelby has a full series of events for 2018, which include VIP Experiences, track days, National & Regional gatherings, cruises, car shows and more! Ownership of a Shelby is not required to be a member. The club is dedicated to serving all Shelby enthusiasts past and present including those that own cars built in the 1960's and Shelby Dodges too! Carroll Shelby (Team Shelby Member #001) said: "We built Team Shelby for anyone who is passionate about Shelby cars! We’ll have a blast and we'll do it the Shelby way!   Yearly Membership Rates   U.S. $49.99 | Canada & Mexico $59.99 | E.U., others $65.99   Join the Team Shelby Club   click here to choose a Team Shelby Club subscription package.   Membership Kit Arrival   Your Team Shelby Club membership kit and I.D.card will generally arrive within 6-8 weeks.   Need Help?   Email Brianna:  e-mail her here.
    • ForumAdmin

Having Problems Logging In To Team Shelby ?   02/12/2018

If you are having a problem logging in to Team Shelby since the software change made last December/January please send an email to bfawn@shelby.com  Please include your real name and Team Shelby user id in this email so that we may look into what the problem might be. Thank you.
Cali_KR

Cars held hostage

I found a thread like this on another site (saacfrorum), and thought it would be cool to have it here as well.

The rules: There aren't any, basically, just post up pics of "interesting" vehicles that are being "held hostage"...you know the type, guy is sitting on a car that has been languishing forever with the ideas that one day....it'll be restored...but they refuse to sell to someone who will rescue the car...

The marque does not matter, any brand will do, as some of these pix (and stories) can be interesting...

Here are a few pix I took just today.

The first is of a 68 or 69 TBird, this car has been sitting there for the 12 years i've lived in the area....check out the suicide doors!

Second pic is a Buick Regal Turbo-T, it has been sitting for about 3-4 years now....

I need the TS family to all be automotive archaeoligists, and keep this thread alive :camera:

TBird.JPG

Regal.JPG

TBird.JPG

Regal.JPG

Edited by Cali_KR

Ther first pic is on the same property as the Buick in the previous post....he has about 10 Mopars scattered about, Chargers, Roadrunners, 'cudas and Challengers...and they never, ever move...make me wonder what kind of treasures he has stashed in his shop...

The first pic i just shot today, the one of the Firebird Formula I snapped a few months ago...but it too has been sitting for a long time

Mopar.JPG

IMG_0548.JPG

Mopar.JPG

IMG_0548.JPG

Ther first pic is on the same property as the Buick in the previous post....he has about 10 Mopars scattered about, Chargers, Roadrunners, 'cudas and Challengers...and they never, ever move...make me wonder what kind of treasures he has stashed in his shop...

The first pic i just shot today, the one of the Firebird Formula I snapped a few months ago...but it too has been sitting for a long time

What year do you think that Formula is?

What year do you think that Formula is?

It is a '74 or '75...hidden behind the obstruction in the pic, is the black molded bumper which was used on those two years, later they were matching to the body color. Also the Honeycomb wheels were commonplace during thaose model years. I had a '75 T/A with the same black bumpers and honeycomb wheels..

Edited by Cali_KR

Tom,

Great thread! At first, I thought the T-bird might be one of Robert Mondavi's work vehicles... hysterical.gif

Ok, here are a couple of pix I took of a Galaxie while on a biz trip in BC last week...if it had been a 7 Litre car, it would've been on a flatbed

galx1.JPG

galx2.JPG

galx1.JPG

galx2.JPG

Just snapped this pic this morning...about a mile from my house, been sitting for a very, very long time...the upside, hey its a plastic car, therefore no rusty body parts... :hysterical:

vette.JPG

vette.JPG

Just snapped this pic this morning...about a mile from my house, been sitting for a very, very long time...the upside, hey its a plastic car, therefore no rusty body parts... :hysterical:

Apparently the not so subtle hood scoop mod didn’t work out very well.

Tom, I’m going to try and get a pic of a Mustang in a field I’ve been driving by for years this weekend.

i dont have any pics (mainly because shes afraid of me i think, everytime i drive down the street she shuts her garage door) but theres a lady down the street with an all orig 69 fastback. not much info on the car other that its red, a manual, shes the orig. owner and her husband told her the flywheel was cracked and he parked it in the garage. he died 25 years ago. car looks great, but she wont sell.

I found a thread like this on another site (saacfrorum), and thought it would be cool to have it here as well.

The rules: There aren't any, basically, just post up pics of "interesting" vehicles that are being "held hostage"...you know the type, guy is sitting on a car that has been languishing forever with the ideas that one day....it'll be restored...but they refuse to sell to someone who will rescue the car...

The marque does not matter, any brand will do, as some of these pix (and stories) can be interesting...

Here are a few pix I took just today.

The first is of a 68 or 69 TBird, this car has been sitting there for the 12 years i've lived in the area....check out the suicide doors!

Second pic is a Buick Regal Turbo-T, it has been sitting for about 3-4 years now....

I need the TS family to all be automotive archaeoligists, and keep this thread alive :camera:

You had to post this !!! You it can set me off the deep end those F" in people make me sick !!! They should rot themselve's !!! I would love to buy a RPG's and go around say Hey guy like to sell your muscle car ?? NO ok thank you have a shitty day !!! Then go to my truck pull it out and yell FIRE IN THE HOLE YOU A$$ HOLE !!! BOOM it would be better off blown apart then let it rust to death. There was an Amx on ebay for a couple of thousands it was a half of car that was mostly rusted out. He problem need money and say hey I sell one of the cars I been hoarding !!! :rant2:

i dont have any pics (mainly because shes afraid of me i think, everytime i drive down the street she shuts her garage door) but theres a lady down the street with an all orig 69 fastback. not much info on the car other that its red, a manual, shes the orig. owner and her husband told her the flywheel was cracked and he parked it in the garage. he died 25 years ago. car looks great, but she wont sell.

Then she will sell oneday to some money hungry car sales guy for a dollar !! He will list for a million dollars !!! Total BS I had to beg my neighbor to buy his truck if you guys remember. I never beg unless it's megan fox !!!

Tom, I’m going to try and get a pic of a Mustang in a field I’ve been driving by for years this weekend.

Please do, I can't be the only guy to upload pics on this thread....

This Alfa's been sitting as long as I've been here, and same with the Mustang. Neither are for sale, of course. The Alfa is "yard art", the Mustang is her pride and joy, gonna make me rich one day kinda thing.

alphaalfa.jpg

rip69.jpg

Edited by 08SC0023

This Alfa's been sitting as long as I've been here, and same with the Mustang. Neither are for sale, of course. The Alfa is "yard art", the Mustang is her pride and joy, gonna make me rich one day kinda thing.

alphaalfa.jpg

rip69.jpg

This stuff always saddens me...

BTW, The Alfa and Mustang look like they are in MY neighborhood somewhere, by the scenery... LOL...

Jer

alphaalfa.jpg

rip69.jpg

Yard art...I love it...

Great post, this is what I was looking for to keep this thread going....

Yard art...I love it...

Great post, this is what I was looking for to keep this thread going....

Great idea, this is very cool to see.

Jer

This stuff always saddens me...

BTW, The Alfa and Mustang look like they are in MY neighborhood somewhere, by the scenery... LOL...

Jer

Not too far from ya, Jer--just Over the Hump!

Snapped this pic today of a Fox body 'vert....heaven forbid you place your junk in the dirt...better put it on the convertible :doh:

fox_vert.JPG

fox_vert.JPG

another one from yesterday...this one almost looks like art

oldtimer.JPG

oldtimer.JPG

another one from yesterday...this one almost looks like art

Maybe it’s part of his Christmas display since those lights are still up. :headscratch:

This car has been sitting in this field for years. The owner has no interest in selling. It’s right off the road. Apparently he gets notes left on his gate every week.

Sorry the pic is a cell cam. What year is this Tom?

photo-69.jpg

photo-70.jpg

This car has been sitting in this field for years. The owner has no interest in selling. It’s right off the road. Apparently he gets notes left on his gate every week.

photo-69.jpg

photo-70.jpg

That is a 1970 Coupe.

That is a 1970 Coupe.

As Tesgt said it is a 1970.

There are two ways to tell the difference between the model years, the 69's had a 4 headlight setup, whereas the 70's only had two headlights. On your side pic, you can tell because the 70's had the two "whiskers" on the outside of the headlight.

Also, on the back taillight panel, the vertical tri-bar lights on a 69 protrude out, on the 70 they are recessed.

On the Fastbacks, the 69's have a faux scoop about 3/4 high on the rear qtr, just behind the door handle, the 70 was smooth sided.

Keep the :camera: coming

Edited by Cali_KR

I do find these yard/barn finds very interesting but it also saddens me that these beautifuls cars are left to rot away in someone's yard so no one else can bring them back to life and enjoy them.

Tom, these look like pics from "Prunetucky"!! I will have to look around and if I cant find much here maybe I'll look in the the Hollister area!!haha.

Here are a couple more that I just snapped today...these are both less than a 1/2 mile from my home.

The Pick-up has been there 12 years, was dragged from one side of yard to the other about 6 years ago...

The Nova wagon has been there a while, and the Camaro was placed there about a year ago.

The horse behind the Nova still functions :hysterical:

ford_pu.JPG

Nova_camaro.JPG

ford_pu.JPG

Nova_camaro.JPG

Edited by Cali_KR

This '65 coupe has been sitting on this dirt mound, being used as a billboard for well over a decade....from an advertising perspective, there is no mistaking what he does, the message is clear.

\'stang_billboard.JPG

there used to be a guy about 5 mins from me, that had a mustang in the woods, but you could see it from the road, but eventually the guy put another car - like a GEO - in front of it, and put up the hood to block the car. I think the car i gone now, unless he finally put it in a garage or hiding it somewhere else

here is one from today, a convertible Impala...a princess she ain't (sign on back wall) :hysterical:

impala.JPG

impala.JPG