cobradad

Just Got Tagged

So sorry for you, good luck getting it cleaned up.

Sooooo glad I live in Western North Carolina and have a locking garage.

Andrew

So sorry for you, good luck getting it cleaned up.

Sooooo glad I live in Western North Carolina and have a locking garage.

Andrew

Thanks, I have a locking garage too. Dragster on one side and shelby on the other.

I was just too tired to move cars (wifes) to put it in.... Oh well,

See what happens when the cars want a night out on their own. :shift:

WOW that just flat out sucks!!!!

Several years ago I bought a van from a dealer that still had the former company logo painted on it. Since they couldn't sell it that way they asked me if it was okay to spray paint over it, which I okayed. As soon as I got home I took a rag soaked in gasoline and wiped the spray paint off! I think if it were my car I would try something quickly before it has any more time to set! Good luck!

Then you should put a silhouette target (with bullet holes) in the front yard with a sign that states "remember, you are in sight"!!!

I know, I know. If I could leave work right now and get the car there I would. He said bring it in tomorrow but I can't, thus first thing next week.

I know how to turn wrenches and did a bit of body and paint 20 odd years ago, (when paint was really paint), but this I want to leave to

the experts.

I'm hoping that as long as it is out of the sun it should not get baked in and set. Plus it did get a complete detail and wax about 2 weeks ago

so fingers crossed. This whole thing just sucks.

I recently had a client that I insure all his vehicles & home, etc. and some kids that were mad at his son did the same number to his cars....all expensive vehicles - BMW 740, Escalade, Audi A6, and his favorite one his Range Rover. He worked on it himself and then called me to turn in a claim. We got him to a body shop within a matter of 2 or 3 days of the event happening and him contacting us, and all of it came off. I think his event happened on a Saturday am (3 am), so he had Saturday to Monday to get it to the body shop.

The happy ending to this story is that they caught the 3 kids that did it and even had them on closed circuit camera walking out of a local Wal-mart with the spray paint in hand. It was also white spray paint and his Range Rover was also Black. He regularly detailed each car, so the fresh wax actually helps.

I also had a similar event - my new Mastercraft Prostar ski boat was in an enclosed storage unit over the Winter about 3 years ago when the storage company decided to paint the roll up doors to all the units a strong bright red without notifying the "tenants". My boat was a beautiful white/ivory color with tan/red/gold interior. They were stupid enough to think that the doors were air tight, and just went to town spraying the doors. I arrived to pull my boat out for the Summer season after this nice red overspray sat on my boat for about 3 or 4 months. As soon as I stepped into the boat to hook it up to my truck, I noticed what was all over the entire lenght of the boat.

I called the owners (a large corporate owner) and pursued it with them immediately. The painting company dispatched a special professional detail crew from TX to Atlanta, and they spent 3 hours working on my boat. When they pulled up, they first thought it was a gonner, but the tried a small test patch of claybar and it came right off. The crew foreman looked at me and asked when the last time I had waxed the boat, and I told him just before it went into storage for the Winter. He told me I just saved my boat. It came off everything - gel coat, glass, and metal trim. The only thing that it did not come off was the interior, and the painting company had to pay me over $6,000 for a new factory interior.

Good luck to you next week!! I feel good that most everything should come off and the cost to do the work should be covered by your insurance company under you Comprehensive coverage with no penalty to you.

Andy.

OMG! I would have cried..... Hope it is returned to it's original luster. Unbelievable that an individual would think that is funny.

Damn Kids, -,- I would of killed someone by now man its a good thing i have cameras by my house

hey rarecat, being that you live in florida you COULD get away with it and just say they must have drowned in the pool!! btw i totally agree with you.

:ohsnap:

What bites me the most is that I drove all the way to work with that garbage on the side of the car and not one person pointed or tried to tell me something was wrong.

Our receptionist told me about it after I was in the office!:banghead::banghead:

I was thinking wireless too. Found a 2-pack kit at Costco for just under $200.00.

Need to do some research though on how they record. Might spend a bit more and get a DVR setup that sends alerts when motion is detected.

night vision

http://www.google.com/products/catalog?hl=en&q=night+vision+goggles&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.&biw=1360&bih=552&wrapid=tlif131025439081010&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=shop&cid=531476676224534894&sa=X&ei=S-UYTtS7Gafa0QGk48njBQ&ved=0CIwBEPICMAE#

paint gun, take your pick

http://www.paintball-online.com/shop/Departments/Paintball-Guns-And-Markers.aspx

and shoot the sh*t out of them

What bites me the most is that I drove all the way to work with that garbage on the side of the car and not one person pointed or tried to tell me something was wrong.

Our receptionist told me about it after I was in the office!:banghead::banghead:

I was thinking wireless too. Found a 2-pack kit at Costco for just under $200.00.

Need to do some research though on how they record. Might spend a bit more and get a DVR setup that sends alerts when motion is detected.

Go to lowes i got the motion light that come on and set off an alarm pluged in the house and you plug the lamp into the alarm and it turns the lamp on so you see to get to the door with out breaking your neck....the on i got there came with motion and 2 bulbs and the alarm for 34.95 I got it the keep an eye on my tools (and cars) in my detached garage I keep a clock 19 next to my lamp......good luck jfpeele

They must be hunted down and killed...................................... :slapfight:

i'm thankful for having a garage. Good luck with the body shop.

Sorry for the late update.

Thanks to everyone for their support, sympathies, and suggestions.

I got the car back and you would never know what happened.

So now, without the extra silver paint causing wind resistance and drag

I can keep up with the rest of the black Shelby's since we are, the fastest ones on the track. :shift:

CC

2011-07-15 09.09.37-2.jpg

2011-07-15 09.09.37-2.jpg

GREAT NEWS COBRADAD !!!! :happy feet: NOW HOPE FULLY YOU CAN CATCH THE JACK WAGON THAT DID THIS.

B.O.L.

SCOTTY

Sorry for the late update.

Thanks to everyone for their support, sympathies, and suggestions.

I got the car back and you would never know what happened.

So now, without the extra silver paint causing wind resistance and drag

I can keep up with the rest of the black Shelby's since we are, the fastest ones on the track. :shift:

CC

Awesome!!! I'm so happy everything worked out for ya! It looks great!

Now you should park it back in the driveway and using shoe polish or soap draw a hand with the middle finger exposed, then sit back and watch.... take note to who gets pissed and you have your culprit!

Go get um Cobra dad because you deserve it, you beat them at their own game :salute:

Now you should park it back in the driveway and using shoe polish or soap draw a hand with the middle finger exposed, then sit back and watch.... take note to who gets pissed and you have your culprit!

I kinda like that idea. Congrats on the repair, CC...

Jer

Awesome!!! I'm so happy everything worked out for ya! It looks great!

Go get um Cobra dad because you deserve it, you beat them at their own game :salute:

Doing that and what GT500-07 mentioned earlier with the night vision goggles and a paint gun....

Hummmm, has a perverse sense of justice if thought about long enough....

Of course there is that sticky "lying in wait" clause that would get one in trouble....

CC

Doing that and what GT500-07 mentioned earlier with the night vision goggles and a shotgun....

Hummmm, has a perverse sense of justice if thought about long enough....

Of course there is that sticky "lying in wait" clause that would get one in trouble....

CC

fixt

act of terror= death

Great to see that you have it looking like new again! happy feet.gif

Yes, now I must remember to tell myself, "no matter how tired you are, put the car away!"

I want people looking at it because it is a Shelby and not for the non-welcome graphics.

Although it seemed like the day it happened and the morning I took it to the shop no one seemed to notice.

Is everyone so totally oblivious to their surroundings? I'm always checking out cars. The good, the bad and the ugly.

CC

Well hope it all came off?

Yes, even the little bit that got on the fender stripe.

I had visions of having to order a new set.

But the car came out beautiful. The whole car is smooth as glass

after the clay bar and detailing.

I was like a little kid again when I got it back. Making excuses to drive it around

and show it off. Need to go get this, go see so and so....

CC

Yes, even the little bit that got on the fender stripe.

I had visions of having to order a new set.

But the car came out beautiful. The whole car is smooth as glass

after the clay bar and detailing.

I was like a little kid again when I got it back. Making excuses to drive it around

and show it off. Need to go get this, go see so and so....

CC

Awesome CC!! Your post made my day!