Sign in to follow this  
dbrisson

Will the tune from my 10 for smaller pulley from vmp work on a 12 with no changes?

Looking at a 12 SVTPP with nav and recaros, and want to know if I can just take the pulley, tune and filter and pop them on and go? Any thoughts?

D.Brisson

No. No way, actually. Speaking only of the tune, the rest will fit. You can't even move your tune to another 10'. It's locked to your car. You need to send the tuner back to Justin and ask for a tune for your 12'. Make sure you tune the 10' back to stock, unlocking the tuner.

Edited by ChrisSD

I have to ask how is the tune locked to that car since there is no vin tied to the tune or tuner, from ordering. Once the stock tune is reloaded I thought the tune and tuner were open?

Edited by dbrisson

As long as the previous car was returned to stock the tuner is "unlocked". Your pulley and filter will fit your '12 but the brain of the car (computer) is much much more complex. Do not use your 10 tune for your 12.

I have to ask how is the tune locked to that car since there is no vin tied to the tune or tuner, from ordering. Once the stock tune is reloaded I thought the tune and tuner were open?

If the car is tuned with it, it's locked. Sorry for not clarifying. If you sold your 10 still tuned, the tuner would have to mailed back to Justin to be unlocked, for a fee. If you make sure to retune the 10 to stock - then all you need is a new email tune.

Looking at a 12 SVTPP with nav and recaros, and want to know if I can just take the pulley, tune and filter and pop them on and go? Any thoughts?

D.Brisson

You have a PM!

Edited by bpmurr