CMG

New Mickey Thompsons finally here

The new 305 35 19, and 20 Mickey Thompson drag radials are finally available. Got my 19s mounted on factory rims today. I was concerned about rim width but they fit perfect. Specs call for at least 10" rim on 305 but these appear to be a little on the narrow side for a 305. No side wall buldge at all. These should put me easily in 11s as I ran 12.23 on stock rubber. What psi do most run in these? I will post pics later.

The new 305 35 19, and 20 Mickey Thompson drag radials are finally available. Got my 19s mounted on factory rims today. I was concerned about rim width but they fit perfect. Specs call for at least 10" rim on 305 but these appear to be a little on the narrow side for a 305. No side wall buldge at all. These should put me easily in 11s as I ran 12.23 on stock rubber. What psi do most run in these? I will post pics later.

Will these fit Factory rims from 2010's . Can you tell me where you got them from and how much $$$$ Thanks .

They fit 2010 wheel perfectly. I work for a Performance Warehouse so I purchased direct from MT. MT just started filling back orders this last week. Not sure where your closest dealer would be. Summit has them listed at about retail @ 350.00 each...Ouch! I would recommend American Muscle as they buy from me. They should have in stock soon. I may have the first set of 19s out there.

First two pics are of car with MTs

2011SHELBY001.jpg

2011SHELBY002.jpg

Edited by CMG

What do they stick like? Does it enable you to step on it without smoking up?

Thanks

Now thats what I'm talking about. Now there is finally a reason to get these:

http://www.fordracin...tKeyField=12304

Thanks for informing us.

Those look nice. With the Rubber and rims it will set you back $3,400.00 dollarinies. :ohsnap:

Edit: Plus a couple hundred for tire sensors and mounting. :spend:

Edited by Grabber

Those look nice. With the Rubber and rims it will set you back $3,400.00 dollarinies. :ohsnap:

I know they are expensive but those are the pretty cheap for forged aluminum. BBS charge a lot more I believe.

That's why I went with my super affordable 15" Racestars.

They fit 2010 wheel perfectly. I work for a Performance Warehouse so I purchased direct from MT. MT just started filling back orders this last week. Not sure where your closest dealer would be. Summit has them listed at about retail @ 350.00 each...Ouch! I would recommend American Muscle as they buy from me. They should have in stock soon. I may have the first set of 19s out there.

First two pics are of car with MTs

2011SHELBY001.jpg

2011SHELBY002.jpg

Can you post some pics showing the tires from the back of the car . Just wanna see how they look from behind .

I'll try to get some later. It really dosnt look any different than stock. They do not stick out beyond rear quarter lip at all. The main thing I noticed is that they are slightly taller.

Wow I'm super pumped , can't wait to get a pair for the rear. I have a 2010 with 19x9.5 inch rims are you sure the 305 will work with this ? Positive? Do not want to make a 700 dollar mistake, ya know...

Edited by Cobras55

so are you driving around with these tires on all the time?

also do you know what the aspect ratio is on the 20s?

I really want a set of 305/30ZR20s

Wow I'm super pumped , can't wait to get a pair for the rear. I have a 2010 with 19x9.5 inch rims are you sure the 305 will work with this ? Positive? Do not want to make a 700 dollar mistake, ya know...

Ditto for me as well.I want to make sure the 305's will fit the 19x9.5 and clear before I BUY. ALSO ; WHAT TIRE PRESSURE AND HOW WELL DO THEY HOOKUP?

PLEASE RESPOND

so are you driving around with these tires on all the time?

also do you know what the aspect ratio is on the 20s?

I really want a set of 305/30ZR20s

I wouldn't recommend this as DD Tires. What if it rains? I would just put them during summer.

I only drive mine in dry weather-----if they hook up then I will get a set for the rear. The 15's will hook up better but they look like crap on the new vehicles.

I have not yey determined PSI or how well they hook. I will have to let you know after a trip to track. I will not be leaving them on all the time but I got about 40 miles on them now with some hard corning and big bumps with no issues at all. It does feel slightly softer in rear or as if they have more roll. Currently at 30psi.

I only drive mine in dry weather-----if they hook up then I will get a set for the rear. The 15's will hook up better but they look like crap on the new vehicles.

I agree , the 15's look stupid on a brand new 50k car, they belong on old muscle..also my car never see s rain as well....but have to make sure about the 9.5 width on 305,that's my only obstacle on purchasing these....get so many people saying yes and so many others saying def. Not...JUST WANNA KNOW ??

I have not yey determined PSI or how well they hook. I will have to let you know after a trip to track. I will not be leaving them on all the time but I got about 40 miles on them now with some hard corning and big bumps with no issues at all. It does feel slightly softer in rear or as if they have more roll. Currently at 30psi.

IF you have 40 miles on them you must know how the dry traction is in first and second gear on the street? Right?

I agree , the 15's look stupid on a brand new 50k car, they belong on old muscle..also my car never see s rain as well....but have to make sure about the 9.5 width on 305,that's my only obstacle on purchasing these....get so many people saying yes and so many others saying def. Not...JUST WANNA KNOW ??

IF YOU ARE USING 18 X 9.5 SVT WHEELS LIKE THE ONES ON THE 2007 - 2009 GT500 WITH THE NITTO NT 555R DRAG RADIAL WILL WORK AND IS A GREAT STREET TIRE AND A VERY COMPETITIVE DRAG TIRE. THERE ARE MANY RACERS USING THEM ON THE NMRA DRAG RACING CIRCUT. HERE IS A LINK TO THE NITTO SITE THAT SHOWS THE TIRE SIZE AND THE RIM WIDTH YOU CAN USE AND 9.5 RIM WIDTH IS A GO FOR THE NT555R 305/45/18 LOOK IT UP UNDER THE COMPETITION CATEGORY ON THIS LINK : http://www.nittotire.com/index.html

HOPE THIS HELPS AND BY THE WAY I HAVE 305/45/18 ON MY 709 RWHP GT500 VERT WITH THE STOCK SVT WHEELS , AND FOR STREET USE A TIRE PRESSURE OF 24 - 26 PSI HOOKS GREAT AND FOR DRAG STRIP USE I AIR THEM DOWN TO 18 PSI.

B.O.L.

SCOTTY G.

Edited by COBRA SCOTTY

IF YOU ARE USING 18 X 9.5 SVT WHEELS LIKE THE ONES ON THE 2007 - 2009 GT500 WITH THE NITTO NT 555R DRAG RADIAL WILL WORK AND IS A GREAT STREET TIRE AND A VERY COMPETITIVE DRAG TIRE. THERE ARE MANY RACERS USING THEM ON THE NMRA DRAG RACING CIRCUT. HERE IS A LINK TO THE NITTO SITE THAT SHOWS THE TIRE SIZE AND THE RIM WIDTH YOU CAN USE AND 9.5 RIM WIDTH IS A GO FOR THE NT555R 305/45/18 LOOK IT UP UNDER THE COMPETITION CATEGORY ON THIS LINK : http://www.nittotire.com/index.html

HOPE THIS HELPS AND BY THE WAY I HAVE 305/45/18 ON MY 709 RWHP GT500 VERT WITH THE STOCK SVT WHEELS , AND FOR STREET USE A TIRE PRESSURE OF 24 - 26 PSI HOOKS GREAT AND FOR DRAG STRIP USE I AIR THEM DOWN TO 18 PSI.

B.O.L.

SCOTTY G.

This is all great and I was knowledgeable on this as well , but my wheels are 19 's not 18's and the nitto you are refering too is not offered in a 19. There 305/40/18 work on this 9.5 cause the nitto runs more narrow then most other tires. So what I really need to know is if the Mickey's run narrow like the nitto s drag radial so I can order these already...

Yes. I feel they run narrow as I stated earlier. I had a chance to play a little on the way home from work. Definetly hooks better than factory goodyears. Car felt twice as fast in first when not spinning(Duh). I did not heat up tire or rev and dump clutch as i would at track.It was like 93 degrees and tires were warm though. From a 5 mph roll I nailed it. No spin at all and holy cow it pulled hard. Shifted to second hard but no power shift. It just barked the tires and hooked. Best of all 2nd gear didnt grind. Guess it helps when tires arnt spinnig. Any other time Ive done this it just results in a forward power slide while modulating throttle off rev limiter. I will say at 75 to 80 mph on interstate it was a little loose going in and out of traffic.

B.O.L.

SCOTTY G.

You do know that typing caps = YELLING

The only people here on the 2010+ section with 18's are the 2010 vert owners and I dont think there is much if any many if any interested in putting drag radials on their factory 18's.

Thanks though

I also though the RTR's were not a good rim choice for us GT500 owners do to the back spacing or offset. Something about them not sticking out enough or something?

Edited by BigDan

The RTRs are offest to outside a little more. Actually looks better on front. MT may not have worked on RTR on rear as they are already about even with quarter lip. Otherwise I think they work fine.

Making some calls to see who can get them here the fastest. Need to get them to the DFW area and there are some in a warehouse in GA and OH....... :rant2:

Here are the 305 35 19 specs right from MT.

outside diameter : 28.0 " tread width 11.2" sectional width 12.2" weight 34 lbs.. stock # 3723 R

Talked to MT today and heres what they recommend for their drag radials.

19 and 20s 32 psi on street. 11-14 psi on track...experiment.

Should not require a long burn out to bring to optimal temp.. As soon as you feel them pulling down rpm your good. No "dry hop".

Talked to MT today and heres what they recommend for their drag radials.

19 and 20s 32 psi on street. 11-14 psi on track...experiment.

Should not require a long burn out to bring to optimal temp.. As soon as you feel them pulling down rpm your good. No "dry hop".

M/T recommends an initial (when brand new) heating of their drag tires (a good long smokey burnout) before optimal traction can be obtained. After that I found a short burnout at the track was fine with the M/T drag radials I've used. :shift:

Edited by Cdvision

Talked to a tec at mickey Thomson the other day and he said 100 percent not to put that 305 on a 9.5 inch wheel, he said it may look fine and dandy but your causing major damage to the tires and they will crack eventually , also your footprint of the tire is being compromised and your not getting the true potential of the tire. And the most important reason given was that your putting yourself in potential danger....So as great of news this was with the O.P. putting these on his 19 x 9.5 wheels , I think I'll do it the right and safe way and get the 2011 svt wheels in 19 x 10 from cj pony parts or another custom wheel and then pick up the nitto's or MT,,,,,good luck all with your traction issues.....

Interesting. I definitely see how the wider wheel would allow for a better footprint. My info came straight from MT engineering. I guess its like everything else....Its according to who you talk to.