DKShelbyGT500

Tires/Shelby Super Snake Wheels Alcoa

Looking at picking up some tires for the Shelby....

Here is what I am looking at:

Continental ExtremeContact DWS

(Read a few reviews, and peaked my interest)

or

BF Goodrich g-Force T/A KDW NT.

(I've had these before liked them a lot, when I had my 03 Cobra.)

Who has the best deal on Tires? Discount or Tirerack...or anyone else out there.

Chime in, looking to put my Alcoa Super Snakes on the car.

20x9 Front

20x10 Rear

What is the best Tire fitment without rubbing the wheel wells? My 2011 is the stock ride height. No plans to lower it.

Thanks in advance.

Darryl

I'm running Toyo proxy 4 on my SS wheels. So far I like them a lot :speedie:

What tire size did you go with...and post up a picture...if you get a chance.

Thanks.

I ended up with the HANKOOK VENTUS V12 EVO K110

Front 255/35/20

Rear 285/30/20

Super Snake Alcoa Wheels will be here on 21 Sep 2011 according to the tracking numbers. YES!!!! :shift:

Darryl :happy feet:

Edited by DKShelbyGT500
  • Like 1

recommended sizes for those wheels(with their specific offset) are 255/35 & 275/35.......I assume 285/30 or 295/30 would fit in the rear also, but they "may" stick out a bit because of the ss alcoa's offset......

I just bought a package from Cruisin Concepts in 255/35ZR20 (F) ® in 285/30/ZR20 Nitto 555 Extremes.

I wasnt happy with the 30 profile on the rear, so I'm sending them back and opting for the 255/35ZR-20

295/35ZR-20 in NITT INVO's.

Heres what she looks like with the 555's.

post-26299-0-41682300-1317254354_thumb.jpg

post-26299-0-41682300-1317254354_thumb.jpg

Edited by Spectre500

I put on:

20X9 - 255/35ZR20 Nitto Invos

20X10 - 295/35ZR20 Nitto Invos

With the GT500 Super Snake wheels. I think they look good.

Rudy

city.JPG

Edited by 10SHELBY

Anyone have photos of the alcoa wheels on a Vista Blue Shelby , Wifey wants to see what they look like before I order them.

Please hurry before she changes her mind about letting me order them.

Edited by shelby001

Sorry about Dp

Edited by shelby001

Today, I decided to go with the Continental Extreme Contact DWS tires. 255/35/R20 front and 275/35/R20 rears with the Alcoa Super Snake type wheel.

Edited by jdaallen

To the original poster. I have Continental ExtremeContact DW on my other ride (Audi S4) and am very satisfied. Smooth ride, very quiet and nice grip at a reasonable price. If i'm not mistaken, the DWS is the all season version while the DW is a summer only tire.

That being said, I decided to order Alcoas with Toyo Proxes 4 (another tire I previously had on my Audi), 255/35/R20 front and 295/30/R20 rears . I ordered the package from Cruizin Concept also.

To the original poster. I have Continental ExtremeContact DW on my other ride (Audi S4) and am very satisfied. Smooth ride, very quiet and nice grip at a reasonable price. If i'm not mistaken, the DWS is the all season version while the DW is a summer only tire.

That being said, I decided to order Alcoas with Toyo Proxes 4 (another tire I previously had on my Audi), 255/35/R20 front and 295/30/R20 rears . I ordered the package from Cruizin Concept also.

Let us knwo how that Curizin Concepts deal works. Some people have had no problems, others have had what can only be described a horrible issues. What did the entire package run (if you don't mind me asking)?

Let us knwo how that Curizin Concepts deal works. Some people have had no problems, others have had what can only be described a horrible issues. What did the entire package run (if you don't mind me asking)?

Package runs for $3000 plus shipping (I believe that they offer free shipping in the US but I'm in Canada). Total cost with shipping is $3340. This is a good deal considering the cost of similar tires where I live. I purchased similar Toyos but in a much smaller size (225/45/17) for my Audi 3 years ago and they were around $250 each. With 20's, I would expect at least $1,500 plus taxes for a set of Proxes 4. The other reason why I made the move is that I saw another thread where a member ordered the same package (same Toyo tires) and had no rubbing issues whatsoever , even with the Ford Racing lowering kit, which I plan to add also.

I haven't received them yet and I may not be able to give you an update for awhile. My car is stored from November to April (lost of snow up here) and I didn't plan to instal them until next spring. I'm making the move now only because of the fact that Alcoas are being discontinued and Canadian dollar starting to take a nosedive recently (don't want to wait until it drops too much). Otherwise, I would have waited until next spring to order.

Edited by YZD263

Package runs for $3000 plus shipping (I believe that they offer free shipping in the US but I'm in Canada). Total cost with shipping is $3340. This is a good deal considering the cost of similar tires where I live. I purchased similar Toyos but in a much smaller size (225/45/17) for my Audi 3 years ago and they were around $250 each. With 20's, I would expect at least $1,500 plus taxes for a set of Proxes 4. The other reason why I made the move is that I saw another thread where a member ordered the same package (same Toyo tires) and had no rubbing issues whatsoever , even with the Ford Racing lowering kit, which I plan to add also.

I haven't received them yet and I may not be able to give you an update for awhile. My car is stored from November to April (lost of snow up here) and I didn't plan to instal them until next spring. I'm making the move now only because of the fact that Alcoas are being discontinued and Canadian dollar starting to take a nosedive recently (don't want to wait until it drops too much). Otherwise, I would have waited until next spring to order.

Hi Eric I ordered my Alcoas through Sean Hyland here in Woodstock not much difference in price after you figure the shipping & duty. I believe he ordered several sets for stock. Not sure what tire to go with yet.

Edited by shelby001

Hi Eric I ordered my Alcoas through Sean Hyland here in Woodstock not much difference in price after you figure the shipping & duty. I believe he ordered several sets for stock. Not sure what tire to go with yet.

Hi Jim, I agree with you that the difference is minimal if we're talking buying the rims only. The savings are really on the tires. Add to that the fact that I have a positive past experience with that type of tire before, and that's why I made the move. Otherwise, I would have bought from Sean Hyland too. I also visited their website before I placed my order. Wheels alone were roughly the same price. I will let you know how I like the Toyos on the Shelby but it will probably have to wait until next spring.

Hi Jim, I agree with you that the difference is minimal if we're talking buying the rims only. The savings are really on the tires. Add to that the fact that I have a positive past experience with that type of tire before, and that's why I made the move. Otherwise, I would have bought from Sean Hyland too. I also visited their website before I placed my order. Wheels alone were roughly the same price. I will let you know how I like the Toyos on the Shelby but it will probably have to wait until next spring.

Eric

Yeah that s a good deal with rims & tires . What size did you go with?

Are the Alcoa rims really being discontinued? I find that hard to believe.

Not "being discontinued", they have allready been discontinued. Shelby Performance Parts bought out Alcoa's remaining inventory so they say.

Got me a new set............... happy%20feet.gif .

Your Vista Blue Shelby is going to look fantastic with the SS wheels Jim.

Eric

Yeah that s a good deal with rims & tires . What size did you go with?

255/35/20 Front 295/30/20 Rear. I saw that exact same package on a car just like mine in the thread below, which reinforced my decision to go with the Alcoa and buy the tire combo. Before that, I was under the impression that you could go no wider than 275 with a car that's lowered, which is narrower than stock. Besides, I wanted to use the stock Alcoa wheels rather than have them widen. 295/30/20 seems like a nice compromise that fits the standard Alcoas without rubbing.

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php?/topic/62066-20-alcoas-and-toyo-tires-on-my-2008-gt500/page__p__1055555__fromsearch__1#entry1055555

10Shelby, Do you get any rubbing on the rear tires under hard cornering?

Nope and it has been lowered using Ford Racing springs.

Rudy

Nope and it has been lowered using Ford Racing springs.

Rudy

Sweet good to hear! I have foose rims on now with 315/35/20 on and they rub ever so slightly on very hard cornering. BUT, I also have to shelby/ eibach coil overs and i think they were adjusted to the lowest height.

Love the wheels. Here is my only problem. Brake calipers. It kills me to have "run of the mill" stock calipers on the rear with nice Brembo's on the front. Any wheel that allows greater visibility of this just irritates me. Cannot believe that SVT did not come up with something a bit better that what we get for stock. I've had Jaguars (R's) and Porsche's that have nice break calipers and wheel combos. Saw a silly Cadillac today with beautiful silver calipers today. I have these cast iron looking things on the rear and it's simply irritating.

Love the wheels. Here is my only problem. Brake calipers. It kills me to have "run of the mill" stock calipers on the rear with nice Brembo's on the front. Any wheel that allows greater visibility of this just irritates me. Cannot believe that SVT did not come up with something a bit better that what we get for stock. I've had Jaguars (R's) and Porsche's that have nice break calipers and wheel combos. Saw a silly Cadillac today with beautiful silver calipers today. I have these cast iron looking things on the rear and it's simply irritating.

I agree. I think I'll paint mine.

Not "being discontinued", they have allready been discontinued. Shelby Performance Parts bought out Alcoa's remaining inventory so they say.

I was almost to pull the trigger and purchase a set but if they are already discontinued I'd rather to wait for the next model......Also I wonder why Shelby Parts doesn't offer them in black powdercoated ...............