rush_junky

Bastrop Texas Wildfire

Dear Shelby GT bethren,

We lost our home and all contents including the '67 mustang and '88 pickup in the fire. We evacuated in my wife's car with our dogs and the Shelby GT.

All of the original Shelby GT parts that I had removed are destroyed. If someone could do me a big favor and look at my mods below and list original parts with market value, it would be very appreciated and would be a big help to us for the insurance claim.

I'm currently busy taking care of other business right now.

Thank you very much !

Ed Rios

Ed, Sorry to hear about your loss.

It is good to know that you and yours are safe.

I'm sure everyone here will chime in with what you need.

I'd love to help but have not replaced anything yet.

I have friends in the same area that I have not been able to

get a hold of.

Clarence

Ed, Sorry to hear about your loss.

It is good to know that you and yours are safe.

I'm sure everyone here will chime in with what you need.

I'd love to help but have not replaced anything yet.

I have friends in the same area that I have not been able to

get a hold of.

Clarence

Thanks Clarence,

I'm sure your friends are safe but not sure of their home. The number of destroyed homes now stands at 1486 and climbing. Two people perished but I don't believe they were in Bastrop. Ed

rush_junky, this is terrible terrible news. I'm glad everyone is safe. You have lost so much.

I have friends down in Austin who narrowly escaped the wrath of this wildfire.

Are you okay on temp lodging? Do you need any help with lodging expense at hotels?

I am prepared to help with that by donating a portion of my many many Hilton Honors points so you could have some free hotel stays. (nights at a hotel like a Hampton, Homewood, or other similar property.....).

PM me if I can help you. I will arrange it all including getting you booked, providing the points certificate to the hotel manager, and everything needed so all you have to do is walk in the hotel property and get your keys.

I am also prepared to drive down from Dallas to provide you with misc items you might need, dog food, other, etc.

rush_junky, this is terrible terrible news. I'm glad everyone is safe. You have lost so much.

I have friends down in Austin who narrowly escaped the wrath of this wildfire.

Are you okay on temp lodging? Do you need any help with lodging expense at hotels?

I am prepared to help with that by donating a portion of my many many Hilton Honors points so you could have some free hotel stays. (nights at a hotel like a Hampton, Homewood, or other similar property.....).

PM me if I can help you. I will arrange it all including getting you booked, providing the points certificate to the hotel manager, and everything needed so all you have to do is walk in the hotel property and get your keys.

I am also prepared to drive down from Dallas to provide you with misc items you might need, dog food, other, etc.

Thank you so much. We are staying with a friend in his nice home. We're looking for rental homes this weekend. We're doing OK. People have been very generous.

Edited by rush_junky

Sorry to hear it man, but glad you guys are safe!

Thank you Jason :)

Sorry to hear about this!!! Wish and everyone effected the best of luck. Hopefully some one will chime in about the parts prices for you.

Sorry to hear about this!!! Wish and everyone effected the best of luck. Hopefully some one will chime in about the parts prices for you.

Jer said his classified ad has most of the parts and he researched the prices. I'm good to go... :)

Sorry to hear hopefully you get all ur money back spent on the cars and house!. Seems like the world is coming to a end *Tornados earthquakes *IN NY?-_-*

Ed,

Glad to hear your on track with Jer's help.

Hopefully they do not de-value the parts too much.

Here in CA it is based on when purchased.

CC

They are still not allowing the insurance adjusters into our area to inspect the damage. There are still hot spots and some trees are burning underground.

I know from an eyewitness that our home is completely destroyed. I'm hoping we don't have to itemize and they just give us the max allowance for the contents. There is too much to forget by itemizing.

As my wife and I have been shopping for clothing, we're always seeing items that were in our house. Out of sight, out of mind.

Thank you everyone,

Ed

P.S. God bless the 9/11 victims and their familes.

They are still not allowing the insurance adjusters into our area to inspect the damage. There are still hot spots and some trees are burning underground.

I know from an eyewitness that our home is completely destroyed. I'm hoping we don't have to itemize and they just give us the max allowance for the contents. There is too much to forget by itemizing.

As my wife and I have been shopping for clothing, we're always seeing items that were in our house. Out of sight, out of mind.

Thank you everyone,

Ed

Here is hoping that the insurance companies do that for everyone. What you're all going through is catastrophic enough.

+1

CC

Sorry to hear that....................hope everything goes better for you and your family.

So sorry to hear of your loss Ed. It's just hard to understand what you might be going through. We have close friends in and around Austin-Bastrop. Please know that there are people praying for you and your family. We pray that you will have a quick resolution to this loss and that you can be strong for the rebuild. Take care.

Today, I received a package from Team Shelby. It had a Shelby GT shirt and cap !! I don't know who sent it but I am so grateful !

God Bless all of you !

Ed

Hey Ed,

SO sorry to hear about your loss. We'll keep you and your family in our prayers.

Anton

Sorry about your loss, our house has been flooded 2x in 3 weeks in NYS. As everyone else has said: families fine, then life is good!!

Keeping you and your family in our thoughts and prayers...jason

I couldn't let you go without some SGT gear

Thank you DeWayne; you and Christine Rock !

Tomorrow we'll be in the rental house ; rental furniture on its way per insurance policy :) They will be paying the house rent too ! :happy feet:

I wish you and your family a speedy recovery from this tragic event.

The main thing is that you and your family are OK. I have been to so many fires in California over the course of my career. It is always so hard to see the devistation that happens and the effects it has on people as they loose all their belongings. Don't be shy to ask for help.

God bless

Thank you DeWayne; you and Christine Rock !

Tomorrow we'll be in the rental house ; rental furniture on its way per insurance policy :) They will be paying the house rent too ! :happy feet:

Great news Ed!!! Keep your eyes on the mail box :happy feet:

Thank you for the kind comments everyone. We're making progress towards normalcy again.

The 1st pic are the four original black Shelby GT bullit wheels that were boxed and stacked. The front picture of the truck shows the molten alloy wheel from the driver's side. The '67 was destroyed as well.

post-23984-0-44415300-1316725297_thumb.jpg

post-23984-0-73755600-1316725313_thumb.jpg

post-23984-0-99152800-1316725349_thumb.jpg

post-23984-0-45593200-1316725364_thumb.jpg

post-23984-0-46203200-1316725392_thumb.jpg

post-23984-0-44415300-1316725297_thumb.jpg

post-23984-0-73755600-1316725313_thumb.jpg

post-23984-0-99152800-1316725349_thumb.jpg

post-23984-0-45593200-1316725364_thumb.jpg

post-23984-0-46203200-1316725392_thumb.jpg

Ed, once again, I'm so sorry for your loss.

Hearing about the devastation is one thing.

Seeing the pictures brings it home to reality.

Hopefully as discussed before the insurance

does you right and with the support of friends and

family you can get back on your feet.

In your corner all the way.

Clarence