RogerS

40th. Production

Todd

At a later date the Registry will have this type of build info available, not just for the 40th owners but for owners of all the other Shelby models. SAI management and the Registry team understand the importance that this type of info is to the owners and we are doing our best to accomedate all Shelby owners equally.

Until then keep in mind that many of the 40th cars may be one of one cars because of the low build number and the various options that were availble from both Ford & SAI. This is something I'm sure many owners will appreciate having for their records.

Steve

Thank you Steve!!

Thank you!

Edited by msmap

Dang, it sure has been fun putting my GT500 together over the last four years. But all good things come to an end, and with the production numbers out, the end has arrived. I sure do appreciate Shelby giving me this opportunity at a perfect time in my life. I was a sucker from day one for limited editions and it all started with the Red Appearance package. Only a few weeks after having her home, I signed up for #2 edition, the 40th Anniversary package. I was in the first group called after the 15 party cars, and very fortunate to get CSM #67, the birth year of the GT 500. There was no CSM 1967 because the package was limited to 1,000 at the time. Bud and Cynthia helped me get the Shelby management, including Mr. Shelby, to sign a stainless steel radiator cover marking the event. There is one other Red Stripe GT 500 that went with for the 40TH package; that was 07-SHELB, one of the 15 party cars, Jeff's car is black and mine is white. Then came #3, the 427 Package. Having never been to a Nascar race, I just couldn't pass this one up. I had one of the most enjoyable times of my life and got to meet Donnie B, Gary P, Amy, Bud, Cynthia, Adrienne and many TS members. I also met one of the best friends I've ever had, Stngfever (Scott Riley). I would have liked to have meet John Walker but he and his wife had already left Shelby. So there you have it, enjoy the pics. What's your story?

I could have put this post in the 07-09 Gt500 forum or the Red Appearance Edition or the 427 Nascar Edition forums, but my heart and pride has always been here with the 40th Edition which has the best members and by far the best option cars of all the Shelby models. I am also proud to be the co-founder of Team 40th along with Bob (Slabo). In the spring of '07, Amy was on a call-in radio program, I called in and asked if I should keep my red stripes.....she told me to keep them. I can't imagine how boring the last four years would have been had I listened to her!

007_6.jpg

untitled4-1.jpg

IMG_1609.jpg

IMG_0047.jpg

IMG_1056.jpg

IMG_1037.jpg

What we are saying is that there are two convertible builds from Quantum that we have no paperwork for. All we know is their CSM number and that they are convertibles.

There are another two builds that we are waiting on build paperwork for. Once the registry recieves the paperwork for these two cars we will be able to move them to the correct body style & color category.

These four cars are included in the build total of 312 cars.

Steve

I know Steve, I was just funin with you.

Dang, it sure has been fun putting my GT500 together over the last four years. But all good things come to an end, and with the production numbers out, the end has arrived. I sure do appreciate Shelby giving me this opportunity at a perfect time in my life. I was a sucker from day one for limited editions and it all started with the Red Appearance package. Only a few weeks after having her home, I signed up for #2 edition, the 40th Anniversary package. I was in the first group called after the 15 party cars, and very fortunate to get CSM #67, the birth year of the GT 500. There was no CSM 1967 because the package was limited to 1,000 at the time. Bud and Cynthia helped me get the Shelby management, including Mr. Shelby, to sign a stainless steel radiator cover marking the event. There is one other Red Stripe GT 500 that went with for the 40TH package; that was 07-SHELB, one of the 15 party cars, Jeff's car is black and mine is white. Then came #3, the 427 Package. Having never been to a Nascar race, I just couldn't pass this one up. I had one of the most enjoyable times of my life and got to meet Donnie B, Gary P, Amy, Bud, Cynthia, Adrienne and many TS members. I also met one of the best friends I've ever had, Stngfever (Scott Riley). I would have liked to have meet John Walker but he and his wife had already left Shelby. So there you have it, enjoy the pics. What's your story?

I could have put this post in the 07-09 Gt500 forum or the Red Appearance Edition or the 427 Nascar Edition forums, but my heart and pride has always been here with the 40th Edition which has the best members and by far the best option cars of all the Shelby models. I am also proud to be the co-founder of Team 40th along with Bob (Slabo). In the spring of '07, Amy was on a call-in radio program, I called in and asked if I should keep my red stripes.....she told me to keep them. I can't imagine how boring the last four years would have been had I listened to her!

Great story and I love the transformation! Awesome looking car!!!

Was it a pace car at the Shelby 427 as well?.........Too cool!

Great stuff Don! Car is looking sweet!!

07redgt500 - Bob Gleason wins!

WOW! I've been at Terlingua the past five days and the big announcement was made. Great job SA. I have just had the chance to catch up.

Great job Bob. PM me with your size and CSM number.

312 is a great number since the program started with 1,000, then went to 500, and ended at 300. Pretty good job. I would be interrested in seeing how many folks signed up in the month of December.

WOW! I've been at Terlingua the past five days and the big announcement was made. Great job SA. I have just had the chance to catch up.

312 is a great number since the program started with 1,000, then went to 500, and ended at 300. Pretty good job. I would be interrested in seeing how many folks signed up in the month of December.

You see only half of it, :punched::censored: Friday was an interesting and fun day, the attic door was wide open and we gave the neighbors something talk about. First time in a long time I was on the forum all day.

+1 happy%20feet.gif What a great way to get the production numbers.

Thanks SA..................well worth the wait. :beerchug:

You see only half of it, :punched::censored: Friday was an interesting and fun day, the attic door was wide open and we gave the neighbors something talk about. First time in a long time I was on the forum all day.

I did see where some things were deleted. Hmmmm.

I would be interrested in seeing how many folks signed up in the month of December.

I signed up on Dec 31st at 6:21 pm EST.

Keith

07XL0235

Keith

07XL0235

NICE.............. :rockon:

Makes it easy to remember when you took the plunge...............New Years Eve. happy%20feet.gif

Keith

07XL0235

Keith

I think there has to be several others in the month of Dec. Congrats on joining the club of "All others came after"

Just purchased 1 of 7 Blue with 725 HP KB. :yahoo:

Congrats Blondie, you have one rare serpent there.

Welcome to "the attic"!

Any update on the missing 4? I saw #131 this morning!

What is the breakdown for the 15 cars at the "Party of 15"? There is in my radar #2 of 15. Vert, black w/black.....hw much would be the reasonable price?

Hey all,

I was reading through this forum and noticed GT67 acknowledge a 40th Anniversary prototype. The folks at Shelby have been extremely reluctant to talk about it, essentially denying it exists. I know it does, cause it sits in my garage, 07XL000X, as it is clearly stamped into door sill plates. Does anyone on this forum know anything about this car? The quick story I have pieced together is the car was used to prototype things like guages, splitter, insignia, razors, sill plates, and some other appearance things, then somehow ended up being raffled off for his children's charity, though it was never acknowledged to be a prototype. When I did speak to a few Shelby folks, they acted like the car shouldn't have left the shop with the prototype gear on it, but somehow it did. The winner immediately consigned the vehicle to BJ, and that is where I got it. What I am curious about is whether there is some story of how it got to be raffled off. It is hard for me to believe they just decided to raffle of the car used to prototype the 40th Anniversary while leaving all the prototype gear on the car. It is pretty fun comparing the prototype to production. Lots of little differences you wouldn't see unless you had the two side by side. Apprciate any info anyone has.

Thanks much.

Edited by frankc5601

Hey all,

I was reading through this forum and noticed GT67 acknowledge a 40th Anniversary prototype. The folks at Shelby have been extremely reluctant to talk about it, essentially denying it exists. I know it does, cause it sits in my garage, 07XL0XXX, as it is clearly stamped into door sill plates. Does anyone on this forum know anything about this car? The quick story I have pieced together is the car was used to prototype things like guages, splitter, insignia, razors, sill plates, and some other appearance things, then somehow ended up being raffled off for his children's charity, though it was never acknowledged to be a prototype. When I did speak to a few Shelby folks, they acted like the car shouldn't have left the shop with the prototype gear on it, but somehow it did. The winner immediately consigned the vehicle to BJ, and that is where I got it. What I am curious about is whether there is some story of how it got to be raffled off. It is hard for me to believe they just decided to raffle of the car used to prototype the 40th Anniversary while leaving all the prototype gear on the car. It is pretty fun comparing the prototype to production. Lots of little differences you wouldn't see unless you had the two side by side. Apprciate any info anyone has.

Thanks much.

Lucky you, bud. I guess it wasn't scrapped since it's a post title vehicle and to scrap it would be silly. Most prototypes are scrapped since they could never be street legal. I wouldn't change anything on that car since it's so unique. By the pic - it looks as though you don't have the Eibach lowered suspension. I would even leave that alone. If there were a way of getting the build design from SAA - that would be exceptional.

Hey all,

I was reading through this forum and noticed GT67 acknowledge a 40th Anniversary prototype. The folks at Shelby have been extremely reluctant to talk about it, essentially denying it exists. I know it does, cause it sits in my garage, 07XL000X, as it is clearly stamped into door sill plates. Does anyone on this forum know anything about this car? The quick story I have pieced together is the car was used to prototype things like guages, splitter, insignia, razors, sill plates, and some other appearance things, then somehow ended up being raffled off for his children's charity, though it was never acknowledged to be a prototype. When I did speak to a few Shelby folks, they acted like the car shouldn't have left the shop with the prototype gear on it, but somehow it did. The winner immediately consigned the vehicle to BJ, and that is where I got it. What I am curious about is whether there is some story of how it got to be raffled off. It is hard for me to believe they just decided to raffle of the car used to prototype the 40th Anniversary while leaving all the prototype gear on the car. It is pretty fun comparing the prototype to production. Lots of little differences you wouldn't see unless you had the two side by side. Apprciate any info anyone has.

Thanks much.

Sent a PM

Lucky you, bud. I guess it wasn't scrapped since it's a post title vehicle and to scrap it would be silly. Most prototypes are scrapped since they could never be street legal. I wouldn't change anything on that car since it's so unique. By the pic - it looks as though you don't have the Eibach lowered suspension. I would even leave that alone. If there were a way of getting the build design from SAA - that would be exceptional.

It appears to me that they really didn't have any specific build sheet. It looks to me as though they had the car in the shop, and just tried different things on it. For example, the center cluster gauges are carbon fiber, but standard AutoMeter gauges, not Carroll Shelby guages. The boost guage has vacuum and boost on it, where final production only has boost. The inside door handles have the Snake logo on them, and the 40th did not. Of course, it has a white stripe, and the 40th all had silver. Even some of the 40th Anniversay side badging has different font and finish than the final production vehicles. And don't believe they did suspension changes, but need to get under it again to confirm. And you said it, absolutely no mods to the car. It is exactly as it came to me. Haven't changed a thing, including the rubber than came with on it. Put about 1400 miles in 4 years plus, but less than 2000 on it to date. Though you have to drive a car like that once in a while.

It appears to me that they really didn't have any specific build sheet. It looks to me as though they had the car in the shop, and just tried different things on it. For example, the center cluster gauges are carbon fiber, but standard AutoMeter gauges, not Carroll Shelby guages. The boost guage has vacuum and boost on it, where final production only has boost. The inside door handles have the Snake logo on them, and the 40th did not. Of course, it has a white stripe, and the 40th all had silver. Even some of the 40th Anniversay side badging has different font and finish than the final production vehicles. And don't believe they did suspension changes, but need to get under it again to confirm. And you said it, absolutely no mods to the car. It is exactly as it came to me. Haven't changed a thing, including the rubber than came with on it. Put about 1400 miles in 4 years plus, but less than 2000 on it to date. Though you have to drive a car like that once in a while.

Interesting stuff. I had no idea this car existed. Thanks for sharing.

Hey all,

Thanks much.

I believe that some of the 40th Anniversary cars will be the most collectable Shelby of all the different models. I won't say which ones in particular because I might leave someone out, but we do have many first, one of, exclusive, first post title Shelby and our own private party with the creator, Mr Shelby. Frank you are very fortunate to have one of them. This prototype has found its way to the perfect home with maybe two exceptions, Steve Davis ( 07XL0001 ) and Ron Pratt, Frank you are in very good company, congratulations.

This car is so special is why I put it n the '' Who Has What" list a long time ago as the most unique 40th. Wish you could have brought that beauty to Carlisle last Spring. I'm going to add a few more categories later this week to the "Who list".

LineofCars3-1.jpg

61686_Front_3-4_T.jpg

Lot Number: 1340

Don

I believe that some of the 40th Anniversary cars will be the most collectable Shelby of all the different models. I won't say which ones in particular because I might leave someone out, but we do have many first, one of, exclusive, first post title Shelby and our own private party with the creator, Mr Shelby. Frank you are very fortunate to have one of them. This prototype has found its way to the perfect home with maybe two exceptions, Steve Davis ( 07XL0001 ) and Ron Pratt, Frank you are in very good company, congratulations.

This car is so special is why I put it n the '' Who Has What" list a long time ago as the most unique 40th. Wish you could have brought that beauty to Carlisle last Spring. I'm going to add a few more categories later this week to the "Who list".

LineofCars3-1.jpg

61686_Front_3-4_T.jpg

Lot Number: 1340

Don

Hey Don,

Thanks for the information. Where do I find the "Who has what" list? Would love to have a copy of that. Thanks for the pics guys. I have both the pics posted to date, with my collection of documentaion, plus notes from interview with Gary, the guy who won the car, plus some criptic notes when I spoke with Gary and Gary, of Shelby America, at Mid American in 2008, who both more or less denied it existed, then stated it was never suppose to leave the shop with the 40th stuff on it, who then said "watch those sill plates real close, there not hard to take off!", and then finally said with a smile "we aren't allowed to talk about it, but consider yourself lucky"!

I really thought Steve Davis or Ron Pratt would pick up the car at the BJ auction, but instead of hitting the block at 9 pm Saturday as planned, it hit the block at 11 pm Saturday. Live TV had shut down at 9 or 10 pm, and when it did, 3/4 of the bidding crowd left for the after parties. I was one of the few who hung around, lucky for me! On top of that, I don't think many people knew the significance of the car or that it even existed, and not many do now. For now, it stays safe and sound in my garage, under cover, temperature controlled, waiting for an occasional drive like today!!! Thanks again guys for the info. Greatly appreciated.

Frank

Frank,

Nice story about your car. How does it drive? I had the original rubber on mine until recently. Alex has replaced them because they were so hard, and had flat spots. The ride was terrible.

All the best...

Rick