RogerS

40th. Production

Frank,

Nice story about your car. How does it drive? I had the original rubber on mine until recently. Alex has replaced them because they were so hard, and had flat spots. The ride was terrible.

All the best...

Rick

Hey Rick,

All in all, it rides pretty good. Since it sits so much, when I first take it out, it rides a bit rough, but when the tires get warm, the flat spots come out, and all is well. With less than 2000 miles, the tires are like new, but I know the rule of thumb is longer than 5 years, they should be replaced.

Best,

Frank

Frank,

Great story and perfect timing to share! I just got back from visiting SAI for the first time. Always grateful to hear about the 40th cars.

Funny thing at SAI, as I walked around the museum I looked for anything mentioning the 40th and I could not find it. That is until l walked in to the men's restroom, there it was; a poster of a 40th vert. Lol

Frank,

Great story and perfect timing to share! I just got back from visiting SAI for the first time. Always grateful to hear about the 40th cars.

Funny thing at SAI, as I walked around the museum I looked for anything mentioning the 40th and I could not find it. That is until l walked in to the men's restroom, there it was; a poster of a 40th vert. Lol

Get used to it. Haha

Frank,

That car would be Mike Stacy's and if you go into the women's rest room, you will see another 40th, which is mine. Both were party of 15. Kind of weird that we only in up i the rest room? Edited by cobrafan

That car would be Mike Stacy's and if you go into the women's rest room, you will see another 40th, which is mine. Both were party of 15. Kind of weird that we only in up i the rest room?

Don, we got a little better than restroom exposure last March when mine was blessed with a spot on the floor of the museum for the 50th Bash, all be it only for about a month. :shrug:

For What It's Worth:

I did some insurance changes this summer and went with Hagerty for my 40th. I had quite a bit of documenting to do, with their underwriters, to justify the value I was requesting for my car. Obviously, no one knew anything about the 40th Package let alone the "Party Of 15". Well they do now and Hagerty acknowledged the program, the "Party of 15", and accepted my valuation for coverage.

• Like 1

Frank,

Hmmm,

We've moved from the attic to the men's bathroom...

Could that be S/A's idea of an upgrade???

"Movin on down"???

That car would be Mike Stacy's and if you go into the women's rest room, you will see another 40th, which is mine. Both were party of 15. Kind of weird that we only in up i the rest room?

shelbyamerican2012024.jpg

Sorry, I didn't venture into the ladies bathroom

Sorry, I didn't venture into the ladies bathroom

How was it again that Don determined that his poster was in the ladies restroom???

It's sad as to the lengths that we must go to find support for our cars.

Sorry, this is the first time that I saw this post. I have a 40th with the 427 package. Car is in Nebraska.

That's an easy one, and one that we could have answered for you earlier but you didn't ask http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/public/style_emoticons/#EMO_DIR#/smile.gif There were four 40th Anniversary cars that had the 427 package.

And just an FYI. Those two unknown cars are not missing but are mod shop builds that we are obtaining paperwork for. Once I have the build paperwork I can change the status of these two cars from unknown and move them into the appropriate category. So keep in mind that the colors, body style and option columns will change at a later date when these two unknown cars are moved to the permanent category.

Steve

Mineeeeee :-)

See my avatar

Gerry, it was a fantastic moment, one I never thought I would get to experience :-)

Edited by msmap

I'll never forget that morning either. Mr. Shelby wanted a silver sharpie for signing the air bag covers and nobody had one. I was standing nearby and handed him one.

• Like 1

I own CSM07XL0215, which is Torch Red 1 of 20 stock HP coupes. It's a great car with only 31,00K original miles.

I own CSM07XL0215, which is Torch Red 1 of 20 stock HP coupes. It's a great car with only 31,00K original miles.

Welcome to the forum! Post up some pics of your 40th

Welcome Flynn!! Good group to be a part of for sure. Where in Mountain Region are you?

Welcome flynn. Cool and rare car you have indeed. :victory:

• Like 1

Thanks for the welcome. I found out a previous owner had the racing stripes removed. Everything else is stock.