RobParrinello

Recently Purchased 2007 GT500 issues! please help

I just bought a 07 GT500 just under 3 weeks ago.. i was driving up the highway at about 40 MPH when i switched into 4th gear. as my car approached 2000 rpms and i was giving it gas getting ready to shift into 5th , as soon at the car hit 2300 rpms the rpm meter shot up and hit the redline.. i thought i hit the shifter out of gear but as i looked down it was still in 4th.. now in every gear as it approaches the same spot it does the same. like the gears r slipping.. I bought this car from smaller dealer... since i live in Mass, there is a 90 day lemon law... Ive been reading up on this issue and have been seeing a boat load of clutch slipping issues with these cars... since just purchased and that is the issue with the vehicle, is the dealership obligated to fix this issue for me since i have the lemon law on my side? help and thoughts would be appreciated. thank you all

All depends if you bought it from a Ford dealer, then yes they should fix it as that is the right thing to do, customer service wise. Not a Ford dealer you might be SOL. Also, check the lemon law, one does not apply to used vehicles normally.

I think you have the dreaded clutch problem that plagued so many 07s including mine. Some guys had their clutch replaced entirely at no cost, some had to pay full cost (and if this is the case many advise an aftermarket clutch) and some like myself got their local Ford dealer to at least split the difference as this is a design flaw. There are several forums, especially those connect to Grabber, with lots of info on this. Good luck.

You need a new clutch, flywheel, pilot bearing and CSC.

You have this problem:

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php?/topic/53664-4th-revision-the-new-revised-clutch-tsb-10-3-8/page__view__findpost__p__910167

Since you are most likely looking at having to pay for this yourself....go after market and save some big bucks.

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php?/topic/70294-spec-ss-trim-twin-disc-clutch-kit-and-flywheel/page__view__findpost__p__1203045__fromsearch__1

All depends if you bought it from a Ford dealer, then yes they should fix it as that is the right thing to do, customer service wise. Not a Ford dealer you might be SOL. Also, check the lemon law, one does not apply to used vehicles normally.

RobParrinello,

If you bought it from a Ford dealer... you might be in luck. If not, discuss it with the dealer you bought it from. If they refuse to repair it, or cover a substantial portion of the cost of repair, paint a sign and picket in front of the dealer so other would be buyers know how they "treat" their customers.

Edit for spelling...

Edited by SVT NAJA

I purchased mine from Mazda dealership a few weeks ago and mine is in the ford shop now getting the TSB covered under warranty. Mine has 13k miles. I would still take it by a ford dealership with the TSB printed out and see what they say.

• Like 1

Or avoid all hassels with Ford clutches and just go after market. Alot of very good clutches out there.

I hope you have better luck than I do. It seems like every time I turn around something is breaking on my 07 Shelby GT500, which for me really sucks because it stays in the garage most of the time. It only has a little over 20k miles on it!! To date, both front wheel bearings have gone out, the super charger has locked up!!! the wheel band sensors ( twice! ), and just as your describing my clutch went out!!! The most recent thing to happen is the left front wheel bearing ( again ). This time it will be fixed on my dollar!!! hope you have better luck than me, with what is suppose to be one of fords top cars.

Don't get me wrong, I love my car, but for as much as I get to drive vs how much I've had to get it fixed is very frustrating. If I had to do it over again ( out of warranty ) I would go after market no questions asked

• Like 1

I hope you have better luck than I do. It seems like every time I turn around something is breaking on my 07 Shelby GT500, which for me really sucks because it stays in the garage most of the time. It only has a little over 20k miles on it!! To date, both front wheel bearings have gone out, the super charger has locked up!!! the wheel band sensors ( twice! ), and just as your describing my clutch went out!!! The most recent thing to happen is the left front wheel bearing ( again ). This time it will be fixed on my dollar!!! hope you have better luck than me, with what is suppose to be one of fords top cars.

Don't get me wrong, I love my car, but for as much as I get to drive vs how much I've had to get it fixed is very frustrating. If I had to do it over again ( out of warranty ) I would go after market no questions asked

I've had problems with bearings on several of my Fords. The problem is not limited just to Mustangs. I think Ford has been using some crappy Chinese bearing supplier. Every time I replace bearings, I don't buy OEM. I get a Timken.

I've had problems with bearings on several of my Fords. The problem is not limited just to Mustangs. I think Ford has been using some crappy Chinese bearing supplier. Every time I replace bearings, I don't buy OEM. I get a Timken.

Not just Ford but Chevy is having issues as well at least on the newer trucks. Before I bought my 2011 Raptor because of the 3rd rear main on my 2009 Chevy the bearing in the front had been replaced as well along with a broken wrist pin bushing in #8!!!

Sorry to drag up an old topic but I am having an almost identical problem and I wanted advised prior to taking the vehicle to the shop. My car is a 2007 but is still under warranty because it was not titled until 09/2009 and I want to have my issue fixed prior to the warranty running out. I am having an issue with the car revving to redline anytime I accelerate above about 2500rpm or go to WOT. I am not having the problems described under the TSB but I am obviously having a clutch issue. The car has 25k miles BTW. Thanks

Hey emt my best advice is to read up on grabbers thread. Print out ALL the tsb's and take them with you. They will try to tell you the tab is atranny issue. That's BS. The root cause is the clutch. My car went to a ford corporate level engineer (or so I was told) if u have your info. Know what u r talking about they should fix it. Mine was a battle but it got done. Keep me updated or pm me. Grabber is a wealth of knowledge take advantage of it. He's a hell of a help. Good l

uck buddy

vandy

So the car is at the dealership now and they are already starting the process of screwing me. The guy I was dealing with did not even bother to do anything on the car even though I dropped it off at 8 am and didnt call till right before 5. He had no knowledge of any TSB and is already quoting ridiculous numbers (3400 dollars) to replace a clutch that he thinks is my fault not even having seen the car (because again, they did nothing). This is going to be a real headache.

Is your car still within the 5 year 50,000 mile warranty? If so you should have a chance for the tsb repair at Ford's expense. If it's still under warranty and the first dealer won't help, I'd suggest you try another dealer or two. If you can't get help from a dealer, call the Ford customer relations line and file a complaint. You can also try the Ford/BBB arbitration process. It's in the owners manual. Personally, I wouldn't use one of Ford's clutches anyway.

Yes I am definitely still within warranty because the car wasnt titled until 09/2009, so at least I am good there. I will be calling Ford first thing in the morning to stop this before it gets to be a huge PITA and get the ball rolling in the right direction. Thanks fo all the tips guys. I will keep you guys updated.

I'd print out all the tsbs and slap them on his desk. They will. Tell you they don't have access to any but the latest one. PUSH THE ISSUE. Like I said mine went to corporate level before the guy said fix it! F the 3500. There is a stock (maybe newer version) of the flywheel/clutch in the for sales. U can get a nice aftermarket setup for that or less installed

Ask the dealer to run an Oasis report for your car. After being run there is a section that allows you to run a Basic part number. In your case it is 6375, this is the basic number for the failed part. For this TSB it's the flywheel, which is covered in most cases 3/50. The TSB is 10-03-08... if you want you can post your VIN or p/M me and I will run it for you. If it comes back covered they will have no choice other than to repair it.

Let us know what happens

Ted

Clutch went out on my 2008 GT500 in 2010 at 18k miles. Normally, clutches are not warrantied beyond 12 months because of the potential for abuse, but upon inspection, Ford ruled that my premature wear was caused by flywheel deformation, so they replaced the clutch/flywheel system under the 5/50 drivetrain warranty. They replaced it with a 2010 model which is bigger, beefier, and smoother. So far, at 24k miles, I am very pleased with the 2010 GT500 clutch/flywheel... and the price was right.