• Announcements

• Staff

ABOUT TEAM SHELBY   01/01/2007

Member Benefits:   First, there's the Team Shelby swag. No other club packs your membership kit with more than Team Shelby! Whether you are a renewing member or new to the “family” of Shelby enthusiast worldwide, our goal is to help you enjoy a high-octane lifestyle!   From a Unique Membership Card, Shelby Annual Magazine, Team Shelby Hat, Collector Coin, Team Shelby T-Shirt, Windshield Cling, Team Shelby License Plate Frame, Lapel Pin and Magnet, the contents of your Team Shelby Membership Kit more than pay for your membership alone!   In addition, your membership includes:   Exclusive Access to Team Shelby Member Forums.   10% discounts at Carroll Shelby's Stores in Las Vegas and Los Angeles.   Driving Experiences.   Invitations to Exclusive Team Shelby Member Events.   Insider information from Shelby American.   Affiliate Partner Discounts.   Updated February 16, 2017. Team Shelby Club 2018 Team Shelby Membership Kit Please note that membership contents are subject to change.   Team Shelby was designed and engineered by real enthusiasts inside and out of Shelby.   Team Shelby was originally formed in 2008 by Carroll Shelby. He wanted to create a club for people to truly enjoy their cars. He knew the world had changed, and he wanted his companies to meet the needs of the new generation of Shelby owners. His vision was to knit together those people with the owners of early Shelby's and give everyone fun new ways to experience their high performance vehicles.   Mr. Shelby imagined a place where owners could talk about their latest conquests at the track, swap stories, share photos and learn new ways to hot rod their cars! He wanted to link all of the enthusiasts into one "dream garage"... thus, Team Shelby was born!   Team Shelby has many free, open access forums, news sections and member only areas dedicated to the community.   In addition, Team Shelby has a full series of events for 2018, which include VIP Experiences, track days, National & Regional gatherings, cruises, car shows and more! Ownership of a Shelby is not required to be a member. The club is dedicated to serving all Shelby enthusiasts past and present including those that own cars built in the 1960's and Shelby Dodges too! Carroll Shelby (Team Shelby Member #001) said: "We built Team Shelby for anyone who is passionate about Shelby cars! We’ll have a blast and we'll do it the Shelby way!   Yearly Membership Rates   U.S. $49.99 | Canada & Mexico $59.99 | E.U., others $65.99   Join the Team Shelby Club   click here to choose a Team Shelby Club subscription package.   Membership Kit Arrival   Your Team Shelby Club membership kit and I.D.card will generally arrive within 6-8 weeks.   Need Help?   Email Brianna:  e-mail her here.
    • ForumAdmin

Having Problems Logging In To Team Shelby ?   02/12/2018

If you are having a problem logging in to Team Shelby since the software change made last December/January please send an email to bfawn@shelby.com  Please include your real name and Team Shelby user id in this email so that we may look into what the problem might be. Thank you.

Going to be changing the hood on my 07 over the winter. Any suggestions and also what does everyone have on theres. Have enjoyed it since I have owned it but look forward to doing a lot more serious drag racing next year. Also going to add roll bar. Pictures would really help ! thanks

Marv, if your car has a white hood and factory paint, no paintwork that is, I will buy it from you if you want to sell it, i dont even need the scoop! ;@)

I just bought a Trufiber RTF hood. This pic is still just the gel coat. It's getting painted tomorrow. I'm getting all the stripes re-done. Painted Guardsman Blue like the GT350.

1016111351.jpg

1016111351.jpg

Edited by JASPONY

Actually I'm going to keep the stock hood. Was thinking of maybe a 3in cowl hood. I just think they look tough. Anyone have one installed?

Going to be changing the hood on my 07 over the winter. Any suggestions and also what does everyone have on theres. Have enjoyed it since I have owned it but look forward to doing a lot more serious drag racing next year. Also going to add roll bar. Pictures would really help ! thanks

Kaenen 3" cowl hood

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php?/topic/57978-new-hood-fit-and-ready-for-paint/page__st__40

Edited by blueone

I just bought a Trufiber RTF hood. This pic is still just the gel coat. It's getting painted tomorrow. I'm getting all the stripes re-done. Painted Guardsman Blue like the GT350.

yes ,,,Trufiber do make some nice hoods,,here is a picture of my Trufiber hood ,,, 000144-R1-18-17A.jpg

Love that hood and looks great, what vendor did you buy from ? Any pics of undeside of hood ?

Thanks, I bought it from American Muscle, fast and free shipping. No pictures of the underside but I will try and get a couple, the fit and quality of these hoods is outstanding.

http://www.americanmuscle.com/kaenen-cowlhood-0509.html

I went with the Shelby GT-H (CS6) hood as this was an optional hood for the 2007 SGT as offered by SAI. If you want function, then the deep draw Terlingua hood is nice. I'm just partial to keeping it Shelby, and the cowl hoods offered in the aftermarket seem a little over the top for me. It's amazing how the GT-H hood changes the look and profile of the SGT, especially when you add the GT-500 spoiler. Just an opinion, hope you find the "look" your wanting. regards, Larry

• Like 1

Is everything ready for the hood pins? Or how are the pins installed?

You will have to drill the holes for the pin post, sounds bad but not really a big deal. With the Kaenen hood you won't have to relocate your pins. I put a small drop of paint on the tip of the post and eased the hood down to mark the hole locations then drilled a 1/4" pilot hole with a cordless drill set to low rpm with light pressure being careful not to chip the gel coat then I finished with a 3/4" bit from the top down.

Edited by blueone

On the hood pin plates. Did you mount them with the same regular self tapping phillips pan head screws? Or did you use machined stainless or something. The hood looks fantastic! Thanks - Dana

Edited by Dana Holmes

I'm curious how the 3" hood looks with the SGT scoop on it? Blueone, do you happen to have a scoop you can rest on the hood and snap a photo?

Is the scoop functional on this one?

Here is a pic of the hood mine had on it when I got it...I have come to like it, but I would still like to acquire a stock hood if anyone sees one out there for sale!

1097325361_6559r-M.jpg

Sharp looking hood!

I'm sure it draws peoples attention to the car.

Especially seeing it come up in their rear view mirror.

CC

Here is a pic of the hood mine had on it when I got it...I have come to like it, but I would still like to acquire a stock hood if anyone sees one out there for sale!

1097325361_6559r-M.jpg

NICE ! love the look , thinking of the same thing. Taking the stripes off but leaving the rocker stripes.

On the hood pin plates. Did you mount them with the same regular self tapping phillips pan head screws? Or did you use machined stainless or something. The hood looks fantastic! Thanks - Dana

Bought a new set of pins and used the screws that came with it.

I'm curious how the 3" hood looks with the SGT scoop on it? Blueone, do you happen to have a scoop you can rest on the hood and snap a photo?

Sorry, my scoop is still attached to my original hood in storage.

Edited by blueone

Bought a new set of pins and used the screws that came with it.

Yes I thought I would buy a new set of pins also at the same time with the new hood.

It does draw a lot of attention...but so do all of the Shelbys...but it does have a little more menacing look thank stock.

Sharp looking hood!

I'm sure it draws peoples attention to the car.

Especially seeing it come up in their rear view mirror.

CC