Torch40

Hockey 2011 - 2012

In Vancouver to watch the Sharks play the Canucks tomorrow. Enjoyed a great dinner downtown. My first time here, what a great city.

Hopefully Vancouver plays crappy at home day games like the Sharks do. :)

In Vancouver to watch the Sharks play the Canucks tomorrow. Enjoyed a great dinner downtown. My first time here, what a great city.

Hopefully Vancouver plays crappy at home day games like the Sharks do. :)

Niemi let in a softie to lose the game....but Vancouver, my old home town, great memories, and when the sun is shining, one of the best cities in the world...too bad the sun never shines...

what section do you sit in? we could meet up at some game

what part of town do you live in??

pens are definately rolling, we should be unstopable when crosby comes back and everyone is healthy

fleury is turning into the best goalie in the league

Sorry for missing your post, GotSVT. I haven't been to a game yet this year. When they moved to the new arena - I didn't get seats in relation to where I was at the old one. I got moved to the first row of the upper bowl. Seat totally stinks IMO. Last year there was rail obstructing the view - half of the ice surface was blocked! They replaced it with glass this year. But I still just don't like the seating. Going to try to get into the lower bowl for next year. I've been selling all my tickets. Been a season ticket holder for about 14 years now.

I've never seen the endless string of injuries that the Penguins have endured in the past year. Really worried that Crosbys future is in big time doubt. I agree that Fleury has been totally solid all year. They are still getting by through all of this though.

Well I did pick the Canucks last year but I think I jinxed them. The Canucks will make the playoffs but my prediction is that they get knocked out in thesecond round.

Your Stanley Cup final will be the Caps and Sharks.

I just don't see the Caps making it that far - big game tomorrow with the Penguins! Should be excellent. History tells us that the Sharks will lose.

It was a great game except for the final score. We had a blast at the game. Fans were a little quiet as expected for an early afternoon game. They got plenty loud after the game winning goal. :censored:

Awesome win for the Penguins over the capitals today. Malkin with another 3 points. Leads the league by 6 points now. Letang has been an all-star in his return. Wow. Great game except for Ovechkin with the leaving the ice/head hunter hit. Michalek also with a high hit on a capital.

AO gets suspended 3 games for high hit on Michalek. About time. Michalek gets fined for his hit. Letang gets named to all star team.

Penguins take on the blues on Tuesday night. The blues are one of the hottest teams in the league - and have a 21-3-3 record at home! Real test for Malkin and the Pens!

AO gets suspended 3 games for high hit on Michalek. About time. Michalek gets fined for his hit. Letang gets named to all star team.

Penguins take on the blues on Tuesday night. The blues are one of the hottest teams in the league - and have a 21-3-3 record at home! Real test for Malkin and the Pens!

I think fans of pretty much every team can agree that Ovechkin is a psychopath and a cheap shot artist.

Go Blackhawks!

I am a Leafs fan.

but,

my son has a player on his team whose brother plays for the:

KPS_4036.jpg

KPS_4037.jpg

KPS_4039.jpg

Edited by kstrong

I think fans of pretty much every team can agree that Ovechkin is a psychopath and a cheap shot artist.

Go Blackhawks!

+1 on both

Now a week without any true hockey. Ugh. I cannot stomach any of the all-star game crap anymore.

+1 for me to, All-Star games in any sport is dull, dull, dull...

Skills competition is OK, but not going to adjust my schedule to watch

+1 for me to, All-Star games in any sport is dull, dull, dull...Skills competition is OK, but not going to adjust my schedule to watch

I can't even watch the skills either and that "draft" thing that they have now - was just embarrassing. Wow.

I can't even watch the skills either and that "draft" thing that they have now - was just embarrassing. Wow.

I caught the "draft" on a replay on The Hockey Network...I'd say you nailed it with the "embarassing" word, I watched about 7-8 minutes, pretty painfull...

I caught the "draft" on a replay on The Hockey Network...I'd say you nailed it with the "embarassing" word, I watched about 7-8 minutes, pretty painfull...

lol...and I couldn't believe they had a replay of it right after it aired. EKK!

Looks like the Redwings and Leafs in the winter classic next year. I like this match up! I might actually watch this one.

Seems like the dog days of the hockey season now...trade deadline coming up at the end of the month.

Redwings.............19 straight wins at home. Looking to tie the record of 20 tomorrow against the Flyers.

After pounding the collapsing Blackhawks 5-3 on Friday the Sharks are on the road for 9 games. Feb 19th they’ll show up in Detroit. Enjoy the wins while you can Nut. Are you guys still doing the lame octopus throwing thing? :stirpot:

After pounding the collapsing Blackhawks 5-3 on Friday the Sharks are on the road for 9 games. Feb 19th they’ll show up in Detroit. Enjoy the wins while you can Nut. Are you guys still doing the lame octopus throwing thing? :stirpot:

What can I say? The octopus thing is tradition and it sure gets the crowd fired up. That said we are missing our #1 goalie in Howard and all good things end sooner or later.