blondiepa

2007 GT500 40th Anniversary Edition - Worth?

post-35324-0-05019500-1323978996_thumb.jpgpost-35324-0-15528200-1323979105_thumb.jpgpost-35324-0-85940600-1323979110_thumb.jpgpost-35324-0-61629100-1323979112_thumb.jpg

I'm seriously looking to buy my husband this car for Christmas but not know all about this car makes me want to make sure it's all on the up and up before I buy. My questions are how much is it worth and what documentation should come with the car? 1 of 300 produced?

Mods: Carbon Fiber Front Fascia Splitter, Carbon Fiber Mirror Covers, Carbon Fiber Rocker Panels, Shelby Deck Lid Letter Kit, 40th Anniversary Badges, 40th Anniversary Stripes...Shelby Coll Over Suspension/Sway Bars, Borla Exhaust, 20" American Racing Shelby Razors....Shelby Super Snake/Kenne Bell and more.

Thank you for all your information....My husband knows alot of this stuff but as this is going to be a present for Christmas I didn't want to tell him that I'm seriously looking into it. I know he likes the car he showed it to me.

Attached is a pic of the car...Thank you again!!

Car has about 3,500 miles on it.

post-35324-0-05019500-1323978996_thumb.jpg

post-35324-0-15528200-1323979105_thumb.jpg

post-35324-0-85940600-1323979110_thumb.jpg

post-35324-0-61629100-1323979112_thumb.jpg

Edited by blondiepa

That's a steal. That's special since it's a 40th with the SuperSnake upgraded blower. Just be sure it has the matching CSM# tags. One on the dash, one in engine comparment, and the two sill plates. You might even check the Shelby register to match up the VIN#.

Acutally the dealership emailed me the build sheet and it does have the 725 PH upgrade...from the producation numbers I found it makes it 1 of 21 or 1 of 7 in Blue.

How do I look it up on the Shelby register?

Edited by blondiepa

As a fellow 40th owner, I say "go for it!" Definitely consider contacting the Shelby Registry folks to compare/confirm the vehicle VIN and 40th CSM info (just to be safe).

Keith

Ok talked to the registry it is a 40th with the 725 HP SuperSnake upgraded blower. What do you think it's worth?

Edited by blondiepa

Well - again it's a steal at that price.

What is any car worth a few years old? Not much. Any car will depreciate after sale. Even when unique - it then takes many years to increase in value. This car is fairly unique - in a unique line. Tho it will likely be 30 or 40 years before it really appreciates - in my opinion - and I have one. Remember - cars really aren't a good investment. You buy it because you love it.

• Like 1

As all previous posters have mentionned this sounds like a great deal. I say go for it and make your husband happy!

• Like 1

All things positive. But I would want a say in my car. He may have said he liked it. He may have found something he likes better. Or he may still be in love with it. But that's a lot of money to spend on something that is not exactly what he wants. I would tell him what your are going to do. Nice present by the way! :)

Oh trust me he knows about it...I handed him the build sheets. Told him that I verified the car and he was surprised. I had to tell him. We have a pact that anything over $100.00 we talk about it first. Slightly over that amount...lol. Plus it's way too much money to spend and him not like. There are soo many for sale right now. I'm looking at 6 different cars....between stock with almost no miles, KRs, and a few super snakes. This car has the hp of the snake with out the price. It's a sleeper which is cool to me. Just need my husband to say the word and it's his. Think I'm going to put deposit on it Monday.

Has anyone used an enclosed car transport company they can recommend.

He bought me my TA for my 30th birthday so it's only fair. :-)

Edited by blondiepa

Good - appears you've done your homework. You should know the SS gets more the notoriety and name recognition. Understand that's due in part that it's still in production - and for any GT500 model year. The 40th was for 2007 only - and they've stopped production at 312 units. Over time - that should make a difference. Having said all that - if you find a nice KR at a decent price - that would also be something to consider seriously. Tho a clean 40th at this price - that's hard to beat.

GT500flyboy- im noticing the interior on your car is a little different...we're there different interior packages? The one im looking at seems to only have the cobra on back seat not the 40th Ann like yours. Or did he take all the stuff off. Do they send you back all the original parts back, that maybe he exchanged. That and the back emblem on the car I'm looking at does not saw 40th either.

You can order that interior as an option. I think it is also still available if you want to upgrade.

What emblem are you talking about on the rear? The faux gas cap cover? If you are, that should have 40th logos on it.

Yes - the interior is an extra option you can order from Shelby. Mine just happened to be the first. : )

Note the pics in my sig are thumbs - click on them for bigger pic. The rear emblem - I think you're talking about the yellow Terlingua sticker I put on the trunk lid. Just a little addition of my own. You'll notice other things - the 40th license plate cover, the gas cap door...I puked Shelby all over this car...

I would love to know how this dealer ended up with this car. This car is worth as much as any SS and probably more because of the low mileage and production numbers. I'd be willing to bet this car would bring over 65k at the up-coming Barrett Jackson auction. They just don't make them any more and I have never heard of any 725hp 40ths sold.There was talk a while back on another one but never heard if it went through. This could be a first, congrats on this rare find.

Edited by gt67

Yes the Fax gas cap, the build sheet says it should have a 40th Anniversary ring around center of the gas cap, but in the picutes there is nothing...so either it was never installed or seller removed.

You can order that interior as an option. I think it is also still available if you want to upgrade.

What emblem are you talking about on the rear? The faux gas cap cover? If you are, that should have 40th logos on it.

Yes the Fax gas cap, the build sheet says it should have a 40th Anniversary ring around center of the gas cap, but in the picutes there is nothing...so either it was never installed or seller removed.

Holy cow, that car is one great deal!

The "SuperSnake" scripted KB is an exceedingly rare option on the 40th Anniversary. Being the owner of a KB treated 40th myself I can say if you don't buy it "someone" will probably regret it.

As others have mentioned, the interior upgrade is available through "Shelby Performance Parts" and in a variety of color combinations and the price includes installation.

The rear faux gas cap cover was available as an option on the '07 Super Snake but was standard on the 40th even though some mod shops overlooked installing it.

BTW, we respectfully ask that we be allowed to clone you!

• Like 1

Proud owner of a 40th SS, 07SS0079, 1500 miles.

07-1.jpg

Edited by MotorCityDriver
  • Like 1

Your not the first to ask about cloning me. I made a verbal offer on car, just waiting for reply.

Question...when you order the packages from Shelby America do they send the original parts back with the car?

Holy cow, that car is one great deal!

The "SuperSnake" scripted KB is an exceedingly rare option on the 40th Anniversary. Being the owner of a KB treated 40th myself I can say if you don't buy it "someone" will probably regret it.

As others have mentioned, the interior upgrade is available through "Shelby Performance Parts" and in a variety of color combinations and the price includes installation.

The rear faux gas cap cover was available as an option on the '07 Super Snake but was standard on the 40th even though some mod shops overlooked installing it.

BTW, we respectfully ask that we be allowed to clone you!

Yes, the original parts are returned, but You have to pay the freight to have them shipped back....

That's what I thought...seller is saying that he does not have them and I was pretty sure that they send back...

So today I got a responce from the seller...Made offer and they accepted...deposit made. :yahoo:happy%20feet.gif:shift: :burnout:

Now to fly out and check out the car....and ship her home. Unless my husband changes his mind again.

Edited by blondiepa

That's what I thought...seller is saying that he does not have them and I was pretty sure that they send back...

So today I got a responce from the seller...Made offer of $40k and they accepted...deposit made. :yahoo:happy%20feet.gif:shift: :burnout:

Now to fly out and check out the car....and ship her home. Unless my husband changes his mind again.

Well done & congrats! if you're husband changes his mind, hes a fool, and you need to ditch him... :hysterical: ...jk...no i'm not, yes I am.. :hysterical2:

Thats the way to celebrate the holidays! Post pix when you get it home...

Edited by Cali_KR
  • Like 1

Show me some pictures, it looks good so far.....................

I thought all of the 40th that were made had silver stripes.

Except the blue one that Carroll Shelby had?