blondiepa

2007 GT500 40th Anniversary Edition - Worth?

I thought all of the 40th that were made had silver stripes.

Except the blue one that Carroll Shelby had?

They are supposed to!! That was manidtory at the time of ordering.

When you get the KB upgrade do they send you a dyno sheet with it to prove the HP?

Debating on having her shipped or drive her home?...about 2,200 miles. Thoughts?

Edited by blondiepa

I thought all of the 40th that were made had silver stripes.

Except the blue one that Carroll Shelby had?

I am confused on both of your sentences, the pictures she listed is the 1st topic and they had Silver stripe, unless u are confused with the White SuperSnake that was posted? I think some 07 SS were allowed to get the 40th badges, not sure on that

finally, Carroll had a special 40th made? didnt know that, any pictures of that car?

When you get the KB upgrade do they send you a Dino sheet with it to prove the HP?

Debating on having her shipped or drive her home?...about 2,200 miles. Thoughts?

Dyno sheet was likely with the first owner, and didn't make it to the transfer. Shelby may have a copy in their database based on Vin, certainly worth the call.

Depends on route and time of year. based on your user name, i'd guess your in Pennsylvania, and at this time of year, I'd say not a safe trip...I assume at 2200 miles this is the 40th I saw advertized down in SoCal too..call a transport company.

According to Steve you can only have a 40th with ss upgraded or a ss...can't be both. Thats what started my confusion on the car we are buying. Was advertised as a ss with 40 badging...when in fact it's a 40th with the ss blower upgrade. 2008 KR had a 40th anniversary edition too. Confused yet? I've done my homework.

We purchased a 40th back in October with the same mileage out of CA. We were faced with the same decision, drive it back or have it delivered. While the thought of driving it home sounds great, it’s the wrong time of the year, even if you’re in Texas (snow in Dallas???), you will just about double the mileage on the odometer, not to mention all of the road debris compacted in the nose of your new ride. Just think how much local driving you can do to rack up the 2,200 miles you will if you drive it home.

We used Gran Trismo, we made the trek to CA to watch the car get loaded and it was delivered to our house a week later. So, glad we opted for transport.

I am confused on both of your sentences, the pictures she listed is the 1st topic and they had Silver stripe, unless u are confused with the White SuperSnake that was posted? I think some 07 SS were allowed to get the 40th badges, not sure on that

finally, Carroll had a special 40th made? didnt know that, any pictures of that car?

The one you are referring to was purchase by frankc5601, he bought it at the 08 Barrett Jackson auction for $137,500 plus10% buyers commission. It was the first Prototype 40th which had white stripes. It is listed in the Who Has What topic #8. http://www.teamshelb...7-who-has-what/

Lot: 1340 - 2007 FORD SHELBY GT500 FASTBACK PROTOTYPE

61686_Front_3-4_T.jpg

Lot Number: 1340

Add to Favorites favorite.gif

Email to a Friend email.gif

Send to Mobile Device mobile.gif

Insure this Vehicle insurance.gif

SCOTTSDALE 2008 Status: SOLD Sale Type: NO RESERVE Price: *$137,500.00 Year: 2007 Make: FORD Model: SHELBY GT500 Style: FASTBACK PROTOTYPE VIN: 1ZVHT88SX75228192 Exterior Color: VISTA BLUE W/WHITE STRIPES Interior Color: BLACK Cylinders: V8 Engine Size: 5.4 LITER Transmission: 6-SPEED MANUAL Summary: Carroll Shelby's personal GT500 and used as 40th Anniversary prototype. 450 miles and lots of features not included on a GT500. Details: Carroll Shelby's personal GT500 and used as 40th Anniversary prototype. Car has lots of features not included on a GT500. This is the only 40th Anniversary car that will have white racing stripes. Car has 450 original miles. Carroll Shelby CSM Serial # 07XL000X.

• Like 1

That's what I thought...seller is saying that he does not have them and I was pretty sure that they send back...

So today I got a responce from the seller...Made offer of $40k and they accepted...deposit made. :yahoo:happy%20feet.gif:shift: :burnout:

Now to fly out and check out the car....and ship her home. Unless my husband changes his mind again.

Another couple of options on the shipping would be having sent to my house or have it sent to Scottsdale. :hysterical::yahoo:

Just submitted a few quotes for enclosed transport. happy%20feet.gif

oh and gt67...Cars coming to PA.

My husands sister who is stationed in Coranado (Navy :salute: ) is off this weekend so it's great timing to go out.

Alright then, PA it is......... I along with many other 40th members will be attending Shelby American 50th Anniversary Celebration East (Team Shelby Nationals) in Carlisle, PA in June. It would be great to meet you and your husband and check out this rare find of yours, Congrats and hope everything works out getting her home.

Don

• Like 1

Carlisle is only about 1.5 hours from us. I'm sure my husband will want to go...we go there alot for different events/shows.

Alright then, PA it is......... I along with many other 40th members will be attending Shelby American 50th Anniversary Celebration East (Team Shelby Nationals) in Carlisle, PA in June. It would be great to meet you and your husband and check out this rare find of yours, Congrats and hope everything works out getting her home.

Don

According to Steve you can only have a 40th with ss upgraded or a ss...can't be both. Thats what started my confusion on the car we are buying. Was advertised as a ss with 40 badging...when in fact it's a 40th with the ss blower upgrade. 2008 KR had a 40th anniversary edition too. Confused yet? I've done my homework.

The 40th front grill badging was/is available on all 2007 (only) SuperSnakes as a requested option. As well, the 40th package was available with SS upgrades which may or may not include the KB or TVS supercharger depending on vehicle type (coupe/vert) and customers needs.

In addition, 2007 GT500 40th Anniversary cars were only available (to the general public) with silver stripes.

Carlisle is great! You won't want to miss it and be sure to include the "parade" option. It was BY FAR the best "car show" I have ever attended. I would really like to meet you, your husband AND his car. Congrats on a really great deal and see you there!

Here are pictures.... She will be home in our garage shortly. Put about 500 miles on her in a few days :-)

SSSNAKE will see you in Carlisle. I'm going to get tickets later today.

2007 Shelby GT500 40th Anniversary

Front Angle

Front.2

Engine with Shelby installed 725 hp Supercharger (1 of 7)

SSSNAKE will see you in Carlisle. I'm going to get tickets later today.

Looking forward to it!

I'm going to assume that they will find a way to get us (40th types) all together.

Dan, will you be bringing the 40th?

Beautiful combo! Enjoy!

Bob-O, are you coming to Carlisle?

You don't know what you're missing!

We registered for Carlisle Ford Nationals....just waiting for the 50th Anniversary tickets to go on sale. We plan to maybe go to VA but Randy does not want to race on track. But we will race at the 1/4 mile track. We will get to see how many ponies she really has.

• Like 1

We registered for Carlisle Ford Nationals....just waiting for the 50th Anniversary tickets to go on sale. We plan to maybe go to VA but Randy does not want to race on track. But we will race at the 1/4 mile track. We will get to see how many ponies she really has.

Carlisle typically has a dyno on the premises; so you can get the numbers on paper and then see what that'll translate to.

You will love the car. Congrats!

Edited by b17drvr