jwestercamp

has anyone hooked up brake ducts to the fog light/brake duct kit yet? any photos?

Anyone hook up the brake duct section of the fog light/brake duct kit yet? If so any parts or photos? thanks! :camera:

Do a search. There are quite a few people that tried in the past with limited success. The things of overcome are size of the hose, heat rating of the hose, tight confines where the hose will have to snake, and opportunities for the hose to hit against hot engine parts.

There are some people who have worked it out but it was always hoped SA would release a kit which didn't happen outside the mod shop to my knowledge.

Like said, while you wait, do a search and some of these old discussions will come up.

Good luck!

Still waiting....since '07...for the new Shelby GT brake duct kit.....

I plan on ripping my SPP fog light bezels out and making my own brack duct bezels out of aluminum and have them powder coated BLUE.

I plan on ripping my SPP fog light bezels out and making my own brack duct bezels out of aluminum and have them powder coated BLUE.

I thought about doing the same thing but there is not enough room behind there to route ducts. I, for one, would definintely love to see how you do this.

Do a search. There are quite a few people that tried in the past with limited success. The things of overcome are size of the hose, heat rating of the hose, tight confines where the hose will have to snake, and opportunities for the hose to hit against hot engine parts.

There are some people who have worked it out but it was always hoped SA would release a kit which didn't happen outside the mod shop to my knowledge.

Like said, while you wait, do a search and some of these old discussions will come up.

Good luck!

I've been thinking about the use of PVC 90's to get the hose to work ,,,,641609-R1-02-1A.jpg,,,try looking at ( thin wall ) PVC,and thin wall couplings to put all together .

641609-R1-02-1A.jpg

Edited by richard m.switzer

yeah it seems like they designed if for them and then thought hmm lets stop here. I have the brembo brakes on my car and i bought the ford racing brembo brake duct cooling kit with hoses off the classifieds here a year or so ago, hoping that i can "fab" something up if i get it figured out i will post photos. i cant be the first to try this.

If you have a big intercooler for an S/C (I have the ReVan/Shelby one), they don't fit gracefully.

I skipped the driving lights, and hooked up the JLT brake ducts with no issue.

Jer

IMG_0988.jpg

IMG_0988.jpg

Edited by Jer

If you have a big intercooler for an S/C (I have the ReVan/Shelby one), they don't fit gracefully.

I skipped the driving lights, and hooked up the JLT brake ducts with no issue.

Jer

IMG_0988.jpg

Your intercooler must not be that big. There is no way brake ducts will fit there on mine even without the lights. Centri blowers have large piping going into and coming out of the air to air intercooler. That makes it very wide and impossible to fit anything else in that area.

a2a.jpg

a2a.jpg

Edited by TheKurgan

Here's another shot with the front fascia on. You can see the hole I had before I added the a2a intercooler. I started to cut the whole area out in hopes my brake ducts would go back in, but there is just no room whatsoever so I stuck the hex cover back on to cover it up. Pic is with the hex cover off(I don't drive around like that lol).

P1010142.JPG

P1010142.JPG

Your intercooler must not be that big. There is no way brake ducts will fit there on mine even without the lights. Centri blowers have large piping going into and coming out of the air to air intercooler. That makes it very wide and impossible to fit anything else in that area.

I don't have a centrifugal.

Jer

I don't have a centrifugal.

Jer

Right, I saw that. Your original statement was a bit generic about SC's and intercoolers in regards to the brake ducts so I just wanted to clarify. There are several SGT's with Paxton's.

My AFCO HE is too big to use the brake ducts so I am looking into a way to run the hoses to the front grill on the sides to see if that will work. I've got a new radiator to install so while I am doing that I will work on a different routing system. If I get something figured out I'll post it with some pictures.

I thought about doing the same thing but there is not enough room behind there to route ducts. I, for one, would definintely love to see how you do this.

I would like to hook mine up also, as long as it doesn't look hokie.... I like the look of the bezels (like Kurgans) or both the lights and ducts.... the plastic honeycomb pieces just look so unfinished, or cheap!

My AFCO HE is too big to use the brake ducts so I am looking into a way to run the hoses to the front grill on the sides to see if that will work. I've got a new radiator to install so while I am doing that I will work on a different routing system. If I get something figured out I'll post it with some pictures.

You guys working on this need to hurry up lol. Racing season is almost here.

I would like to hook mine up also, as long as it doesn't look hokie.... I like the look of the bezels (like Kurgans) or both the lights and ducts.... the plastic honeycomb pieces just look so unfinished, or cheap!

Doug I have the quatum motorsports brake duct kit. This is a high quality kit, but it does keep the front honeycomb piece. You basically cut a hole in the honeycomb and slide the bezel through. It doesn't look that bad, but I never really like that part about it. It was more for functionality. Now it won't fit anymore due to the intercooler, so like some of these other guys, I'm looking for a spot on the front to relocate it. Wherever it ends up at, I know it's going to be painful.

FRPP kit, no lights here. We fabbed the intakes very easily in about 4 hours going slowly. With these modern cars and the bright lights from Ford, running out of headlight IMO is really not an isue at night unless you are driving totally insane for highway use. Readjusting the headlights to compensate for the dropped suspension could go a long way in better illuminating the road.

I installed the agent 47 ducts on my Shelby but had to make my own 45 deg elbow coming of the back of the duct. Used A/C sheet metal material and then attached my three inch hose to the home made elbow. works great as the Agent 47 intake is huge compared to the other aftermarket kits. try this link to a picture of me at Road Atlanta which shows the front of the car. http://art-racing.com/site/#/gallery/nasa-santas-toy-run-rd-atl-dec-2011/nasa-r-atl-436/

Haven't figured out how to post pictures here.

Anyone hook up the brake duct section of the fog light/brake duct kit yet? If so any parts or photos? thanks! :camera:

I installed the agent 47 ducts on my Shelby but had to make my own 45 deg elbow coming of the back of the duct. Used A/C sheet metal material and then attached my three inch hose to the home made elbow. works great as the Agent 47 intake is huge compared to the other aftermarket kits. try this link to a picture of me at Road Atlanta which shows the front of the car. http://art-racing.co...nasa-r-atl-436/

Haven't figured out how to post pictures here.

Do you have pics of the elbow you made and how it attaches to the Agent47 vent ? Looks like you are using these vents here:

http://www.shop.agen...ial-A47BCKS.htm

I'd like to try this but still unsure if it will fit. There is not much room at all back there.

BTW, to post pics you must use the full editor and after you browse to the pic on your pic you have to click add to post. HTH.

Edited by TheKurgan

or if you have facebook you can simply upload a photo to facebook and right click to copy it and paste it into the thread on teamshelby

My SGT has the standard SAI lower grill and brake / fog light bezels. Blue Oval Industries sells the brake backing plate (from Ford Racing) that fits the smaller brakes and has all the standard attaching hardware / hose etc. The modification I had to do to match the larger diameter Ford Racing hose to the smaller diameter Shelby brake ducts went as follows: Remove the SAI brake ducts and dremel away the small diameter hose to grill connection. Take the larger diameter metal ducts from the Ford Racing kit and drill new mounting holes to line up with the SAI brake duct bezel. Then just re-attach the ducts to the SAI duct-grill mount. The orange Ford Racing hose will fit the tight space, you just have to follow the directions carefully, doing lock to lock turns BEFORE tying down the hose. Also do NOT trim any off the hose length, as this extra is what allows the hose to expand and contract during hard turns and up an down movements. Hope this helps, regards, Larry

My SGT has the standard SAI lower grill and brake / fog light bezels. Blue Oval Industries sells the brake backing plate (from Ford Racing) that fits the smaller brakes and has all the standard attaching hardware / hose etc. The modification I had to do to match the larger diameter Ford Racing hose to the smaller diameter Shelby brake ducts went as follows: Remove the SAI brake ducts and dremel away the small diameter hose to grill connection. Take the larger diameter metal ducts from the Ford Racing kit and drill new mounting holes to line up with the SAI brake duct bezel. Then just re-attach the ducts to the SAI duct-grill mount. The orange Ford Racing hose will fit the tight space, you just have to follow the directions carefully, doing lock to lock turns BEFORE tying down the hose. Also do NOT trim any off the hose length, as this extra is what allows the hose to expand and contract during hard turns and up an down movements. Hope this helps, regards, Larry

You can also use something like this:

IMG_0741.jpg

IMG_0742.jpg

Silicone's good for more than ONE thing!

I got these reducers from a ricer website, originally intended for custom CAI or turbo setups,, or some other crap.

After Shelby shipped me the "service only" bezels, I balked, Shelby kindly refunded my money, and I went with the JLT rig.

Jer

IMG_0741.jpg

IMG_0742.jpg

Edited by Jer

Hello Guys, i have completed a big-brake and cooling duct conversion to two Shelby GT's. An '06 Hertz and an '08. I use the Ford Racing big-brake kit #M-2300-S together with the Ford Racing #M-2004-A.

All the ford components fit perfectly and the braking improvement is dramatic. The only thing i have done is to design a black facing bezel which fits into the front facia, passing through the plastic side trims. These then connect to the air ducts going to the brake backing plates. The first bezels i machined were in Stainless steel, but the second set were made from black nylon 66. The second set looks better in black, i think. They are very easy to turn up in a lathe. I hand fabricated a grille/mesh to fit into the opening of the bezel to stop small animals getting drawn up the ducts.

If any member would like to see the finished car/details please e-mail me at faulknerstevens@btinternet.com and i'll forward pictures [sorry, not good at loading pictures onto the site] I can also provide a drawing for the bezel if somebody needs it.

Since the thread has seemed to morph away from the original poster's question on the Shelby brake ducts...there is also the Silver Horse Racing brake duct kit option:

http://www.silverhor...category_id=257

BrakeDuctsSGT.jpg

BrakeDuct2.jpg

SGTBrakeDucts1.jpg

Thats the Agent 47 one I used. I dont really have a good explation how I made the duct elbows on the back except to say it was a trial and error thing using thin wall sheet metal used in the A/C business.