sharon

Carroll Shelby Foundation Signature Program Dis-continued

Carroll Shelby Foundation Signature Program Dis-continued

Dear Friend of the Foundation,

We would like to thank you for your support of the Carroll Shelby Foundation. Unfortunately, due to his declining health over the past few months, Mr. Shelby is no longer able to participate in the autograph program. For that reason, and with tremendous regret, we must refund your item without an authentic signature. The Foundation will be offering an alternative option with an autopen Commemorative signature.

In 1991, after his life-saving heart transplant, Mr. Shelby decided to use his position in life to help those less fortunate. He made a deal with “the big guy upstairs” that if he survived he would help in any way he could. Carroll started the Carroll Shelby Heart Fund, today known as the Carroll Shelby Foundation, to support organ and tissue donation for children as well as education. Over the past 20 years Mr. Shelby has given much of his time to sit with his fans and autograph their prized possession. His commitment to giving back has allowed the Carroll Shelby Foundation to donate to a myriad of medical establishments, individuals and other organizations. With the continued support of donors like you, his philanthropic vision will continue.

Below are the options for those that are waiting on Dash Plaques or other items.

1. You can get a complete Refund from Shelby Performance Parts on your order or

2. A special offer for those still waiting on dash plaque order. For the price of your dash plaque you can get the following

a. The only authorized Autopen Commemorative signature for your dash plaque. This will come with a certificate of Authenticity from the Carroll Shelby Foundation.

b. Remembering the Shelby Years Book from Foundation ( not signed)

c. One Shelby American 50th Anniversary Gift Bag from the Vegas Event ( first 50 people) or 75 dollar SPP Gift Card. ( these are not signed)

3. For those of you that ordered other items besides the dash plaques. You can get a full refund or we will refund you the signature price and still send out the items.

4. If you wish to still donate your signature price to their purchase to the Foundation please let SPP know when you call.

PLEASE CALL 702-405-3500

We will be contacting customer directly over the next few weeks.

It is bummer news but everyone knows the Man has more than earned the right to take it easy.

Sharon, will the Foundation and SPP be offering the Autopen service on any new orders and/or items other than the dash plaque?

It is bummer news but everyone knows the Man has more than earned the right to take it easy.

Sharon, will the Foundation and SPP be offering the Autopen service on any new orders and/or items other than the dash plaque?

Not at this time. We are going to get through the back ordered items then we will look at adding the auto pen to our store.

My thoughts and prayers go out to Carroll, I give him tremendous respect for keeping the program going as long as he was able to do so.

Yes, very sad indeed... Shelby's offer is more than fair, and it wouldn't surprise me a bit if many of those waiting on items just donated the amount to this more-than-worthy cause (after all, isn't that what this is really about?)...

Out thoughts and prayers are with Mr. Shelby and his family...

Anton

• Like 1

Our thoughts and prayers and wishes go out to the family.

David and Reine

We are just thankful to hear that Carroll is getting better, his Health means more than anything! Prayers for his continued health :grouphug: .

Autopen is pretty much like it sounds. A machine which signs a life like signature. Usually very easily dedectid by professionals due to the steady flow of ink and preasure. However more modern technology has improved that. Unsure as of yet as to the machine being used at Shelby. Will be nice to see once an example is shown. Hopefully a great idea to help keep the legend going and to continue funding of the foundation which does so much. Also why only available on the dash plaque and not other parts. I would assume, the only item which will fit the machine right now.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Autopen

Edited by JeffJ

I ordered my plaque last September and was told it was at the foundation, so I called today and took the autopen option, as well as the Shelby book and the Shelby 50th gift bag. I was given the option of the bag or a $75 gift certificate. I figured the gift bag had some unique stuff in it so chose that instead.

I think most reasonable people understand that Mr Shelby is 89 years old and in poor health, and though I'm a little disappointed I believe his health is many times more important than a signature on a plaque. It's not the end of the world. Here's hoping for a quick recovery.

Colin

Edited by creilly333

After reading about the signature program being canceled yesterday, I decided to drive out to the Shelby Museum in Vegas today and look at some of the signed cars and hats they still had in their display case and see if anything he had signed caught my fancy.

As I perused the case for something cool, one of the very nice girls from the front desk informed me that all of the signed Shelby items were no longer for sale. She told me that when they brought a halt to the program, everything he had signed was no longer for sale and that the museum was hanging onto all of it.

I fully understood this and was not disappointed at all because I already have a bunch of things signed by Carroll. Hopefully he will get well.

QSS

Just got my refund. Everyone in the plaque program should really do the same. Auto signatures are not worth $363 and the rest of the buy off is junk that would collect dust.

Just got my refund. Everyone in the plaque program should really do the same. Auto signatures are not worth $363 and the rest of the buy off is junk that would collect dust.

where are u getting $363 from? isnt the autopen signature $50?

If you were in this for Carroll's signature only, that OK. Carroll did this to support a foundation that is designed to help children more than anything else. We'll continue this path.

• Like 2

Just take your refund and keep your inappropriate comments to yourself.

• Like 3

While I got several signatures over the years, it really is about the many lives CS touched through the Foundation. That is priceless. Just ask the families. The signature is just an added bonus.

Hope folks can see beyond the signature.

Edited by H0050
  • Like 3

If you were in this for Carroll's signature only, that OK. Carroll did this to support a foundation that is designed to help children more than anything else. We'll continue this path.

+1 :salute:

Just take your refund and keep your inappropriate comments to yourself.

+1 on that brother

While I got several signatures over the years, it really is about the many lives CS touched through the Foundation. That is priceless. Just ask the families. The signature is just an added bonus.

Hope folks can see beyond the signature.

Very well said Harald

• Like 2

I ordered my plaque last December, I called today and took the auto pen option, I hope Mr Shelby gets better....

Bernie

i would pay full price for a auto pen signed dash plaque. mine got screwed up by the previous owner who attemped to seal it. hope mr shelby keeps getting well. you are in my prayers caroll.