sharon

Carroll Shelby Foundation Signature Program Dis-continued

I received my commemorative signature back from the C S Foundation this week. They did a great job placing it on my visor. It looks like an original signature. Thanks to all at the C S Foundation!

Nick

I may have missed it, but will the foundation be taking orders for new items with the auto pen?

Yes but before they can take any new orders they first must clear up the backlog of previous orders. The Foundation will make plenty of announcements when the backlog has been cleared out and they are ready to go full steam ahead with new requests.

Steve

Our prayers go out to the Shelby family . Please get well soon we miss that special attitude you display on life.

Mike & Bonnie

My air bag cover with auto pen was shipped. It's scheduled to be delivered on Wednesday....thanks CSF!!

Edited by Amigo GT500

Maybe asked before, whats an Auto pen? computer signature?

Computer generated signature.

The system copies a signature when Carroll signs something then the computer will completely replicate his signature. It will be the only authorized signature out there.

I got my photo poster print of my car from the Mustang 45th Anniversary signed by the "MAN" a few years ago. Glad I did it! A nice memento and looks great in my man cave!

http://www.teamshelb...-birmingham-al/

I really hope he gets better! He has done a lot for the auto industry as well as the charities he has supported over the years!

He deserves to have some time for himself.

Edited by kryptonite

I received my air bag cover yesterday with the "autopen" signature....I liked a lot!! It lloks like his real signature....

post-33685-0-15586800-1336052819_thumb.jpg

post-33685-0-37316700-1336052852_thumb.jpg

post-33685-0-15586800-1336052819_thumb.jpg

post-33685-0-37316700-1336052852_thumb.jpg

I received my air bag cover yesterday with the "autopen" signature....I liked a lot!! It lloks like his real signature....

Did you get a different sort of COA with it? Post pix if you can, I'd love to see it.

Thanks,

Jer

Did you get a different sort of COA with it? Post pix if you can, I'd love to see it.

Thanks,

Jer

No. I got a kind of letter. I will scan and post later.....I am out of town

It looks like his real signature....

Let me first state that I think it is commendable that the Foundation created a contingency plan to allow an "authorized" signature program to continue in perpetuity, specifically as a means to maintain interest and generate funds that continue to flow into a very valuable program.

Interesting detail to observe... Note that the horizontal line below his name has 3 tiny vertical "dash" lines. I seem to recall that in most of Mr. Shelby's signatures I've seen, he only uses 2 vertical "dash" lines.

Is this not a distinction worth noting, or rather, will the 3-dashes be THE distinguishing characteristic that allows someone to recognize the "authorized" (auto-pen) version of the signature, versus an actual signature directly from Mr. Shelby?

(I am assuming here that ALL auto-pen signatures will henceforth look like the pictures in this thread.)

-Pockdog

• Like 1

Let me first state that I think it is commendable that the Foundation created a contingency plan to allow an "authorized" signature program to continue in perpetuity, specifically as a means to maintain interest and generate funds that continue to flow into a very valuable program.

Interesting detail to observe... Note that the horizontal line below his name has 3 tiny vertical "dash" lines. I seem to recall that in most of Mr. Shelby's signatures I've seen, he only uses 2 vertical "dash" lines.

Is this not a distinction worth noting, or rather, will the 3-dashes be THE distinguishing characteristic that allows someone to recognize the "authorized" (auto-pen) version of the signature, versus an actual signature directly from Mr. Shelby?

(I am assuming here that ALL auto-pen signatures will henceforth look like the pictures in this thread.)

-Pockdog

+1 on all your comments. I think it is an excellent idea to be able to tell the difference between the real hand and the computer hand.

• Like 1

I made the same observation, 2 vs 3 hash marks in Carroll's signature and the answer is yes.

According to Robert Lane in another thread, the 3 hash marks designate the sig as the auto-pen created sig.

Phill

Carroll, RIP my friend. You were one tough and very smart guy. You saw to it that the value of your original signature stayed with it (2 cross hatches) versus the autopen autograph (3 cross hatches). The man did us all a huge favor. Amigo, thanks for the photos. I agree, even in his passing, it looks great, and it's also a great way to support his foundation.

Now just go kick Enzo's ass!

Just something for all to consider. The quote is part of many articles related to CS passing.

"Shelby considered his greatest achievement to be the establishment of the Carroll Shelby Foundation™. Created in 1992 while Shelby was waiting for a heart transplant, the charity is dedicated to providing medical assistance for those in need, including children, educational opportunities for young people through automotive and other training programs and benefitting the Carroll Shelby Automotive Foundation."

Auto Pen is a great option for those still seeking a signature and supporting CS greates achievement

Goodspeed

Edited by H0050

+1 on all your comments. I think it is an excellent idea to be able to tell the difference between the real hand and the computer hand.

+2

Looks like the "third slash" will be the unique computer signature.

That's already been established (see above) and confirmed by Robert Lane.

What's your point?

Phill

Very poor taste to "whore" out the poor mans name after he is gone. What has been sold real or fake "auto pen" should be all that there are period end of story. Anything short of that just reeks of low class..... Just goes to show you that people will do anything for money lol..

No one is "whoring" out his name. The money isn't going in someone's pocket. It's supporting the Foundation that he considered one his greatest accomplishments.

No one is "whoring" out his name. The money isn't going in someone's pocket. It's supporting the Foundation that he considered one his greatest accomplishments.

The money goes to continuing on Carroll's most important legacy the Foundation which has helped save lives and give so much to those that needed it. It will also continue long after Carroll is gone to do the same. For those that it helps I am sure they would not concider it "whoring" of the money. I am sure they will think of the help and the man even after his death that is still able to continue on with his wishes and dreams to help those that need it.

Sharon

The money goes to continuing on Carroll's most important legacy the Foundation which has helped save lives and give so much to those that needed it. It will also continue long after Carroll is gone to do the same. For those that it helps I am sure they would not concider it "whoring" of the money. I am sure they will think of the help and the man even after his death that is still able to continue on with his wishes and dreams to help those that need it.

Sharon

+1

Great reply Sharon!!!!

Dan

+1

Great reply Sharon!!!!

Dan

+2............. Well said Sharon. Can't be easy during this very emotional time.

Very poor taste to "whore" out the poor mans name after he is gone. What has been sold real or fake "auto pen" should be all that there are period end of story. Anything short of that just reeks of low class..... Just goes to show you that people will do anything for money lol..

I wouldn't call the below photo "whoring" out Carroll Shelby's name or being "low class.":

carrollandlittlegirl.jpg

And I wouldn't call this "whoring" out his name or being "low class" either:

IMG_1410.jpg

And how exactly would you know that Mr. Shelby wasn't aware of this program all along or was it your presumption?

The above pictures are part of Carroll Shelby's legacy. . .it's a foundation that does good and goes way beyond the aspect of money.

Edited by robertlane
  • Like 1

I wouldn't call this "whoring" out Carroll Shelby's name or being "low class."

carrollandlittlegirl.jpg

And I wouldn't call this "whoring" out his name or being "low class" either:

IMG_1410.jpg

And how exactly would you know that Mr. Shelby wasn't aware of this program all along?

The above pictures are part of Carroll Shelby's legacy. . .it's a foundation that does good and goes way beyond the aspect of money.

No joke, these pics just got me :cry:

Sharon

+100.....well said Sharon