2010-2012 Shelby GT500 SuperSnake Hood

Z35-S10M-16612-CSS-2.jpg

clear1x1.gif

Shelby factory original equipment for the 2010-2012 Shelby GT500 Super Snake, this lightweight fiberglass hood is a direct bolt on to your GT500 and will completely change the look of your car from the mild GT500 to the powerful and menacing Super Snake. These hoods are shipped unpainted and may require some prepping prior to paint. Complete the look of the hood with the heat extractor vents, which are available here, as well as the hood pins which are available here.

NOTES

• Fits 2010-2012 Shelby GT500s.

OPTIONS

• Shelby GT500 SuperSnake hood heat extractors. Click here to learn more or purchase. You can also click on the box below to add this item in the cart along with the hood at the same time.

SHIPPING MAY BE ADJUSTED UP AT TIME OF SHIPMENT IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS OR WANT AN EXACT QUOTE PLEASE CALL BEFORE ORDERING!!!! WE WILL CALL YOU IF THE SHIPPING CHARGES DUE ARE MORE THAN CHARGED!

7S3Z-16C630-SS-2T.jpg

CLICK HERE TO LEARN MORE

Looks really tempting. I just put this Tru Fiber KR style hood on, but I am seriusly considering selling it now. Any other member opinions? I also put the SS quarter covers on, and did a stripe delete.

IMAG0055.jpg

Edited by 91z28350

I received my Super Snake hood just yesterday. The quality is top notch! I thought the hood would arrive rough and need a lot of prep work but it is actually very smooth and doesn't look like a whole lot of prepping will be required. I am very impressed with the quality of it already. Can't wait to get it painted and installed. There is a fairly large thread about this in the 10-12 GT500 section. You definitely would not regret getting this hood!

004-4.jpg

006-3.jpg

005-1.jpg

Edited by 05mustangman

Looks really tempting. I just put this Tru Fiber KR style hood on, but I am seriusly considering selling it now. Any other member opinions? I also put the SS quarter covers on, and did a stripe delete.

IMAG0055.jpg

Is this the fiberglass or carbon fiber version as according to their website they now offer both for the 2010 + models

It hapens the same to me...I purchased the Trufiber and SS hood came out a week later...but anyway I liked what I got

post-33685-0-06422700-1337950052_thumb.jpg

post-33685-0-87014700-1337950152_thumb.jpg

post-33685-0-06422700-1337950052_thumb.jpg

post-33685-0-87014700-1337950152_thumb.jpg

You can't beat the McCoy. My only concern would be the availability of stripes in sufficient section lengths to work on the Shelby SS Hood.

You can't beat the McCoy. My only concern would be the availability of stripes in sufficient section lengths to work on the Shelby SS Hood.

A shop that is good with vinyl and does custom stuff should be able to get you some stripes and match the color pretty much dead on. Don't rely on factory stripes because if you see the price of them you may not live long enough to get the work finished. But any shop that know how to work with vinyl striping should be able to help you out.

Man I love the way the SS hoods look but the bad fitment stories worryme and kinda shy me away. Maybe in the fall I will just give in and place the order. Really love to have this!

Finally had a chance today to drive up to my paint/body guy to test fit the hood. Bolted up the SS hood and the gap between the hood and fender was quite a bit wider on the drivers side of the car. Should be an easy enough fix. Luckily I brought the vents with me because I found out the holes aren't quite wide enough and he's going to have to shave off about 1/8th to 1/4" on each of them. Also, I think its been noted before, but these hoods don't have any kind of recessed/flattened area where you tape the vents up to like I think the 07-09 hoods did. With the curve of the hood, we'll have to put an extra thick piece of 3M tape in the middle of the vent brackets