Sign in to follow this  
frazierfreud

Methanol injection

Anybody out there have methanol injection? Been putting some thought to this lately. More boost and timing on pump gas sounds intriguing .

I've got a local guy that we did a meth kit for..................774 RWHP on 93 Pump and Meth. A/F was 11.5 across the board.

It's all about the kit.

• Like 1

I've got a local guy that we did a meth kit for..................774 RWHP on 93 Pump and Meth. A/F was 11.5 across the board.

It's all about the kit.

Was it a snow performance kit?

Why not methanol? It just has to be used correctly and there are some things to watch for. Methanol is NOT going to give you more power. Just use it to make your existing power more reliable by keeping the intake temps lower. This can also be used to run more timing but that is up to the tuner and owner of the car.

There are safety switches like low meth alerts, no reverse flow valves, and relays that only let it run when at a certain boost level or throttle position.

I had it on my kenne bell 03 cobra and it gave me the confidence to run it as hard as I want to. If I didnt want to use it then I either stayed out of throttle or changed my tune.

Although we don't have one on the GT500, I have had the Snow Kit for a long while.. This is long since a proven performer...Currently on a 0-1 gt with procharger. Really can make up for octane deficiency. Extremely easy to install and run ...Pete