Staff

Shelby GT350 5.0L Valve Coil Covers

. Watch your step, that first one is a bitch.

So is your mother.

Phill

How is it best to keep ones mouth shut when Shelby asks for your opinions about a product? That is how feedback works. So everyone who you disagree with is an idiot or meathead? WOW. How old are you? People on here are just trying to give honest feedback about concerns and you have a problem with that? I got a lot more insight and knowledge about the Shelby brand than you know. And Speedyman I have yet to meet someone here on Team Shelby who is more disrespectful than you. No one on here was making any disrespectful comments towards you until you open your mouth and start calling people names. So don't be surprised when people talk back to you when you are being rude.

This thread was intended to show off and give feedback on the valve covers and to get peoples opinions. Not to slam people when their opinions differ from yours.

Edited by 05mustangman

This thread was intended to show off and give feedback on the valve covers and to get peoples opinions. Not to slam people when their opinions differ from yours.

I tried dealing with him in a nice manner (3 times) and that didn't work. I lowered myself to his level and insulted him and this is what I got in my PM box:

"What the fuck is your problem asshole? Really wish I had the chance to cave your fuckin head in dickhead."

It's amazing how brave some fools get when there's a thin little wire separating them and the person that they take issue with. it's called "Internet Balls".

Back on topic~

Phill

Wow! I'm like you , not trying to be rude to anyone, everyone is entitled to their opinion. But when it results in name calling and threatening like that, that's going a little overboard.

Now..... I agree, back on topic!

Wow! I'm like you , not trying to be rude to anyone, everyone is entitled to their opinion. But when it results in name calling and threatening like that, that's going a little overboard.

Now..... I agree, back on topic!

Yeah, unless "Phil" disagrees with you at which point he calls your mother a Bitch. What kind of a Jag-off does that.

I suppose I shouldn't have expected any different from you....

"Sometimes it is best to keep ones mouth shut and be thought a fool rather than to open ones mouth and remove all doubt."

You're welcome,

Phill

This is a good one :hysterical: !

Bravo Phill

I tried dealing with him in a nice manner (3 times) and that didn't work. I lowered myself to his level and insulted him and this is what I got in my PM box:

"What the fuck is your problem asshole? Really wish I had the chance to cave your fuckin head in dickhead."

It's amazing how brave some fools get when there's a thin little wire separating them and the person that they take issue with. it's called "Internet Balls".

Back on topic~

Phill

But this is getting ridiculous, Gentlemen shake your hands...

As a 45th anniversary GT350 owner I am not all that upset at these valves covers because they look totally different. Now I do think it is kind stupid to by something that says GT350 on it and it does not look anything like the authentic part...but that is a matter of taste.

However, I would be miserable if I saw the body panels, badges, crager rims sold in the aftermarket. To me...the super snake is a bad example because it is not a recreation of a historic Shelby like the 350 is. Also, the cobra is too different to compare. They are still rare and not a practice daily drive the way a mustang is. Meaning...there is probably a much greater chance that someone with a base mustang would copy a Shelby with there do many mustangs in production. Even with factory 5 you don't see that many cobra's. Apple and orange to me...

However, I would be miserable if I saw the body panels, badges, crager rims sold in the aftermarket. To me...the super snake is a bad example because it is not a recreation of a historic Shelby like the 350 is.

To my understanding the SS is also a "recreation".

Shelby built a Super Snake in 1967...a tweaked GT500 with a 427.

But only one...OK.

Were GT350 and GT500KR owners ever guaranteed in any way that parts unique to their particular vehicle would never be sold. It would appear that some here have unfortunately made that assumption. It is never a good idea to assume anything.

No guarantees or assumptions. Just hope.

Let's hope that SA does not go the route of factory 5 and the "do it yourself" business strategy. Those factory 5 cars are cool but the magic is not there like at SA.

Sometimes in business..."some" executive will sacrifice tomorrow to win today. Not saying its happening now. Just hope it does not go that way.

No guarantees or assumptions. Just hope.

Let's hope that SA does not go the route of factory 5 and the "do it yourself" business strategy. Those factory 5 cars are cool but the magic is not there like at SA.

Sometimes in business..."some" executive will sacrifice tomorrow to win today. Not saying its happening now. Just hope it does not go that way.

There isn't much that can't be purchased to clone/copy the 60s stuff. The originals can bring astronomical numbers in fine condition. Why would the current Shelby products be expected to fare any differently decades form now.

Why would the current Shelby products be expected to fare any differently decades form now.

I do not think so.

It was "scrap the old stuff and buy the new one" at those time.

Now it's "keep and speculate"...

Nothing will be as scarse as the vintage stuff.

Of course only my opinion :beerchug:

I do not think so.

It was "scrap the old stuff and buy the new one" at those time.

Now it's "keep and speculate"...

Nothing will be as scarse as the vintage stuff.

Of course only my opinion :beerchug:

The "keep and speculate" guys if there are any at all will need to have an abundance of patience as they will be waiting at least 2 and more likely 3 or 4 decades to reap the rewards of their investments.

I personally feel that SAI should market all the various body panels, wheels, etc. for those who would be interested. Purchasing a 2011 GT now at current values and dressing it up with GT350 front and rear treatments would be cool as hell and provide SAI with some profitable business traffic. Anyone who thinks that the availability of these parts will negatively effect the value of serialized, registered Shelby vehicles is frankly stupid.

The "keep and speculate" guys if there are any at all will need to have an abundance of patience as they will be waiting at least 2 and more likely 3 or 4 decades to reap the rewards of their investments.

I personally feel that SAI should market all the various body panels, wheels, etc. for those who would be interested. Purchasing a 2011 GT now at current values and dressing it up with GT350 front and rear treatments would be cool as hell and provide SAI with some profitable business traffic. Anyone who thinks that the availability of these parts will negatively effect the value of serialized, registered Shelby vehicles is frankly stupid.

A bit harsh conclusion ... but I agree on the rest.

Mr. Shelby was into business.

SAI is about business.

Even the best clone is a clone. (With the net it's hard to fool someone these days).

A Mustang GT having Shelby parts does not harm or compete with any real Shelby.