Staff

Shelby Track Pack

Just curious because I was looking at the suspension page in SPP and it was not listed there this past weekend

I think it's a wall display at the SPP counter in Las Vegas (inside the museum/gift shop).

Well, I KNOW there is (was?) a wall display showing a bunch of suspension parts all lined up like they were on a car and I THINK they were the Shelby Track Pack parts.

Jer would know for sure.......

Phill

I think it's a wall display at the SPP counter in Las Vegas (inside the museum/gift shop).

Well, I KNOW there is (was?) a wall display showing a bunch of suspension parts all lined up like they were on a car and I THINK they were the Shelby Track Pack parts.

Jer would know for sure.......

Phill

Yes, it was, but that display is now gone.

We are getting ready to re-price the Track Pack, it'll be back online soon.

Jer

Edited by Jer

Yes, it was, but that display is now gone.

We are getting ready to re-price the Track Pack, it'll be back online soon.

Jer

Hella sale on the track pack!

No, in fact, it should be on sale soon.

Jer

I tried to order the Track Pack on sale this morning and asked if it was inclusive of the watts link and had a question about exactly which watts link it comes with. Much to my disappointment the guy at SPP says the Track Pack does not include the watts link! :banghead:

This is very frustrating and disappointing because the description of the package clearly makes it sound like the watts link is what really makes the package and is an integral part. Further, a watts link is not listed under any of the options for the kit.

Either: 1. The guy I talked to at SPP doesn't know what he's talking about (very possible).

2. The ad misstates what is included with the kit - in which case I would have been extremely pissed had I ordered and it showed up without the watts.

After agonizing over suspension options when this sale came up I was all over it - now I'm back to the drawing board.

Just wanted to save someone else the frustration.

P.S.

Jer,

If you're reading this and I am wrong - please correct me. If the kit comes with the watts then say so & I'll get it.

It's a more interesting answer, actually.

1. Yes, the kit is complete. My phone person thought you were asking about an additional product, he didn't realize the Track Pack had a different type of Watts integrated into the rear diff cover.

2. That kit was slated to go on sale in a few days, you saw the new price prematurely, so I'll release the new price a few days early!

Jer

Edited by Jer
  • Like 1

So, did someone finally report about the track pack?

Real driving on track and on street (not "show & cruise") :hysterical:

I am sure it's GREAT but a real review from a real customer would be appreciated.

(With pics!)

So, did someone finally report about the track pack?

Real driving on track and on street (not "show & cruise") :hysterical:

I am sure it's GREAT but a real review from a real customer would be appreciated.

(With pics!)

+1!

There's gotta be someone on here running this setup.

TurboGT - did you order yours ? You can PM me and I'll help you out and then you can provide the review .

TurboGT - did you order yours ? You can PM me and I'll help you out and then you can provide the review .

PM'd you

Does anyone have info on this setup yet?

What kind of info are you looking for? I hope to have mine installed this week sometime and should be posting up some street reviews soon.

Are you doing the install yourself or having it done? I'm torn between this and the Griggs setup so I'd love an in depth review.

Are you doing the install yourself or having it done? I'm torn between this and the Griggs setup so I'd love an in depth review.

As much as I'd like to do it myself - I'm going to have it done at a shop near me so I can hopefully spend the time taking pics of the install and drive the car in two days instead of two weeks. I will post a review and some pics soon.

As much as I'd like to do it myself - I'm going to have it done at a shop near me so I can hopefully spend the time taking pics of the install and drive the car in two days instead of two weeks. I will post a review and some pics soon.

Did the kit come with install instructions?

Did the kit come with install instructions?

Yes, and I also got the instructions from CorteX. Nothing seemed that technically difficult. The only thing I don't have the tools for is a press for the ball joints and a welder, but those are small parts of the overall install & I could get someone to do those. Honestly, if you have access to a lift it looks like it would be an enjoyable project - it could be done with jack stands, but my days of lying on my back in a 100+ degree garage for 3 days are behind me.

As a point of reference - CorteX and Griggs charge 10 hours of shop labor to install this type of kit. I'm paying for 12 hours because I'm adding a couple of extra pieces to mine.

I just dropped the car off this afternoon for the install.

Posted some initial impressions of the kit in the GT500 Brakes and Suspension thread for those interested. Just picked the car up this afternoon so only have a few miles on it. New tires going on tomorrow.

Congrats! After installing the SPP Track Pack I fell in love with this car all over again. Wish I had added the torque arm during my install, but it's at the top of my wish list now. Just wait til you get the car on a road course!

Saw a GT 5.0 at Auto Club Speedway on the road course in the middle run group outrun a ZL1 and a GT-R. Must have been a good driver but when I tracked him down (no pun intended) I found out he had a Ford Racing Suspension a tune on his motor and race tires. I was a little amazed he didn't have more mods but he was really rolling at the track.