robertlane

Carroll Shelby Tribute GT500 Cobra Introduced

Any chance for production fender flares? I think they look great!

Yep, Shelby will have these available as an option on any build.

How much is this car going for?

It will be auctioned for Charity..

It looks....well....it looks like CS did it himself. I'm not a wide body fan as well, but that is gorgeous and perfect for a tribute. Those artisans should be proud.

• Like 1

Missed the unveiling, but I saw it in the tent later. Absolutely gorgeous car, among so many other gorgeous cars this weekend!

please Ford bring back Gaurdsman blue PLEASE

Guardsman blue!..... Oh my heart.....

That paint, live and in the sun was STUNNING!

I spoke with the painter, and it was an enhanced color, and not an exact match to Guardsman...but damn fine

From a styling perspective, the hood scoop and the pseudo-faux '69 quarter panel scoop simply don't work and take a way from the 'just right' curvature and body lines that the latest Mustang wears. I can appreciate the hours of work put into them from a fabrication standpoint. Problem is that they look horrible.

The stretched sheetmetal (steel or fiberglass?) out back is what Mustang fans have been clamoring for since the GT500 resurrection. Nary a Super Snake should be allowed out the door without them and the commensurate size increase they allow in the rubber department. Ditch the cheesy scoops and adopt the widened hips now!

Remember it is a GT 500 Cobra. Inspired by two iconic vehicles. The hood scoop is all Cobra, and Carroll would have more than approved. Right Vince L.?

That crazy scoop is all that.

I think they should keep this car in the museum along side with the original Cobra instead of auctioning it off. Just my .02 cents

I think they should keep this car in the museum along side with the original Cobra instead of auctioning it off. Just my .02 cents

Agreed.......at least for a short while.

I still feel that the stripes should continue down under the rear licence plate as in the original shelbys. or is it against the law now??

Definitely agree. That would be great to see the first Cobra and right next to it the final car for Carroll Shelby to celebrate his life. I may have missed it but have they said what auction the car will be auctioned at?

Amazing! Can you imagine what would happen if for the final year of the current generation GT500 they make them all widebody cars? Only people who would not love it would be the usual suspects (certain 07-09 owners).

From a styling perspective, the hood scoop and the pseudo-faux '69 quarter panel scoop simply don't work and take a way from the 'just right' curvature and body lines that the latest Mustang wears. I can appreciate the hours of work put into them from a fabrication standpoint. Problem is that they look horrible.

The stretched sheetmetal (steel or fiberglass?) out back is what Mustang fans have been clamoring for since the GT500 resurrection. Nary a Super Snake should be allowed out the door without them and the commensurate size increase they allow in the rubber department. Ditch the cheesy scoops and adopt the widened hips now!

I agree. The Super Snakes need this widebody. Should have been done years ago.

• Like 1