07SGT5687

New SPP sale?

I'm gonna work hard for you, just know that THAT IS WHAT SA WANTS. They really do care.

Well, here's the challenge:

1. Think Profit Sharing (or make your stock options worth more :) or both )

2. Make my stock go higher

Both winners!

Edited by twobjshelbys

Again my apologies...i hope to meet you at the SEMA show.....in two months!!

LOL, no worries... Yes, let's say Hello at SEMA if possible... THANKS!

Jer

no sale next weekend bummer, worked 40 hours overtime to buy from spp to make my car the way i want with all shelby parts. my list is long and wish list is full and overtime takes time and a sale for members helps build our cars. well shoot.

Thanks for your support, I want you to have all the parts you need to make your car into your true vision. There have NOT been any decisions made on SPP's future sales events, and my focus right now is to improve stocking levels, follow up on new product requests as well as longstanding product availability issues, and establish a quality, consistent customer experience.

If we announce a sale granting a certain percentage off regular price, everyone will be happy for a few days...

What if we then have nothing available, then give you inaccurate lead time expectations, then ship you the wrong stuff, include no instruction sheet, then fail to answer your emails, ignore your voicemail, then give misinformation, then....? Well, you get the picture.

I'd ask all of you to communicate freely with me, and I promise I will do all I can to address your concerns. I work for YOU, and I firmly believe SPP will be your first choice for knowledge, expedient delivery, accuracy, and great pricing. But I've only been here 5 days, and appreciate all of your investment to make us the resource you deserve.

Jer

• Like 1

Okay, then I call dibs on the second set... :hysterical:

Those valve covers are RIDICULOUSLY beautiful. Certainly the best choice for anyone who already has brushed aluminum/welded tanks on their car (Moroso, Canton, Shelby). Rick Yates popped his hood for me last night, and it was CLEAR that these covers would be an excellent match. They're not cheap, they're awesome.

vc fab.jpg

Jer

vc fab.jpg

Edited by Jer

Well, here's the challenge:

1. Think Profit Sharing (or make your stock options worth more :) or both )

2. Make my stock go higher

Both winners!

Tony,

If I make your stock go higher, we both win. RIGHT?

Jer

Jer:

The transmission cooler scoop, new product, is in the advertisement banner all the times and there is not stock !!

Thanks......

Jorge

Jorge,

I'll look into it first thing tomorrow...

Thanks,

Jer

Those valve covers are RIDICULOUSLY beautiful. Certainly the best choice for anyone who already has brushed aluminum/welded tanks on their car (Moroso, Canton, Shelby). Rick Yates popped his hood for me last night, and it was CLEAR that these covers would be an excellent match. They're not cheap, they're awesome.

post-12143-0-18348200-1346044724_thumb.jpg

Jer

Jer,

Just make sure when you get your nice valve covers that they come with all the attaching bolts before they "ship" them to you.... mine was missing one on the Drivers side, but I just took off one from the old valve covers to use in place of the missing one...not in the box or the wrapping either.

It was probably missed in production...I assume these come from Drake or someone else before they arrive at SA. Just wanted to give some quality feedback for you. Obviously, I never complained about it and it didn't cause me any problems, but just wanted to be part of the solution not part of the problem... if you didn't know about this one, then you wouldn't be able to make sure others wouldn't have the same experience. Still very happy with the parts I installed!!

Andy.

LOL, no worries... Yes, let's say Hello at SEMA if possible... THANKS!

Jer

Anyway I hope to meet you on Nov 1 for the Museum delivery of my SS.... :camera:

Jer,

Just make sure when you get your nice valve covers that they come with all the attaching bolts before they "ship" them to you.... mine was missing one on the Drivers side, but I just took off one from the old valve covers to use in place of the missing one...not in the box or the wrapping either.

It was probably missed in production...I assume these come from Drake or someone else before they arrive at SA. Just wanted to give some quality feedback for you. Obviously, I never complained about it and it didn't cause me any problems, but just wanted to be part of the solution not part of the problem... if you didn't know about this one, then you wouldn't be able to make sure others wouldn't have the same experience. Still very happy with the parts I installed!!

Andy.

Thanks for the heads-up!

Jer

Anyway I hope to meet you on Nov 1 for the Museum delivery of my SS.... :camera:

Yup!

Jer

Jer

Did I miss something? What are these? I like my black Wrinkle finish ones with the etched Shelby GT, but those are BEAUTIFUL!

good morning Jer....

just wanted to weigh in on the deep draw hood.....I oredered mine from SPP when the new casting became avaialble in the spring of 2011.......

it was not the same hood as the GT-H but a new casting made specifically to clear the whipple. no engine mounts needed.

the hood was twice as expensive as the previously offered deep draw thru SPP and cost $300 to ship to NJ.

My sig pic shows it installed.

the folks at SPP had several versions of this hood....they called this one, the one that clears my whipple....the mid draw hood.

so.......if new engine mounts are required for a new deep draw being offered now to clear a whipple, its not the one I got from you guys 18 months ago!

good morning Jer....

just wanted to weigh in on the deep draw hood.....I oredered mine from SPP when the new casting became avaialble in the spring of 2011.......

it was not the same hood as the GT-H but a new casting made specifically to clear the whipple. no engine mounts needed.

the hood was twice as expensive as the previously offered deep draw thru SPP and cost $300 to ship to NJ.

the folks at SPP had several versions of this hood....they called this one, the one that clears my whipple....the mid draw hood.

so.......if new engine mounts are required for a new deep draw being offered now to clear a whipple, its not the one I got from you guys 18 months ago!

Does that hood allow a strut brace over the whipple too... by chance?

Jer:

The transmission cooler scoop, new product, is in the advertisement banner all the times and there is not stock !!

Thanks......

Jorge

Thanks for the heads-up!

Jer

Transmission cooler scoops are in stock, and being powdercoated now.

I expect them to be available to ship by week's end, and I will update ASAP...

Jer

Does that hood allow a strut brace over the whipple too... by chance?

I don't know of ANY hood we've ever made that does.

Jer

Jer,

Andy.

Andy,

Thank you for the warning!

Which version of the covers did you buy?

Jer

good morning Jer....

Michael:

Yes, I was aware of all that, but I appreciate you bringing it up, because it bears mentioning - I didn't give enough clarity, so I apologize:

I expect to be able to offer VERY good pricing on the hoods we have in stock, which are Deep Draw, NOT "Medium Draw" (what we were shipping 18 months ago).

So, the recipient has to install lowering motor mounts, prep the hood, paint the hood, etc, which is a lot to ask. But I plan to make it worth everyone's while by including the mounts free, and adjusting the price to make the shipping costs less painful.

In summary: I'm trying to find a solution for people who don't want to wait for any possible future Medium Draw production. I just don't feel we will see them made, certainly not anytime soon.

Jer

Edited by Jer

Michael:

Yes, I was aware of all that, but I appreciate you bringing it up, because it bears mentioning - I didn't give enough clarity, so I apologize:

I expect to be able to offer VERY good pricing on the hoods we have in stock, which are Deep Draw, not "Medium Draw".

So, the recipient has to install lowering motor mounts, prep the hood, paint the hood, etc, which is a lot to ask. But I plan to make it worth everyone's while by including the mounts free, and adjusting the price to make the shipping costs less painful.

In summary: I'm trying to find a solution for people who don't want to wait for any possible future Medium Draw production. I just don't feel we will see them made, certainly not anytime soon.

Jer

Jer,

I just figured I would chime in with some details from my deep draw/mid draw hood......I wasnt trying to belittle your efforts at all, just chiming in.

I was one of those waiting in the wings for 3 years hoping the hood would be made, when it was , I pounced in 2011.

TS members pm me all the time asking about the hood, it gets raves everywhere I go.....I love it.

True, no strut tower brace, but I cured that problem with the Motion Motorsports Caster/Camber Plates.........I was told I would never miss the brace....and I dont.

You seem to be all over these issues which is a fantastic sign for all of us for the future.

Thanks Jer.

Michael

BTW, John Luft has given me his full support, everyone has been very enthusiastic about ideas I'm bringing to the table.

Jer

:rockon:

Things like that are great to hear. Congratulations on the position Jer hopefully your ideas will help keep the natives from getting too restless.

I have ordered things from SPP two times and I have been very happy with the short time it took things to arrive both times. I was however a little unhappy with how things were packed from the vendor who makes the coil covers and cap sets as the box arrived smashed. While I guess we can blame UPS mostly for that, the items inside while in bubble wrap were very loose in the box sliding and bouncing all over the place and they may have been part of the problem with the box getting beat up with the items shifting around in the box.

Also it might be worth noting on the website that some items are always listed as “out of stock” because they are made to order, like the coil covers and cap set which I did not initial know and was always waiting for them to show as in stock to order.

I’ll finish with a question, do the gift certificates ever expire, I do not see an expiration date on them.

Transmission cooler scoops are in stock, and being powdercoated now.

I expect them to be available to ship by week's end, and I will update ASAP...

Jer

Thanks Jer.....

Jer

It would be great to have these valve covers for 2010+ .............they are so fugly (in my 2012)!!

Jer,

I just figured I would chime in with some details from my deep draw/mid draw hood......I wasnt trying to belittle your efforts at all, just chiming in.

I was one of those waiting in the wings for 3 years hoping the hood would be made, when it was , I pounced in 2011.

TS members pm me all the time asking about the hood, it gets raves everywhere I go.....I love it.

True, no strut tower brace, but I cured that problem with the Motion Motorsports Caster/Camber Plates.........I was told I would never miss the brace....and I dont.

You seem to be all over these issues which is a fantastic sign for all of us for the future.

Thanks Jer.

Michael

Michael,

I REALLY appreciate the chiming! To me, TS is a community to share experiences, and I've learned a TON from it.

So, I want people to post details about their cars, etc...

Thanks for your support!

Jer

Andy,

Thank you for the warning!

Which version of the covers did you buy?

Jer

I bought the "Shelby" ones....to match the "Shelby" engine cap set the kids bought me for Father's Day...got those on sale too.

I've been using a Shelby theme to the engine as more of a manufacturer (SA) than a model (Shelby GT) kind of touch to my mods.

The other reason I went that direction is that the Fuse Box Cover I purchased with the Valve Covers also comes in "Shelby" only script, so everything under my hood matches the same script.

Wish I could have afforded those that you have your eye on!! SWEET!

I say that because the engine is so dark that the black hardly show up in the garage, but really look good in full daylight.

Keep up the great work!!!

Andy.

I bought the "Shelby" ones....to match the "Shelby" engine cap set the kids bought me for Father's Day...got those on sale too.

I've been using a Shelby theme to the engine as more of a manufacturer (SA) than a model (Shelby GT) kind of touch to my mods.

The other reason I went that direction is that the Fuse Box Cover I purchased with the Valve Covers also comes in "Shelby" only script, so everything under my hood matches the same script.

Wish I could have afforded those that you have your eye on!! SWEET!

I say that because the engine is so dark that the black hardly show up in the garage, but really look good in full daylight.

Keep up the great work!!!

Andy.

Thanks, Andy. We at SA really appreciate your support. BTW, kids who buy Dad Shelby valve covers for Fathers' Day deserve a LOT of love! LOL!

And I'll be watching for missing bolts!

Jer

Edited by Jer

We have a significant supply of Deep Draw hoods, despite the rumors.

Here are the facts: If you have a V6 or V8 that is naturally aspirated, they will fit. End of story. If you have a blower, it may need additional clearance. If so, lowered motor mounts solve the problem, just to be safe. I checked with Production, and the official word is that pinion angle is so INSIGNIFICANTLY affected, it's a non-issue.

If you want a Deep Draw hood, stay tuned. Supercharged customers will get the hood with a FREE set of engine lowering mounts.

I'm gonna announce pricing and details next week. Get ready.

Jer

Hey Jer, great news. That being said, would I really need lowering mounts with the Paxton SA installed?

We have a significant supply of Deep Draw hoods, despite the rumors.

Here are the facts: If you have a V6 or V8 that is naturally aspirated, they will fit. End of story. If you have a blower, it may need additional clearance. If so, lowered motor mounts solve the problem, just to be safe. I checked with Production, and the official word is that pinion angle is so INSIGNIFICANTLY affected, it's a non-issue.

If you want a Deep Draw hood, stay tuned. Supercharged customers will get the hood with a FREE set of engine lowering mounts.

I'm gonna announce pricing and details next week. Get ready.

Jer

Thanx Jer, thats great news, I'll be ordering one for the GT-H

Tom

Thanks, Andy. We at SA really appreciate your support. BTW, kids who buy Dad Shelby valve covers for Fathers' Day deserve a LOT of love! LOL!

And I'll be watching for missing bolts!

Jer

I just need to convince the kids to get me the Shelby Authorized SGT/SC upgrade at the next gift giving occasion....I will tell them to save their allowance for it for me. Can anyone do the math on that for me so that I can tell them how many years that would take??....I personally can't count that high. LOL.

Andy.

Hey Jer, great news. That being said, would I really need lowering mounts with the Paxton SA installed?

Nope! You're all set!

Jer

I just need to convince the kids to get me the Shelby Authorized SGT/SC upgrade at the next gift giving occasion....I will tell them to save their allowance for it for me. Can anyone do the math on that for me so that I can tell them how many years that would take??....I personally can't count that high. LOL.

Andy.

Just give them each a $2000 weekly allowance, and you'll be there in no time!

See, it's just creative financing!

Jer