07SGT5687

New SPP sale?

Thanx Jer, thats great news, I'll be ordering one for the GT-H

Tom

I should have them up soon...

Jer

Race valve covers and a new deep draw hood. Man, I guess I do need to ask for discount... :worship::hysterical:

And that's just the stuff you KNOW about! LOL...

Jer

My wallet is already getting palpitations... :hysterical2:

Welcome to MY world... there's nothing worse (or BETTER) than a Shelby Melvin set loose in the warehouse to look around.

I mentally spent this year's income already!!!

Jer

• Like 1

Welcome to MY world... there's nothing worse (or BETTER) than a Shelby Melvin set loose in the warehouse to look around.

Jer

Talk about a kid in a candy store.

Jer

:party:

I would have mentally spent some unearned income as well if i worked there.

Edited by jwestercamp

Jer,

Congratulations on your new position. Hope you are successful in making a good thing ever better. If the GC night during the Vagas Bash was a sample of the kind of work you do, we are in for some great things to come.

Looking forward to talking to you at the 2013 Bash. Whenever it happens to be. Have not seen a date yet.

Sandy

Jer,

Congratulations on your new position. Hope you are successful in making a good thing ever better. If the GC night during the Vagas Bash was a sample of the kind of work you do, we are in for some great things to come.

Looking forward to talking to you at the 2013 Bash. Whenever it happens to be. Have not seen a date yet.

Sandy

Thanks, Sandy. The GC night was the combined effort of many people, most notably Sharon Elliot and Robert Lane from TS and Jamie Lamphere from Town Square's management group. But, yes, that's the kind of thing I hope to do more of, as often as possible! I was proud to be involved.

Jer

Does that hood allow a strut brace over the whipple too... by chance?

I thought I would chime in on the deep draw hood, the whipple and the strut brace. It's not the hood that will not allow the strut brace, it's the whipple. If you lower the engine the V6 strut brace will fit between the hood and the whipple. To make the V8 strut brace fit you need to lower the engine and also slightly modify the strut brace (the conflict with the V8 brace is in the throttle body area).

7915437310_abe5122aaf_o.jpg

I thought I would chime in on the deep draw hood, the whipple and the strut brace. It's not the hood that will not allow the strut brace, it's the whipple. If you lower the engine the V6 strut brace will fit between the hood and the whipple. To make the V8 strut brace fit you need to lower the engine and also slightly modify the strut brace (the conflict with the V8 brace is in the throttle body area).

Thanks for chiming in!

Jer

Well I couldn't wait for the valve covers any more. I went and found a nice set that should be in this week. When I shop on line I expect stuff to be in stock. It gets frustrating to wait two weeks, another two weeks and then 6-8 weeks. I'm sure I'll be back to shop with SPP but I just couldn't keep waiting.

Well I couldn't wait for the valve covers any more. I went and found a nice set that should be in this week. When I shop on line I expect stuff to be in stock. It gets frustrating to wait two weeks, another two weeks and then 6-8 weeks. I'm sure I'll be back to shop with SPP but I just couldn't keep waiting.

Sorry to hear that. They haven't been ordered in a long time... I re-ordered 2 weeks ago. No ETA yet, but they will be back in stock soon, and KEPT in stock as much as possible from now on.

Tryin' my best for ya!

Jer

I'm excited you're on the job and looking out for the Team Shelby contingent. I got lucky and found a new set of Shelby covers online. I just couldn't pass them up.

I'm excited you're on the job and looking out for the Team Shelby contingent. I got lucky and found a new set of Shelby covers online. I just couldn't pass them up.

OK, well, at least you'll be flying the flag... LOL...

Hope you didn't pay too much.

Best of luck,

Jer

OK, well, congrats on the deal.

Who was the seller?

Jer

eBay. Stated new with all the hardware. I'll find out on Friday when it comes in if it was a good of a deal or not.

Best of luck, hope it's what you expect.

Jer

Best of luck, hope it's what you expect.

Jer

Thanks, I hope it's what I expect too.

EDIT: Got them on Friday in perfect condition. Installed today along with cams. :yahoo:

Edited by WildAzCat

Too many sales... that's funny. Those who agree... even funnier. I’m glad other vendors do not subscribe to this philosophy.

I think you'll find those who do tend not to be around very long. Cause or effect? Toss a coin.

Shelby isn't a value brand, it's an aspirational brand.

If you need to explain that so explicitly, it's maybe not quite as aspirational as you'd like.

But it's the whole topic that really cracks me up. "Can you please tell me when you plan to sell these items more cheaply so I won't need to buy them today and can pay you less for them tomorrow?" :hysterical2:

Thanks, I hope it's what I expect too.

EDIT: Got them on Friday in perfect condition. Installed today along with cams. :yahoo:

Congrats! Post pix!!!

Jer

Cool! Congrats! How did the cams work out? What did you go with?

Jer

Cool! Congrats! How did the cams work out? What did you go with?

Jer

I went with Comp Detroit Rocker cams. It's a mild cam that maintains good low end power and daily drivability. Next up will be the 4.10 unless the deep draw hood is around the corner.

I went with Comp Detroit Rocker cams. It's a mild cam that maintains good low end power and daily drivability. Next up will be the 4.10 unless the deep draw hood is around the corner.

The hoods will be available VERY soon. I hope to have final pricing and availability this week.Congrats on the upgrades, sounds like good stuff!

Jer

Holy cow. 4.10's?

I've been thinking about swapping out the 3.31s for 3.08s on the '13 to tame a little more torque out of the lower gears and better-prep the car for the 200mph pass I eventually intend to make. From there on, it's back to good ol' 3.55s to give it back a little more venom and make it quicker to respond on road courses in 2-4.

Madlock.......Ive had 4.10s in my ride since 07......love them even more after I sc'd the car.

2600 rpms in 5th at 80........really not too bad for cruising........

good luck with the 200 mph pass, that sounds like a great adventure! :salute:

Madlock.......Ive had 4.10s in my ride since 07......love them even more after I sc'd the car.

2600 rpms in 5th at 80........really not too bad for cruising........

good luck with the 200 mph pass, that sounds like a great adventure! :salute:

Well, I figure since it's the kind of thing I'd only ever be interested in doing once, doing it first makes the most amount of sense before configuring the car as I'll want it for the rest of its useful life.

ALMOST went to 4.10s on my '12 but I wound up being able to pretty much do the same by using a standard 27" rear tire diameter with the SVTPP's 3.73s. Makes a HUGE difference in the ability to "get on it" out of turns and at other odd gear/rev situations.

A surprising lot of people have never considered gearing through tires as integrally as the transmission or axle.