Ford Fest

Suggestions for things to do in Vegas???

My wife and I are headed to Vegas in October. Obviously plan to take a trip to SAI, any pointers?

Anyone have suggestions on other things to do? Recommend tours and/or tour companies?

This is an anniversary trip (15 years) so need things to do for her.

Any help would be appreciated!!!

P.S. If you guys would like to go ahead and start my Super Snake fund that would be great B)

I would recommend the following when in Vegas:

- Rent a car to get out to SAI, it will be cheaper than taking a cab as it is a 20 minute drive from the strip. If possible, rent it from the vehicle rental terminal at the airport and return it there, they have the best prices. Be at SAI for 10:30 a.m. for the tour of the facility, this is always fun.

- Take you wife to the Bellagio Gardens and then walk out to the front of the Bellagio for the water show. Make sure you go after dark as this is the best time for the water show. They are both excellent and it will cost you nothing. Both activities will not take allot of time but they are well worth it.

- Take your wife to one of the Cirque du Soleil shows. I would recommend either KA or O. I think these are their two best shows and you'll both love either show. Get tickets well in advance as they are often sold out if you wait till the last minute.

- Take your wife to the Fashion Show Mall. Yeah it's a great big mall lots of stores and shopping but if she's into shopping, she'll love it. There is also the Las Vegas Premium Outlet on the North end of the strip....... more shopping bliss to fill her hearts desires.

- Go to the Auto Collection at the Imperial Palace. A big collection of cars and if you go on line to this link: http://autocollections.com/ click on the free admission key, you can print off two free admission tickets for you and your wife.

- Big Elvis at Harrahs is allot of fun too. It runs Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday from 2 to 6pm. Lots of fun and it will give you the Elvis experience everyone wants at one time or another.

- If you feel like some "nature experiences" try driving out to The Valley of Fire north of the city on the I15 and follow the signs (it takes about 45 minutes to an hour to get there but it is well worth it). You'll easily spend a whole day walking around the desert looking at some truly amazing rock formations/history and going in October is an excellent time of year as it is not too hot during the day to be walking around the desert. Take food, water and sunscreen if you go.

If you would like a "nature experience" that is much closer, drive west on Charleston into the mountains and visit Red Rocks. This is a quick drive as it is on the outskirts of the city but it sure is beautiful out there and it is easy to get to. Do some of the hikes and take the drive around the park, really beautiful out there.

There is tons of stuff to do in Vegas and I'm sure others will chime in with their "to do" lists but there is no lack of fun to be had.

Have fun.

QSS

Edited by QuickSilverShelby

Hoover Dam is very cool.

It's your anniversary also, rent a race car and drive it on the big track at Las Vegas Motor Speedway. :peelout:

Hoover Dam as stated above and a cruise thru Lake Mead to see the dam from the water side.

Treasure Island hotel show (pirates) is entertaining.

If your a parrot head, Margarittaville.

Hoover Dam is very cool.

It's your anniversary also, rent a race car and drive it on the big track at Las Vegas Motor Speedway. :peelout:

A must see for sure .

My 2 cents (for the SS fund)

The gun store was real cool, fired some big a$$ guns, Sema is the end of October/ November, Kris Angel was good, didn't realize how funny he was

Love walking from Luxor to the Wynn in the evenings ans seeing the people

Rent an exotic and race around LV speedway

Fremont St is an absolute must, crazy show and the characters are nuts

For the Hoover Dam excursion: do not take the bus tours. Once again, do not take the bus tours. Rent a car. Any car. Do not take the bus tours. Liberace museum was nice but closed now. The Ethel M factory tour is OK. Stop there on your way back from Hoover Dam. Have fun!

Go to the In-N-Out. There are many in the area, but the factory store is at the one on Tropicana just west of I15.

Great burgers and cool t-shirts.

Edited by twobjshelbys
  • Like 1

Guys this is great! I do appreciate your help with this as it has been almost 15 years since I was last there.

Looking forward to the trip!!!

Lots of good suggestions, one added for shopping for the Mrs. go to the Forum Shops at Caesers...she'll dig it

Guest markham51

If you go to the Hoover Dam...make sure you visit the dam itself (underground workings) and see how everything works.

I personally like Cirques "Love" with all the Beatles songs.

My wife and i love to visit the Dance Clubs and stay till they close. We reserve a table and a" bottle" and invite couples from the dance floor to join us. It ALWAYS ALWAYS is a blast!. Its not cheap but it is memorable...

see ratings: http://www.vegasmade...ife/night-clubs

Notice the days they are open... have personally gone to Tao... 10AK (when it was called Jets, and Lavo to name a few. I always check with the wait staff at a good restaurant for updates and ones they like...and they are always changing the names of the clubs.

Visit the Venetian and check out the restaurants and the gondola rides.

Oh yes....most important>>>> When you start to get tired...have a shot of hard liquor and a coffee (no decaf)...then have another shot and a coffee. You will get the buzz and dance till dawn. Have fun!

Edited by markham51

Looks like a lot of shopping in the cards. Does SAI have a shop where we can buy shirts, parts etc. at their facility?

How about suggestions for a hotel located off of the strip, but close enough to walk?

A lot of great suggestions. You can also get your favorite beverage and watch the REALLY BIG fish tank inside the Silverton.

A lot of great suggestions. You can also get your favorite beverage and watch the REALLY BIG fish tank inside the Silverton.

That's a Bass Pro Shops in there. He already has one of those close to home. :D

With mermaids that swim and show of their scanty bathing suits.

And craps tables that I go to every time I go there. Won $600 clear last time a few weeks ago. Paid for the trip.

Have Dinner at Bartolotta at the Wynn, or Emeril's at MGM, or Table 10 at Pallazzo (nice shopping at Pallazzo tto--they have a Barneys of New York), or Mesa Grill at Ceasars, or Olives at Bellagio, or some cheap ribs at Ellis Island.

Also, Ceasars just did a 17 million dollar refurb on their buffett. The Planet Hollywood and Rio buffett is good too. DON'T have the 1.99 buffett at Circus Circus. (although, the Steak house at Circus is excellent).

There are a couple of Mob museums too. The one at the Tropicana is a little more about entertainment than history (although the history is there afterwards with lots of personal belongings on display from most of the major players). We'll go to the other one next time. Watch for discount coupons at the Trop.

Edited by twobjshelbys

Helicopter ride over the Grand Canyon & strip later in the day! Rent a Hummer and go out "camping" near Area 51, it's a blast (get helmets etc. just incase).

Edited by jsarkis

That's a Bass Pro Shops in there. He already has one of those close to home. :D

But those mermaids don't sound like the fish in our Bass Pro B)

Edited by Ford Fest