Shelby-At-Large

I'm looking for other hood options

Hmmmm...

I haven't seen "bow" as an issue. Just some extra flashing from the molds that needed to be "aligned" with the fenders.

Jer

Hmmmm...

I haven't seen "bow" as an issue. Just some extra flashing from the molds that needed to be "aligned" with the fenders.

Jer

Can you clarify flashing. Thanks.

Can you clarify flashing. Thanks.

"Flashing" is the extra fiberglass, resin, etc... that squeezes out the edges of the mold when making the hood. Like the outside edges on a pie crust. It needs to be sanded off so the hood side edge is smooth. Take off too little, the hood is too big. Take off too much, the gap between hood and fender is too large. Take it off unevenly, the fender/hood gap will look crooked.

Jer

"Flashing" is the extra fiberglass, resin, etc... that squeezes out the edges of the mold when making the hood. Like the outside edges on a pie crust. It needs to be sanded off so the hood side edge is smooth. Take off too little, the hood is too big. Take off too much, the gap between hood and fender is too large. Take it off unevenly, the fender/hood gap will look crooked.

Jer

Thank you.

Jer,

I know this may be a long shot, however, is there anyway that we can opt to have SA get the prep work done, it is very hard here in South Fl to find a reputable, honest, and knowledgeable person/shop that knows about working with fiberglass. If your guys are experienced working on them I'd gladly pay extra to have it done at SA.

I am in North Central Florida and have an awesome paint and body guy here. I have known and used him for over 25 years. He is the only one who paints my cars and trucks. He restored my 71 bronco, prepped the underside of my new fiberglass hood for the airbrush artist. When I got the hood back from the paint brush artist, he cleared the airbrush work and started on the top side of the hood. He is a great guy and has a great reputation around the central Fl area.

If you would like a contact, PM me and I will send you his number.

• Like 1

I am in North Central Florida and have an awesome paint and body guy here. I have known and used him for over 25 years. He is the only one who paints my cars and trucks. He restored my 71 bronco, prepped the underside of my new fiberglass hood for the airbrush artist. When I got the hood back from the paint brush artist, he cleared the airbrush work and started on the top side of the hood. He is a great guy and has a great reputation around the central Fl area.

If you would like a contact, PM me and I will send you his number.

Thanks, I will keep you in mind.

One more thing you might have a request for, is the vehicle emmisions sticker, especially from those in California. When I tried to register my vehicle after purchasing it out of state, I needed one as my hood was swapped out at Shelby and the factory sticker wasn't on there. I don't know now if the EO from Whipple alone will suffice for smog checks.

Gotta love California and their smog laws... :banghead:

Just something else to consider Jer. And thanks for thinking ahead for what might be needed.

Excuse the crappy picture but here is what I'm talking about.

IMG_1079.jpg

Dan

Dan,

I got the stickers secured. Thanks for the heads-up.

Jer

Can't wait to write it.... my fingers hurt already... sigh.... :hysterical:

Jer

:waiting: Writing a book? Had to send the film off to be developed? :hysterical:

:waiting: Writing a book? Had to send the film off to be developed? :hysterical:

No, I had a minor change of plans; I decided to make it a permanent part of the item description in the store. So when it's released, everyone will have the facts, not just TS members.

There's a phenomenon I've discovered: If I post anything in this forum, I need to be sure I have a chunk of time every day afterwards to answer the monsoon of questions and conjecture that hits immediately afterward. With Barrett-Jackson and SEMA prep taking up a lot of my schedule (not to mention that this is only one of 4 or 5 products I'm shepherding back onto the reservation) I just wanted to be timely, to guarantee the best experience for everyone. I also didn't want to post until I have the most important info of all: the price. I only need one more neccessary installation item to be in stock before I can roll this out (since I want people to be able to actually buy and install the hood immediately). I'm going to make it worth the wait, I promise.

If anyone has an urgent question, send a PM or email me at JerG@ShelbyAmerican.com in the meantime.

Jer

I've PMed everyone individually.

FordRocks1, your mailbox isnot accepting messages.

Jer

Kudos to Jer and his team for making this happen. Also the detailed store description is just awesome, helps clear up some confusion many Shelby enthusiasts have had when asking for "deep draw" hoods.

Steve

Kudos to Jer and his team for making this happen. Also the detailed store description is just awesome, helps clear up some confusion many Shelby enthusiasts have had when asking for "deep draw" hoods.

Steve

Thanks, Steve!

I figured if *I* was confused, EVERYONE was! Just wanted to finally set the record straight.

Jer

p.s. The hard part was getting that damn film developed... :hysterical:

Edited by Jer

Awesome write up. I had been lost in the discussion of the different hoods and the potential application.

Andy.

Awesome write up. I had been lost in the discussion of the different hoods and the potential application.

Andy.

Thanks, Andy!

Jer

Edited by Jer