Shelby-At-Large

I'm looking for other hood options

I have a 2008 Shelby GT & am considering getting a different hood. With it's dimensions in mind, is there an easy way to find other hood styles with the same dimensions that would easily fit? In my optimistic mind I'm hoping there's a website feature out there where you plug in the make/model/year of your car & it spits out options for you, but that's got to be fantasy (not to mention lazy). I know nothing about the process, whether these have to be custom made or not, whether a different hood usually or always requires new front fascia, etc. Any info, advice, experience appreciated.

I realize that anything can be custom made, but at least initially I want to see what I can get done sooner. And does anyone happen to know if replacing the hood cancels their extended warranty? I haven't checked mine yet.

Thanks.

I have a 2008 Shelby GT & am considering getting a different hood. With it's dimensions in mind, is there an easy way to find other hood styles with the same dimensions that would easily fit? In my optimistic mind I'm hoping there's a website feature out there where you plug in the make/model/year of your car & it spits out options for you, but that's got to be fantasy (not to mention lazy). I know nothing about the process, whether these have to be custom made or not, whether a different hood usually or always requires new front fascia, etc. Any info, advice, experience appreciated.

I realize that anything can be custom made, but at least initially I want to see what I can get done sooner. And does anyone happen to know if replacing the hood cancels their extended warranty? I haven't checked mine yet.

Thanks.

Our Deep Draw hood fits your car. We'll be rolling out a special on them in the next few weeks.

I call it "The hood the Shelby GT was SUPPOSED to come with"!

As for warranty, the general rule is that warranty coverage can only be denied if it can be proven that the owner's modification CAUSED the warranty claim's defect. Thus, if you change your wheels, and the engine blows up, you're unikely to have an issue. The warranty people can give you exact details.

Jer

Our Deep Draw hood fits your car. We'll be rolling out a special on them in the next few weeks.

I call it "The hood the Shelby GT was SUPPOSED to come with"!

As for warranty, the general rule is that warranty coverage can only be denied if it can be proven that the owner's modification CAUSED the warranty claim's defect. Thus, if you change your wheels, and the engine blows up, you're unikely to have an issue. The warranty people can give you exact details.

Jer

:drool:

Here's a Deep Draw installed here as part of a customer's GT/SC package (Whipple) - he picked it up last week, and was kind enough to let me snap a few pix for you all:

Jer

IMAG0146.jpgIMAG0147.jpgIMG_2875.jpgIMG_2876.jpg

IMAG0146.jpg

IMAG0147.jpg

IMG_2875.jpg

IMG_2876.jpg

Edited by Jer

Here's a Deep Draw installed here as part of a customer's GT/SC package (Whipple) - he picked it up last week, and was kind enough to let me snap a few pix for you all:

Jer

IMAG0146.jpgIMAG0147.jpgIMG_2875.jpgIMG_2876.jpg

Thanks for sharing and the tease :) Once I get one I will have no excuse to get my stripes re-done and place the original hood in safe keeping. Need to coordinate a sale at the same time of release. OK, I know we want it all. :)

Edited by H0050

Thanks for sharing and the tease :) Once I get one I will have no excuse to get my stripes re-done and place the original hood in safe keeping. Need to coordinate a sale at the same time of release. OK, I know we want it all. :)

The Deep Draw hoods WILL be part of a special deal. Working out details this week.

Jer

Thanks.

,, Trufiber ,, 002410-R1-23-2A.jpg,,, :camera:

002410-R1-23-2A.jpg

The Deep Draw hoods WILL be part of a special deal. Working out details this week.

Jer

Great news Jer!! Now that my new Tune From Jon Lund has all but eliminated the excessive shaking and rattling from the lowering motor mounts, I will be all over this when details are released.

My youngest daughter Erica, rode in the car today for the first time since installing the new tune and she couldn't believe the difference in the smoothness at stops between the Ford Racing tune and Jon Lund tune.

Dan

Great news Jer!! Now that my new Tune From Jon Lund has all but eliminated the excessive shaking and rattling from the lowering motor mounts, I will be all over this when details are released.

My youngest daughter Erica, rode in the car today for the first time since installing the new tune and she couldn't believe the difference in the smoothness at stops between the Ford Racing tune and Jon Lund tune.

Dan

As I've stated before, Lund is a talented guy, well-respected not only for "Peak HP", but a real professional who makes driveability a priority.

My old tech in Long Island was Dan Carlson, who was a Steeda engineer for 9 years. He did a custom tune for me that "woke up" the car: crisper throttle, smoother power delivery, etc... THOSE guys are the rockstars, to my way of thinking.

Jer

Jer

post-12143-0-93606200-1346630656_thumb.jpgpost-12143-0-50115300-1346630657_thumb.jpgpost-12143-0-12046100-1346630658_thumb.jpgpost-12143-0-74884000-1346630658_thumb.jpg

Jer

Is that the same Terlingua Deep Draw hood? The openings seem to look a little different than mine. Just making sure if that is the V6 hood or the V8 hood :headscratch:

6994027536_c0a014f815_b.jpg

6994026642_07cb83a840_b.jpg

:headscratch:

Jer

Is that the same Terlingua Deep Draw hood? The openings seem to look a little different than mine. Just making sure if that is the V6 hood or the V8 hood :headscratch:

6994027536_c0a014f815_b.jpg

6994026642_07cb83a840_b.jpg

:headscratch:

Hood sure looks great. I cannot tell the defference but good question. :lurk:

Edited by H0050

The openings on the white hood look like they are closer in the center, closer to the edges and there is not as much material above and below the openings. This is what I seem to remember on the V8 hoods that I have seen (I have only seen three, I think that was all they made and I have seen each one of them at least once).

Any chance of the Shelby 1000 hoods being made for sale?

Hasn't been discussed with me.

Jer

Here's a close-up:

Jer

hoodcloseup.jpg

hoodcloseup.jpg

I don't know Jer. The openings are cut out much bigger than any other deep draw hood I have ever seen - and I have seen a lot. I have not seen the cutouts going all the was to the bottom like that before. Here is a picture of one of the V8 hoods.

7926795340_cc941f31a4_k.jpg

I just got together with Gary Davis, VP of Production - he's helping me to sort it out, so I can answer all of the questions definitively... and I'm gonna try to have pix for you all ASAP (hopefully today)... You will see the actual hoods, unprepped, unpainted, no beautiful car in the photo to distract you! :hysterical:

Stay tuned!

Jer

I just got together with Gary Davis, VP of Production - he's helping me to sort it out, so I can answer all of the questions definitively... and I'm gonna try to have pix for you all ASAP (hopefully today)... You will see the actual hoods, unprepped, unpainted, no beautiful car in the photo to distract you! :hysterical:

Stay tuned!

Jer

Got more info, but pix will have to wait until tomorrow - sorry, no tease intended!!!

BTW, the deal on these is gonna be worth the wait... BELIEVE ME.

Jer

those cutouts are a lot bigger than mine too.

They are, indeed, and I found out why.

More details tomorrow, I plan to type up a freakin' NOVEL on the history and technical aspects of Deep Draw hoods... LOL...

Jer

Can't wait to write it.... my fingers hurt already... sigh.... :hysterical:

Jer

Can't wait to order one!

Me too. Unfortunately, as an employee, I'm LAST in line... sigh.... it's the way we roll over here.....

Jer

Me too. Unfortunately, as an employee, I'm LAST in line... sigh.... it's the way we roll over here.....

Jer

But the wife isn't......................... :speedie:

Dan

But the wife isn't......................... :speedie:

Dan

Hahahaha... They all know my wife here at SA.

She's the one with the Kona Blue Mustang that's in line for a GTS conversion.

Not gonna work.

LOL

Jer