Jer

The Shelby Forged Wheel Pre-Order Program is OVER!

The Pre-Order program is now sold out.

Thanks, everyone, for your support of this special project celebrating Fifty Years of Shelby American!

Jer

Edited by Jer

OK, it's THAT TIME!

We'll be shutting down the pre-order program soon - we're just about sold out.

As many people that were ordering sets of 6, there MUST be extra CS center caps left....RIGHT?????????

I want to be first on that list.

Phill

As many people that were ordering sets of 6, there MUST be extra CS center caps left....RIGHT?????????

I want to be first on that list.

Phill

After these wheels are allocated to their new owners, and those customers get their caps, they will be a regular stocking item, available as their own product.

Jer

Good to hear about the caps. Now to find a set of non-50yr. scripted Alcoas! :drop:

I think you'll see a lot going out into the marketplace.

If I hear of any for sale, I will think of you.

Jer

Jer- Contrat's my friend on the lifetime change! You'll enjoy the history and recognition that comes with hard work as I have seen with my friend RS. I know that must have been a hard decision but working with SA is a once in a life time experience, enjoy it . As I always say "yolo"!! Please stay in touch.

Dave

Jer- Contrat's my friend on the lifetime change! You'll enjoy the history and recognition that comes with hard work as I have seen with my friend RS. I know that must have been a hard decision but working with SA is a once in a life time experience, enjoy it . As I always say "yolo"!! Please stay in touch.

Dave

Thanks, Dave! Hope you're well.

Jer

Thanks, everyone, for your support of this special project celebrating Fifty Years of Shelby American!

Jer

Hi Jer,

When you say the pre-order program is sold out does that mean we will not able to buy them after this?

Hi Jer,

When you say the pre-order program is sold out does that mean we will not able to buy them after this?

I'm not Jer, but that's what it means.

GONE.

No more.

Last call for alcohol.

Phill

GONE.

No more.

Last call for alcohol.

Unless someone that placed a deposit backs out, then in theory, you could purchase those wheels ;)

Never say never :)

Phill

Unless someone that placed a deposit backs out, then in theory, you could purchase those wheels ;)

Good point, and I'll bet there will be at least a couple of those if not a few.

Or the guys that ordered multiple sets and come to their senses (i.e. buyers remorse) and just buy one set.

I guess I should "Never say never".

Phill

There's a set of Shelby forged on eBay right now for $3900 and zero bids ;)

LOL...for now.

I have a feeling you'll see a few "Fifty" sets on e-bay after they ship and as soon as those are gone, the old style 'plain-Jane' wheels will be at a premium again. Maybe not right away, but give 'em a year and I'll bet that $3900 will look cheap.

But I speculate......

Phill

That could be Phill. I priced a set or true forged in sizes that I would prefer and they were about $3900. I love the look of the Shelby wheels, they just aren't wide enough for what I want to do. I could widen them but unfortunately I don't have the free cash for this deal right now. I will keep an eye on eBay for a while looking for a deal ;)

GONE.

No more.

Last call for alcohol.

Phill

I hope that is not the case. Some folks that don't frequent this site as often as others will probably want to purchase a set once they do find out they are being made again.

I have a feeling they will be back. SA is here to make money. If you had a product that sold out in less than a week wouldn’t you make more?

I have a feeling they will be back. SA is here to make money. If you had a product that sold out in less than a week wouldn’t you make more?

This quota should be a real good indiacator of their popularity.

Someone said before that there was a low demand for them.

BWAAHAAHAHAAAA! Ya sure can't say that *now*!

Phill

That could be Phill. I priced a set or true forged in sizes that I would prefer and they were about $3900. I love the look of the Shelby wheels, they just aren't wide enough for what I want to do. I could widen them but unfortunately I don't have the free cash for this deal right now. I will keep an eye on eBay for a while looking for a deal ;)

This guy was selling these before SA announced these were available for a limited time. I have zero to do with this auction, I was however watching it as I was going to buy them if I could snag them at the end, The guys selling a Shelby also so he was taking these off the car to sell separately. So it isn't a guy that bought some and now wants to flip them. Tires are not included in his sale.

http://www.ebay.com/...b882501&vxp=mtr

THESE HAVE BEEN SOLD

Edited by AzSideWinder

This guy was selling these before SA announced these were available for a limited time. I have zero to do with this auction, I was however watching it as I was going to buy them if I could snag them at the end, The guys selling a Shelby also so he was taking these off the car to sell separately. So it isn't a guy that bought some and now wants to flip them. Tires are not included in his sale.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/LIKE-NEW-SET-OF-4-SHELBY-ALCOA-20-SHELBY-WHEELS-SUPERSNAKE-POLISHED-/170918421761?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item27cb882501&vxp=mtr

I just figured bad luck on his part. Trying to sell and Shelby comes out with essentially the same wheel for cheaper ;) Honestly, after researching wheel prices they aren't priced out of line. I've just been outta the wheel market so long I had no idea what a quality wheel cost anymore :drop:

Edited by Afdharley

That is capitalism at it's best........supply and demand. Put it this way, if they would have put them up "for sale" again with no drop dead date, they would have sold diddley, notta zilch. Smart move for SA!! ; )

Ill be surprised if they bring these back for a 3rd run, it will make Shelby seem like money grubbers and I don't think that kind of rep is good for long term success. If you jack around Shelby owners they turn in to Corvette owners! true story, Ive seen it happen 2 times! :)

That is capitalism at it's best........supply and demand. Put it this way, if they would have put them up "for sale" again with no drop dead date, they would have sold diddley, notta zilch. Smart move for SA!! ; )

They would have sold. But yes your right. Instead of 4 days it would have been more like 6 months.

I didn't pull the trigger until they said they were just about out.

Ill be surprised if they bring these back for a 3rd run, it will make Shelby seem like money grubbers and I don't think that kind of rep is good for long term success. If you jack around Shelby owners they turn in to Corvette owners! true story, Ive seen it happen 2 times! :)

It’s a business they would be crazy not to bring it back. It probably will not have the 50 Years etched on them but they will be back in some form.

As far as becoming a Corvette owner I thought that was a requirement after a certain age. :hysterical2:

• Like 1

Ill be surprised if they bring these back for a 3rd run, i

I think it would be foolish for them NOT to.

The demand is obviously there, that's now a proven fact.

And at a higher price than they were originally (just under 6 bills ea. vs. just under 5).

After all, Shelby American is in business for ONE reason and only ONE reason...To make money.

Phill

I think it would be foolish for them NOT to.

The demand is obviously there, that's now a proven fact.

And at a higher price than they were originally (just under 6 bills ea. vs. just under 5).

After all, Shelby American is in business for ONE reason and only ONE reason...To make money.

Phill

+1

I'm keeping my fingers crossed. Was out of town and didn't get a chance. I was hoping to order some.

Jer

I called this morning thinking they were sold out but was able to order 1 set. Hopefully there is some more hanging around.I checked with Cruzin Concepts web site and it showed they had been alloted 40 sets.

This discussion thread has generated a lot of information and I'm pretty sure that as more people get some free time from work they will be surprised that such a desired item was made available for such a short period of time.

I must say that it seems to be a very different business plan to make a product that so many people love and then limit the number of people that can own the product. :headscratch:

• Like 1

The reason this wheel is popular is because it is limited and rare,if every v6 mustang out there had these wheels no one would want them. I hope shelby sticks to their word and no more are produced.

• Like 1