braztang

22 inches wheel on the 2013, Vossen wheels.

Did you guys see the advertisement on the 22 inches wheels at :

http://www.gtspirit.com/2012/10/12/2013-ford-shelby-gt500-convertible-on-22-inch-vossen-wheels/

I wonder if they fit right in without any trouble and modification?

Anyone could explain?

Thanks,

braztang

Don't know if it fit but it looks way to big a wheel for that style a car IMO.

+1. 20's are as big as I would go on a Shelby, but I guess this is all a matter of personnal taste.

Wow... Not to bad. But not my cup of tea. They must be a much rougher ride. There isn't hardly any rubber on those wheels. :shrug:

Its just a matter of how much wheel vs. tire you want. The ride must be very rough, and the first decent size pothole will mean the guy's gonna get to buy a new wheel. There's a TS member with very nice PUR wheels sporting 21's in the back.... personally, I think its the nicest set of wheels I've seen on a GT500.... just not everyone's cup of tea.

HyperStangs is right about the ride. I had a new Jag XKR and it had a great performance ride/handling with the stock 20's. Got talked into 22's that looked awesome on the car but it was an absolutely horrible ride, almost like there were no shocks at all and it also threw off the cars center of gravity making it feel high centered and just "off balance" going down the road. They were good rims too, cant think of the brand right now but normally put on Ferraris and Lambos, etc, about $1700 apiece, so it wasnt that. With the 2013's sophisticated electronic suspension I think you'd just ruin a good car. I had about 10 grand invested in mine (22" hi-rated tires are ridicuously expensive too) and I took em off and went back to stock.

Thanks all, it does make sense, it would mess up the ride comfort and and it would kill the overall aerodynamics.

Anyway, it does look good, but agreed that it is not worth it.

Thanks,

Braztang

To me, it just looks plain silly - and I'm rather a fan of Vossen's. I'd hate to think about the impact upon performance and ride quality.