Gary Patterson

Finally got one.....CSX5169

On 11/13/2012 at 11:38 PM, Gary Patterson said:

Well after all these years I finally got one. CSX5169 is supercharged with the large brakes and roll bar. I am honored to be a part of this small group of enthusiasts that own these great cars. I lived the Series 1 days at the shop and met the customers, many of which have become friends. I got to know the car from a drawing on a piece of paper, to the prototypes and the production cars. I got to drive the cars at the track the way they were meant to be driven.....really hard. I likely have more road course miles on these cars than anyone. On a short road course they performed at an exceptional level. We regularly beat most anything that showed up at the track in anywhere close to stock form. My favorite potential customer owned a Ferrari 360, Porsche Turbo, Viper or Vette. In that time period they were easy pickings on the short tracks.....At SAAC conventions nobody could deny the performance of the Series 1.....even though they didn't like it with the Olds engine.

They are not that comfortable, seating position is odd, the top stinks, no cruise control or cup holders, interior is cheap and so is the stereo.......and none of that matters to a person that really likes a race car for the street. kinda like a Cobra. Many service items are not that hard and parts not hard to source......some things are very difficult to work on...... The Series 1 was completed by a dedicated team of people with very very limited resources.......I was proud to be a part of that team and now an owner. You should also know that Carroll was very proud of this car and the way it performed. To this day it is the only ground up Shelby.

As most of you know I continue to work at Shelby American and love the new Shelby products. The Cobra is still a monster, as is the Super Snake. The GT350 is great on the road course today and the GTS is a great performance bargin. We have some really neat stuff coming. I rarely get on the forums so if you have a specific question feel free to e-mail me. I also enjoy Super Snake number 1C and Shelby Code Red 1C....a twin turbo beast that we continually tweak. I encourage everyone to get out and drive their cars.......most of all have some damn fun!!

HI GARY , THIS IS RAY FORKEL   WE MET AT LIME ROCKBACK N 1999  I HAD PURCHASED THE CSX4048 , AND MY SERIES 5142 , .THE COBRA WAS SOLD  IN AUSTRALIA  AND MADE HISTORY  JUST PUNCH INHISTORY OF CSX 4048 AND READ,  WE FIRST MET AT VEGAS RACE TRACK TO DRIVE THE MULE CAR , THE SERIES WAS AT SAAC 26 WITH HRE MOTORCARS BILLY ANDREWS , WHEN I HAD CARROLL SIGN THE ENGINE ANDTHEN ACROSS THE HOOD  AND YOU WERE THERE  ANYWAY  SOLD BOTH , NOW HAVE A DAYTONA COUPE FROM SUPERFORMANCE , AND LOOKING INTO MAYBE A DRAGON SNAKE THEY ARE BUILDING  LIKE BACK IN 1962