joey8

2013 shelby gt500 or 2013 camaro zl1

agreed. i'm embarrassed that i fell for it. the light came on when he thanked svt13. long week for me. head wasn't in the game. im good now. lol

Hey Joey life on this earth is really short and you never know when your time is up. So if you can get your dream car now get it. I was like you living at home just out of college and got my dream car early and do not regret it. Paying rent to line someone pockets is just stupid in my book. At 46 my House is paid off, I paid cash for my cars and have no debt to speak of. I had a good paying job out school and worked on paying all my debt off while living at home. So when I did move out I was debt free and that's something that allot of people never experience. Your parents are doing you a big favor and make the most of it. In that time you need to also set aside some of your money and invest it. The stock market helped me out allot. At your age start an investment account and do the research it will only help you in the long run and the sooner the better. If you can swing it get your dream car and make sure you set some of the cash aside you are saving by living at home. Not everyone gets a chance like you so make the most of it. Time is something you cannot buy more of so make the most of it and use it wisely. Also when buying a car make sure you look it over with a fine tooth comb and make the dealer take notes of anything you see that needs to be addressed before you buy. Being your first big purchase take it slowly and make it wright. Enjoy which ever car you get. I have driven both and the Shelby is the one I bought. The Shelby just looks worlds better to me, sounds better and it is faster which is something you can really feel. The Shelby is all about the motor which is the way I like it.

Edited by COBRA32

Hey Joey life on this earth is really short and you never know when your time is up. So if you can get your dream car now get it. I was like you living at home just out of college and got my dream car early and do not regret it. Paying rent to line someone pockets is just stupid in my book. At 46 my House is paid off, I paid cash for my cars and have no debt to speak of. I had a good paying job out school and worked on paying all my debt off while living at home. So when I did move out I was debt free and that's something that allot of people never experience. Your parents are doing you a big favor and make the most of it. In that time you need to also set aside some of your money and invest it. The stock market helped me out allot. At your age start an investment account and do the research it will only help you in the long run and the sooner the better. If you can swing it get your dream car and make sure you set some of the cash aside you are saving by living at home. Not everyone gets a chance like you so make the most of it. Time is something you cannot buy more of so make the most of it and use it wisely. Also when buying a car make sure you look it over with a fine tooth comb and make the dealer take notes of anything you see that needs to be addressed before you buy. Being your first big purchase take it slowly and make it wright. Enjoy which ever car you get. I have driven both and the Shelby is the one I bought. The Shelby just looks worlds better to me, sounds better and it is faster which is something you can really feel. The Shelby is all about the motor which is the way I like it.

Well said..don't know where all the hate came from so quick..it's your life Joey do what you want with it..I had to leave home when I was 15 so what

your parents are doing for you is great I didn't have that luxury but my two sons did I made damn sure of it..my youngest is 20 and still home which is

fine by me...they're both awesome cars but personally I'd go with the GT500..enjoy the ride but respect the power..good luck.

You guys have to be kidding, you actually think a kid making $50-60K (Does not even have a job yet, let alone a stable one) a year should buy a $65K car, are you out of your mind????? I and most of the posters are not hating anyone, we are telling him that is ridiculous and it absolutely is. What if he gets a job, buys the car, and loses the job? He is sticking himself for 5-6 years.

I agree with some of the others that this whole thread is more than likely BS, no Parent would let their kid do that.

You guys have to be kidding, you actually think a kid making $50-60K (Does not even have a job yet, let alone a stable one) a year should buy a $65K car, are you out of your mind????? I and most of the posters are not hating anyone, we are telling him that is ridiculous and it absolutely is. What if he gets a job, buys the car, and loses the job? He is sticking himself for 5-6 years.

I agree with some of the others that this whole thread is more than likely BS, no Parent would let their kid do that.

totally agree @carnut12

LOL! I'm calling BS on this whole thread. Somebody threw the A**HOLE hook in the water and we all bit!

Seems like you havea hard time believing anyone under the age of 30 can own a gt500, after all svt13 doesn't even have one right ...

He's young enough to recover. what if the world ends on Dec21st what if Godzilla attacks New York city. I'd just suggest he have a contingency plan. Worst that can happen is he has to give the car back and his parents will take care of him.

I am very sad I never got this opportunity tooo, but I'm not going to take it out on the guy.

Either way like it or not he'll be fine.

OP Stay out of the thread and read around and make an educated decision there is plenty of info out there. Don't let those who feel sorry for themselves bring you down. Each of us make their own path with their own challenges. Unless you are a compete F up then you will br jut fine. To stick to the topic here... Buy the Shelby. Even if the crowd isn't showing it's own level of maturity

He's young enough to recover. what if the world ends on Dec21st what if Godzilla attacks New York city. I'd just suggest he have a contingency plan. Worst that can happen is he has to give the car back and his parents will take care of him.

I am very sad I never got this opportunity tooo, but I'm not going to take it out on the guy.

Either way like it or not he'll be fine.

OP Stay out of the thread and read around and make an educated decision there is plenty of info out there. Don't let those who feel sorry for themselves bring you down. Each of us make their own path with their own challenges. Unless you are a compete F up then you will br jut fine. To stick to the topic here... Buy the Shelby. Even if the crowd isn't showing it's own level of maturity

Great reply, thank you for your support. Should there be anything i ask for when at the dealership this tuesday and specific things i should look for on the car before finally purchasing it. For instance, I no on the ZL1 you should make sure the spacers are removed that are used for towing and what not. Anything like that for the shelby. Thanks

Wow now I have a better understanding why I see people driving cars that appear to be more expensive than their homes, I am going to call my parents and thank them for the values they instilled in me.

Good luck regardless

Wow now I have a better understanding why I see people driving cars that appear to be more expensive than their homes, I am going to call my parents and thank them for the values they instilled in me.

Good luck regardless

Get over yourself, Self Pity and Self Righteousness. Many people are successful from many different backgrounds dang! You are NOW spending more time being negative and damaging than actually giving sound financial,career, or even life advice. Hope that pedestal you are standing on is comfortable while Joey8 is living down here on Earth.

Edited by 662HP631TQ

Get over yourself, Self Pity and Self Righteousness. Many people are successful from many different backgrounds dang! You are NOW spending more time being negative and damaging than actually giving sound financial,career, or even life advice. Hope that pedestal you are standing on is comfortable while Joey8 is living down here on Earth.

I agree..Joey sounds like has his head screwed on right..at least he ain't on the street selling crack to kids..I can't believe the hate that came out on this tread

when he was just asking an opinion on what car to buy.

I agree..Joey sounds like has his head screwed on right..at least he ain't on the street selling crack to kids..I can't believe the hate that came out on this tread

when he was just asking an opinion on what car to buy.

Yes,

Unfortunately he gave the sharks a little too much information. DARN YOUNG KIDS AND THEIR RAP MUSIC I TELL YA IMA LEARN THOSE YOUNG WHIPPERSNAPPERS!

Wisdom is earned sure, but it is just knowledge until shared, and not much knowledge was being shared (Some actually was on this thread though I can't say none) instead it was a bunch of folks that, at least to me, seemed like they knew of only one way to skin a cat and poor Joey8 hadn't skinned it to their liking. You skin that cat Joey8 and do it "Your Way" Like old Frankie said. Just be smart about it and weigh everything appropriately.

And anyones parents who made them earn their money and taught them hard working values... Good for you. I am one of those too, but I'm no rain cloud, and I won't rain on this guys parade!

Very little insight onto which car to buy in here too! Go with the Shelby watch out for 2 things i can think of off hand

1. Sticker on Driveshaft

2. Brake Fluid level when you buy it.

Thanks guy (the ones that led me in the right direction). I will check those two things when looking at the car. I'm pretty much sold on the Shelby and just can't stop watching those YouTube videos of it it's one mean sounding car. I hope to get it by the end of November. Do you guys suggest throwing on winter tires right from the start? My sisters boyfriend works for Pirelli so he could get me a nice set for wholesale which actually works out well.

Seems like you havea hard time believing anyone under the age of 30 can own a gt500, after all svt13 doesn't even have one right ...

I actually ride a bicycle that says shelby gt500 on the back of it. And on a good day I can pedal to 200 mph.

Yes,

Unfortunately he gave the sharks a little too much information. DARN YOUNG KIDS AND THEIR RAP MUSIC I TELL YA IMA LEARN THOSE YOUNG WHIPPERSNAPPERS!

Wisdom is earned sure, but it is just knowledge until shared, and not much knowledge was being shared (Some actually was on this thread though I can't say none) instead it was a bunch of folks that, at least to me, seemed like they knew of only one way to skin a cat and poor Joey8 hadn't skinned it to their liking. You skin that cat Joey8 and do it "Your Way" Like old Frankie said. Just be smart about it and weigh everything appropriately.

+1

This is why I keep things about my situation to myself otherwise the older folk on here will tear me to shreads. Now Joey8 has learned as well.

Thanks guy (the ones that led me in the right direction). I will check those two things when looking at the car. I'm pretty much sold on the Shelby and just can't stop watching those YouTube videos of it it's one mean sounding car. I hope to get it by the end of November. Do you guys suggest throwing on winter tires right from the start? My sisters boyfriend works for Pirelli so he could get me a nice set for wholesale which actually works out well.

Sell the good years put on the pirellis to offset the cost. The pirellis will ride 100x better and softer. Then come summer throw on michelins PSS. But yea make sure you remove the driveshaft sticker and have them remove a bit of brake fluid. I did not have the brake fluid prolem but the majority of other people have so better safe than sorry. Inspect the entire car before accepting. Also get a tire warranty. When you break it in don't do wide open throttle pulls for the first 400 miles or so just to be safe for the break in. Vary your RPMs in all gears and really just take it easy for the first 1000 miles so your clutch doesn't get screwed up. I think thats about it.

Why not order a 2014 GT500, this would give you time to look around and see if you can get a job. If you get a job, you have a car coming that you can afford, if not, you don't have the payments. If the weather gets nasty in your part of the world during the Winter months, the car will probably spend more time in the garage than on the road. The 2014 should arrive just in time for the good weather driving season. The 2014 will only cost $450 more than the 2013, and you will have a 1 year newer car.

Just trying to give you a viable option.

Whichever way go decide to go, good luck and stay safe.

• Like 1

I actually ride a bicycle that says shelby gt500 on the back of it. And on a good day I can pedal to 200 mph.

SVT13 i was being sarcastic i no you own a shelby, dave316 was having some difficulty believing you owned the car in a previous thread, just like he has difficulty believing me that im in the market for a gt500.

Sell the good years put on the pirellis to offset the cost. The pirellis will ride 100x better and softer. Then come summer throw on michelins PSS. But yea make sure you remove the driveshaft sticker and have them remove a bit of brake fluid. I did not have the brake fluid prolem but the majority of other people have so better safe than sorry. Inspect the entire car before accepting. Also get a tire warranty. When you break it in don't do wide open throttle pulls for the first 400 miles or so just to be safe for the break in. Vary your RPMs in all gears and really just take it easy for the first 1000 miles so your clutch doesn't get screwed up. I think thats about it.

thats what i think i am going to do. i hear the goodyears are hockey pucks under ~50 degrees which is almost everyday december - febuary/march here in jersey.

Why not order a 2014 GT500, this would give you time to look around and see if you can get a job. If you get a job, you have a car coming that you can afford, if not, you don't have the payments. If the weather gets nasty in your part of the world during the Winter months, the car will probably spend more time in the garage than on the road. The 2014 should arrive just in time for the good weather driving season. The 2014 will only cost $450 more than the 2013, and you will have a 1 year newer car.

I figured id go with a '13 because two dealerships around me have them. One in particular i really l like black with red stripes SVTPP, SVT track pack, recaros, shaker pro system (not necessary but its there) and the electronics package. I think i could get a better deal since they are a "year" older. Also, i have read that there is not much difference if any in the new year model. However, if the both dealers sell there '13's i will order a '14.

Hi, I'm 21, currently in my final year of university. I own a 2012 GT500.... fully optioned out, i received the car on my 20th birthday. Luckily I am very fortunate to have great parents to allow me to own such a car. Coming from someone pretty much the same age as you, you will get lots of people shaking their head as well dirty looks at stop lights. But, all you can do is be respectful, what they don't know is i work my ass off to keep the car, like i said I'm fortunate to have supportive parents to help me out. I get to enjoy going to the track and car shows with my dad... cars is a hobby we share.

All that said, just respect the horsepower under the hood, i haven't had any accidents yet....knock on wood.... The 12' is an amazing car, cant imagine what the 13' is like. Best of luck with your decision, cant go wrong with either choice, but the Shelby is the better decision in the end ;)

Safe Driving

The only changes for 2014 are:

New Colors:

— Ruby Red Tinted Clearcoat (RR)

— Oxford White (YZ)

Deleted Colors:

— Red Candy Tinted Clearcoat

— Performance White

Heated Seats are now standard (Except with RECARO® optional seats)

Gloss Black Stripes are suppose to replace Matte Black Stripes, I can't see how these are going to work on Black cars, but that's the word going around.

Order Guide 2014 GT500.pdf

Order Guide 2014 GT500.pdf

SVT13 i was being sarcastic i no you own a shelby, dave316 was having some difficulty believing you owned the car in a previous thread, just like he has difficulty believing me that im in the market for a gt500.

I know I was making a joke since dave 316 thinks you have to be 50 to have nice things.

• Like 1

Hi, I'm 21, currently in my final year of university. I own a 2012 GT500.... fully optioned out, i received the car on my 20th birthday. Luckily I am very fortunate to have great parents to allow me to own such a car. Coming from someone pretty much the same age as you, you will get lots of people shaking their head as well dirty looks at stop lights. But, all you can do is be respectful, what they don't know is i work my ass off to keep the car, like i said I'm fortunate to have supportive parents to help me out. I get to enjoy going to the track and car shows with my dad... cars is a hobby we share.

All that said, just respect the horsepower under the hood, i haven't had any accidents yet....knock on wood.... The 12' is an amazing car, cant imagine what the 13' is like. Best of luck with your decision, cant go wrong with either choice, but the Shelby is the better decision in the end ;)

Safe Driving

Nice to finally see another fellow 21 year old i can relate to. You are certainly fortunate to get a car like that i bet its a blast. I can only imagine the looks you receive but like you said just all you can do it be respectful ... and youre right people don't no the "behind the scenes" of it.

The only changes for 2014 are:

New Colors:

— Ruby Red Tinted Clearcoat (RR)

— Oxford White (YZ)

Deleted Colors:

— Red Candy Tinted Clearcoat

— Performance White

Heated Seats are now standard (Except with RECARO® optional seats)

Gloss Black Stripes are suppose to replace Matte Black Stripes, I can't see how these are going to work on Black cars, but that's the word going around.

Yeah, so none of these changes really relate to me being that i want the recaro seats. So hopefully i can get the 2013 for a "steal" Thanks for your help. Much appreciated.

This is a good option and good advice as well. Thanks Snoopy at least you are offering some wisdom around here.

I know I was making a joke since dave 316 thinks you have to be 50 to have nice things.

Yeah! "That is what's taking our country to shit! These Kids and their 60 Thousand dollar cars! Young Whipper Snappers! I had to flip burgers at a local burger shack all summer to buy a radio for the car I built up over 3 summers prior, which I still own today because of sentimental attachments!"

LOL!

You don't have to be fifty, you have to be SMART to have nice things at any age. I don't get mad when a pre-teen creates a cure for cancer, but there are all those saying "He didn't have a childhood, that is why he is sooo smart" Get the hell outta here. Don't make excuses for your lack of good fortune, just appreciate the advancement of the human race, which you can only determine is regression because it is making things worse in your eyes....

I can't believe these people. Any way Joey8 read up on the forum, stay out of theis thread with the sharks and dont ask question because questions are like a hook and DEFINITELY NEVER mention your age again. After all they worked their entire life to get that car, and they will be damned if anyone else has it handed to them!

Yeah! "That is what's taking our country to shit! These Kids and their 60 Thousand dollar cars! Young Whipper Snappers! I had to flip burgers at a local burger shack all summer to buy a radio for the car I built up over 3 summers prior, which I still own today because of sentimental attachments!"

LOL!

You don't have to be fifty, you have to be SMART to have nice things at any age. I don't get mad when a pre-teen creates a cure for cancer, but there are all those saying "He didn't have a childhood, that is why he is sooo smart" Get the hell outta here. Don't make excuses for your lack of good fortune, just appreciate the advancement of the human race, which you can only determine is regression because it is making things worse in your eyes....

I can't believe these people. Any way Joey8 read up on the forum, stay out of theis thread with the sharks and dont ask question because questions are like a hook and DEFINITELY NEVER mention your age again. After all they worked their entire life to get that car, and they will be damned if anyone else has it handed to them!

Yeah I know your frustration here I've been following this thread but don't stop asking questions and be proud of your age and acomplishments..i was 18

back in 1977 when I bought my first new car a Cobra II then when the movie smokey and the bandit came out 6 months later I traded it for a black Trans Am

just like in the movie..kinda stupid huh??.. but guess what I'm 53 and been retired 3 years now so it wasn't that stupid after all.. I enjoyed myself just like you

guys are doing as long as you're not hurting anyone nobodies got the right to come on here and put you down just because you're doing what you enjoy..and as

far as parents helping out!!..awesome IMO..I never had that option I was on my own at 15 trying to make a living but I swore if I had children they would never

have to go through what I did..I ended up having two sons and I made damn sure they had all the help they needed..my 20 year old is living home and as far as I'm

conserned hope he stays and yes he has a nice car and yes I paid for his first year insurance bil..I don't get this just because I had it hard my young ones should

have it hard attitude..as long as you're not doing anyone any harm and are not on the street doing drugs the power to you..so all the best of luck to all you young

fellas but like I always tell my sons be carefull and respect the power under your control..and please don't stop asking questions and dealing with us older folk

just because some act like idiots..anyway RANT OVER enjoyyyyyy!!!!!

Edited by svtkeith