Jer

NEW Shelby $1000 or $500 Wristwatch?

Nice, but for car enthuists, I think a chronograph style would be better.

Jer,

Emailed you spec sheet, picture of a chrono version and an example of a version with a all titanium bracelet. When time allows please let me know your thoughts and questions. Have a fantastic weekend,

H

Nice watches on that site. The BOSS 302 watches look great but it would be nice if they had metal bands as well.

+1

I liked almost every design on their site, and the prices were not outrageous either.

Jer,

Emailed you spec sheet, picture of a chrono version and an example of a version with a all titanium bracelet. When time allows please let me know your thoughts and questions. Have a fantastic weekend,

H

PM sent. Thank you!

Jer

Something for the gals please? Thanks

Got it.

Jer

Hey Jer,

Try talking to Christopher Ward out of London about doing a Shelby watch. They are making some quality Swiss made watches with standard swiss movements at affordable prices. They have some very attractive designs. Not sure if they will work with you but they have done some commissioned work.

http://www.christopherward-usa.com/

The Chronographs look great for around $500 and you can have your CSM number engraved on the back if you wish.

Yup their Chronographs are what I have been eyeing. Not sure if they could do both a quartz and an automatic but that would be cool and give two different price points.

Quartz

C7-SKSI390-MK2new.jpgc3-malvern-sck-mk2_christopher-ward_1.jpg

Automatics

C700SKSI_4.jpgC40SKKmainimage.jpgnewC9CHRONO_SKK.jpg

Edited by Slabo

Another company that has been know to do commissioned work is Steinhart Watches. They are also know for there value, quality and affordability. They are a German company that also uses standard ETA Swiss movements and Swiss manufacturers. Might try them as well. http://www.steinhartwatches.de/en/

Maybe something like this design. I was watching this on on E-bay, but didn't place a bid. It is know as "the Shelby watch" due to the two vertical blue stripes on the white background.

$T2eC16JHJHIE9nysd50KBQiVo+ISJg~~60_12.jpg

$T2eC16JHJHIE9nysd50KBQiVo+ISJg~~60_12.jpg

Edited by Z-man

Any activity or updates on this project?

Z-man

Any activity or updates on this project?

Z-man

Not yet.

Now that the Bash is complete, I'll be pursuing lots of different things that have been on the back burner...

Jer

I really like the Redline series of watches seen on eBay. I have to agree that the chronograph are most interesting, but I am not a fan of most of the banker/lawyer style watches seen above (no offense as these are subjective decisions for sure).

Really a much bigger fan of the largest dial, bulkier, mechanical looking chronograph in stainless, alum, carbon fiber, etc. white or red stitching on leather bands. Extra dials, interesting mechanical features, etc.

And there is really no reason that very nice examples shouldn't be available for around $250 max. I would much rather have a dozen of this type of watch that I enjoy wearing and don't worry about too much, rather than a $1,000 watch that would only get worn during the evening or such.

Just some feedback...

Edited by Redlinetoys

I really like the Redline series of watches seen on eBay. I have to agree that the chronograph are most interesting, but I am not a fan of most of the banker/lawyer style watches seen above (no offense as these are subjective decisions for sure).

Really a much bigger fan of the largest dial, bulkier, mechanical looking chronograph in stainless, alum, carbon fiber, etc. white or red stitching on leather bands. Extra dials, interesting mechanical features, etc.

And there is really no reason that very nice examples shouldn't be available for around $250 max. I would much rather have a dozen of this type of watch that I enjoy wearing and don't worry about too much, rather than a $1,000 watch that would only get worn during the evening or such.

Just some feedback...

So you are plugging your own products you are selling on ebay, right? Very objective post you have here.

• Like 1

Jer,

Take a look at the Citizen Calibre 8700. Silver band with Guardsman Blue face. Nice watch no winding and easy upgrade for Shelby. Estimated price $500-$800 with upgrade.

Virginian

• Like 1

So you are plugging your own products you are selling on ebay, right? Very objective post you have here.

Acroholic,

I have ZERO to do with the Redline watch company... I do have items on eBay with the user name redlinetoys, hoever, nothing to do with Redline watches, or any other watches for that matter.

The use of my forum name has to do with my interest in all mechanical full size TOYS which hit REDLINE frequently (boats, tri five chevs, hot rods, broncos and Shelby's)... Thus, RedlineToys. I also collect toy cars, including Redline Hot Wheels.

Nice assuming though...

Edited by Redlinetoys

I would second the citizen watches. I have an eco-drive that I love, and would certainly be interested in a Shelby version chrono.

• Like 1

On hold, but it will happen. Sorry I don't have more info.

Jer

If I would get a watch I would like it to do some thing that looks as great as our cars . Color , csm number if I was going to spend all that money .

• Like 1

It has certainly taken a back seat while we focus on our relocation and planning for a MASSIVE Shelby Vegas Bash 2014… but it WILL happen…. I can't wear a $29 watch much longer!

Thanks,

Jer