Amigo GT500

ShelbyArteHouse

Yep , I went for the 30% off sale - ordered June 2nd - did not show today :cry: Hopefully tomorrow ! They said it shipped out on the 10th of July soooo.....

WOW , I finally received my owners print today ( July 16th - ordered June 2nd ) and what a mix of emotions I have right now . The frame is busted up like it went through a rugby match , torn on the backside in two places , broken glass , wrinkled print !!!!!!! Between the crappy packing job and the carelessness of the idiots @ UPS I feel like I got robbed and violated ! I'm sure it's going to cost me $200 more to get a decent frame and glass and the wrinkle I'm sure cannot be gotten out of the print . I like the photo layout , the plaque is nice , it's signed by Carroll and there is a certificate of authenticity but it's NOT worth the hard earned money that I spent on it ! I've bid on signed items before and paid knowing what I was getting and to help out the Foundation - I hope that they get a portion of this purchase . Overall first reaction - DISAPPOINTED - JMO and experience . I think that I'll sell off some of the other Shelby collectables I have to cover the money that I spent on this !

WOW , I finally received my owners print today ( July 16th - ordered June 2nd ) and what a mix of emotions I have right now . The frame is busted up like it went through a rugby match , torn on the backside in two places , broken glass , wrinkled print !!!!!!! Between the crappy packing job and the carelessness of the idiots @ UPS I feel like I got robbed and violated ! I'm sure it's going to cost me $200 more to get a decent frame and glass and the wrinkle I'm sure cannot be gotten out of the print . I like the photo layout , the plaque is nice , it's signed by Carroll and there is a certificate of authenticity but it's NOT worth the hard earned money that I spent on it ! I've bid on signed items before and paid knowing what I was getting and to help out the Foundation - I hope that they get a portion of this purchase . Overall first reaction - DISAPPOINTED - JMO and experience . I think that I'll sell off some of the other Shelby collectables I have to cover the money that I spent on this !

I'm sure the shipping should be insured? Have you contacted Arthouse and UPS? Somebody has to pay for the destruction?

Received after hours - left a message - and the UPS guy didn't bother to stick around . All the Arthouse did was put one wrap of bubble wrap around it and threw it in a cardboard box - NO SUPPORT - most places will put in a section of Masonite or balsa wood to protect the frame / glass from twisting or being dropped on a corner . I place blame on BOTH UPS and the Arthouse for the condition of the print that I received .

Arthouse could have at the least put a "FRAGILE - GLASS " sticker on the box as far as I'm concerned !!!!!!!!

Edited by Albino500

From my dealings with Shelbyartehouse I believe that they will help you to rectify this situation, UPS is another story but I am sure you will get taken care of ...... best of luck.

Albino500, have you contacted anyone about this situation?? Things happen, but you have to give both the seller and shipper a chance to correct I would think. Sure would look forward to an update on how this gets handled for you...

Edited by Redlinetoys

Finally got a return call yesterday and they did e-mail me a RS UPS tag . Let's hope that the problem is rectified quickly ( not another 6 weeks ) and without further incidence . Their service personal was calm and understanding - I'd be happier if when they ship out the next one that it is not creased , damaged , and has a "Fragile" label on it .

About to order one of these...Promo code of 72013 on site for 35% discount through tomorrow (July 20th) for fully shipped price of $479.99!!!!

Just a quick question....I don't ever plan on selling this great car, but if I ever had to or needed to and the values did increase some down the road, would it be more desirable for the next owner to have this print also that matches the car by ordering this print with the CSM number but without including my name?

Or if you sold the car would you want to keep the print for yourself?

Which way should I order this one?

Thanks,

Andy.

Edited to correct discount date.

Edited by AndyGJ

Just ordered mine for VB 08SGT1675. only 1 left according to the website.

Very cool!! I'm VB 08SGT1676!!!! Is yours a hardtop or convertible? I'm a convertible.

I just ordered mine too!!

I bet we got the last ones or something pretty close to that.

Bump for question....

Anyone have any thoughts on ordering with or without your name on the print? If you sold your car in 20 years, would you keep or sell the print with the car?

I've placed my order, but not sure if I should keep my name on it with my SGT number or just go with the SGT number.

Thanks,

Andy

Bump for question....

Anyone have any thoughts on ordering with or without your name on the print? If you sold your car in 20 years, would you keep or sell the print with the car?

I've placed my order, but not sure if I should keep my name on it with my SGT number or just go with the SGT number.

Thanks,

Andy

When I ordered my signed GT-H print I had them put a plaque in the print that had no name or GT-H CSM #. I figure that if I ever had to sell the print, it would be way easier to sell it to another GT-H owner, especially without my name on it. I had them make me a second plate for the print which had the Name and CSM designation left blank so I can still add my name and CSM # later it I want.

I doubt I'll ever add my name and CSM # because I like the print and Shelby signature for what it is, I don't need to see me name on it.

QSS

When I ordered my signed GT-H print I had them put a plaque in the print that had no name or GT-H CSM #. I figure that if I ever had to sell the print, it would be way easier to sell it to another GT-H owner, especially without my name on it. I had them make me a second plate for the print which had the Name and CSM designation left blank so I can still add my name and CSM # later it I want.

I doubt I'll ever add my name and CSM # because I like the print and Shelby signature for what it is, I don't need to see me name on it.

QSS

Same, got extra plate

Thanks Fellas!!

I'll call them this morning and do the same thing...I was on the fence about which way to go. A print without my name that has an original CS signature on it could be more valuable down the road with or without the car. My plans are to keep this SGT for many, many years, but it would be nice to have a plate that shows I was an original owner if I ever do sell the car.

Thanks Again!!

Andy.

For me, that's for the next owner to worry about after I'm gone. This will be one of the cars that I can't ever imagine getting rid of. Certainly more will come and go, but not this one.

put your name on it. man it's your car!!!! leave that to the next guy to get a new plate.LOL

Oh yeah, I also forgot to mention, I have a 07 GT-H vert so I'm keeping my CSM plate blank until I land one of the 4 2006 5spds. Then I'll put the plate on the print. B)

QSS

Oh yeah, I also forgot to mention, I have a 07 GT-H vert so I'm keeping my CSM plate blank until I land one of the 4 2006 5spds. Then I'll put the plate on the print. B)

QSS

Let me know when you find one! You can have the plate, I'll take the car :)

sweet....and let us know when one of those come up for sale... i just want to know what one would ask.

Edited by gene64cobra

thank for share :D