NordicShelby

Questionable Ebay sellers

I was searching eBay and found this ad for a Shelby GT vert diecast that is worth about $10.00 at the most. His user name is niceguy. I think I would avoid this seller.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2008-Shelby-Mustang-GT500-Vert-Hood-Doors-Open-1-64-/350683396186?pt=Motors_Manuals_Literature&hash=item51a65bf85a&vxp=mtr

this thread is for eBay diecast sellers that we should avoid so if you come across someone that is clearly goughing people post them up.

It is very unfortunate that what use to be a fun shopping site to score on great diecasts has turned into a profit only event from sellers like that. I know not all sellers are like that. I've been collecting for years and had the rudest of sellers the other day. This guy had listed a 1:64 scale GT500 with a starting bid of $4.99 with NO RESERVE. Due to a New Years eve event I attended I missed the auction which ended with no sale. I emailed the seller and offered to buy the item for $5.00 and he refused. When I reiterated that his item had no bids and did not even sell for his starting bid he replied. " well it's not my problem you did not bid at $4.99". The idiot even told me that there was only one other listed on ebay and it was listed at $8.99. Needless to say I offered the other seller $5.00 and he accepted. Ebay seller Dodgebuzz you're an a$$*#le and in my hall of shame!

I always follow the practice that if I don't like the price I make a lower offer...or just buy from someone else....no big deal.

I agree, but this guy continued to email me about why I missed the auction. A ton of great diecast dealers on eBay and will therefor not stop buying because of one idiot seller.

I agree, but this guy continued to email me about why I missed the auction. A ton of great diecast dealers on eBay and will therefor not stop buying because of one idiot seller.

,,If the seller is writing you about this item,,and you did not ask them to write you back ,, tell ebay about it ,, just saying ,,because thats a NO,NO,, on ebay .

I was searching eBay and found this ad for a Shelby GT vert diecast that is worth about $10.00 at the most. His user name is niceguy. I think I would avoid this seller.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2008-Shelby-Mustang-GT500-Vert-Hood-Doors-Open-1-64-/350683396186?pt=Motors_Manuals_Literature&hash=item51a65bf85a&vxp=mtr

this thread is for eBay diecast sellers that we should avoid so if you come across someone that is clearly goughing people post them up.

Plus, a 95.2 Positive feedback rating on eBay is not that good. Plenty of 99+ sellers out there with that many sales.

-Tom

That yellow 1/64 Shelby GT is part of a 10-car box set that came out in 2010. The box set sold at TRU for $50 but you could get it for less at some stores (I paid $40, so $4 per car). This guy is breaking that set up - you can see some of the other cars in his other items - and trying to sell them for $50+ each...and with no packaging...that's absolutely crazy and we should just brush past him. Nobody would pay even close to that.

Here's the whole set on eBay but I just can't see getting $99 for it. That said, it's a nice set for Shelby and the box cool if you don't have it.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Carroll-Shelby-Ford-Mustang-Cobra-10-Car-Limited-Edition-2010-Collector-Box-Set-/370722596777?pt=Action_Figures_Diecast_US&hash=item5650c9e7a9

That yellow 1/64 Shelby GT is part of a 10-car box set that came out in 2010. The box set sold at TRU for $50 but you could get it for less at some stores (I paid $40, so $4 per car). This guy is breaking that set up - you can see some of the other cars in his other items - and trying to sell them for $50+ each...and with no packaging...that's absolutely crazy and we should just brush past him. Nobody would pay even close to that.

Here's the whole set on eBay but I just can't see getting $99 for it. That said, it's a nice set for Shelby and the box cool if you don't have it.

http://www.ebay.com/...=item5650c9e7a9

I bought 5 of those sets at TRU. I thought they would sell out right away but at 5,000 sets I should have known better. So that is the only way that diecast was sold was in that 10 car set? How many other cars in that set were exclusive to that set?

It's a good question. Not sure how many are unique to that set. I would assume none because I can't imagine Shelby making it that limited for a 1/64th car, though I've only seen the Daytona Cobra Coupe outside the set in other packaging. That, and maybe the Terlingua car and GT500KR (which I thought I saw at SPP).

It's a great set for anyone to have if they like Shelbys. I have my cars in my glass case along with my entire collection of Shelbys and Mustangs, and even these small cars get comments.

eBay seller MINEOPET is one to avoid. He sent two CS6 diecasts to me, one was the correct colour, one wasn't. As the incorrect one was a duplicate of one already in my collection & not what I ordered I asked them to fix it. They then came out & said they didn't have the colour I ordered so couldn't fix it.

Unbelievably eBay sided with the seller so I was stuck with a duplicate item and a missing colour version for my collection (thankfully found that with a different seller but of course paid for an item I didn't order and had to pay additional shipping to get the right item from someone else.

Avoid this seller.

Thanks for the tip UK PONY!!

i was actually thinking of buying a few 1:18's from this seller, even though his feedback is kinda shotty, he does have some of the best prices.