dednock

Alcoa Wheels

I know I am probably one of a bunch of folks who are looking for 10 inch Alcoa wheels. I got a set of 4 - 9 inch wheels and 1 - 10 inch wheel when I ordered the last go around. I was trying to get a staggered set. I am looking to trade a brand new, in an unopened box, 9 inch wheel + some $$ for a ten inch wheel. I will pay for shipping as well. Again, I know there are quite a few of us trying to do this trade. Let me know. Thanks.

Good Luck. I've got the staggered look on my car with the cs 40's and i think it has the best look compared to 4 10's.Hopefully someone will trade with you before all the 10's have been opened and used. I've tried to trade 2 of my 9'' alcoas for 2 10's to no avail. You might consider widening the 9's to 11's or more but you are looking at 350.00 per wheel for that. You could also use 255's and 275's for the staggered look but 285's would look better on the rear with 10's. Again, GOOD-LUCK.

• Like 1

I appreciate it. I was trying not go down the route of widening the 9's because of the cost. It is looking like I may not have much of a choice. Even if that is the case, I still feel pretty lucking having been able to get them at all. Thanks

Dednock - If you widen your wheels, go with at least an 11" widening -- they will fit without any issues. I had mine widened by Eric Vaughn to 11.5" and am running 315x35/20's on my rear with no issues. And the additional traction is fantastic.

Jim

Thanks for the info. I was very fortunate with a Team Shelby member, who traded 2 of my 9 inch for 2 of his 10 inch wheels. I appreciate the feed back.

Dednock - If you widen your wheels, go with at least an 11" widening -- they will fit without any issues. I had mine widened by Eric Vaughn to 11.5" and am running 315x35/20's on my rear with no issues. And the additional traction is fantastic.

Jim

Jim, did you have a set of 9's or 10'S widened, and what brand of tire are you running? I'm considering doing the same thing, but I want to be sure I won't have any clearance issues. Lastly, is your car lowered? Thanks!

Chuck

Chuck -- I have two 9" Alcoas up front and I had two 10" Alocas widened for the rear from 10" to 11.5". It does not matter what size you have -- 9" or 10" if you are having them widened. The additional width is added to the backside (inside) of the rim increasing the backspace/offset and adding room to have wider tires that tuck inside the wheel wells. Eric Vaugh, owner of Eric Vaughn Machine in Monrovia, California is the guy who did mine and he came highly recommended by several folks I talked with. His web address is: http://www.ericvaughnmachine.com and this type work is all he does and he's been doing it a long time. He actually take your wheel and using his machine, he removes an inch off of the rear of your wheel, and then adds the width you want from a similar wheel and has a single weld bead on the wheel. My widened wheels actually use less balancing weights that my wheels up front.

Most guys widening their wheels go to 11.75". I also did not want any clearance issues and did not want to have to cut the bump stops in my wheel wells. The only thing I had to do to mine was trip an inch off of the felt wheel well liners. I've had my set up on now since May 2013 and I've checked it several times and there is no rubbing. As a minimum, you will need an adjustable Panhard Bar to make sure your car is centered on the frame. I actually went with the Shelby Billet Fays Watts Link to insure there was NO side-to-side movement of the car on the frame.

I am running Michelin Pilot Super Sport Tires all the way around -- 275x35/20 up front and 315x35/20 on the rear. I love how the car looks and the additional traction is Wonderful! If you are concerned about rubbing, you could actually go with the 11.50" widened wheels and use a 305 series tire on the rear -- I saw a guy with this set up on his GT500 at the Carlisle Ford Nationals in June. When he saw mine and looked underneath the car and saw my setup, he said he wished he had done what I had done.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Jim

Chuck --

And one other thing -- yes, my car is lowered 1/2 inch -- I have Roush Lowering Springs and Ford Racing Lower Control Arms on mine. I also have a Roush Upper Control Arm installed.

Jim

Jim,

Thanks for all of that information. That's exactly what I needed to hear. My wheels haven't even been out of the box, nor has the Shelby Watts Link I bought during the summer sale. Now I just need to decide if I will lower it. I'm also considering adding 2013/14 rear rotors (14") to make it look better. With the Alcoas. Thanks again!

Chuck

Chuck

I had my rear brakes totally swapped out for 14" 4-piston Wilwoods. They look great and have improved the braking on the car.

jim